By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Microsoft making money on their units yet?

eugene said:
Anyone think that the Xbox division can ever make back all the money they ever lost?

i think they will in the future but it will take a while

Around the Network
eugene said:
Anyone think that the Xbox division can ever make back all the money they ever lost?

Of course they can. Gaming is a huge business, there's more than enough money in it for Microsoft to recover their losses. They just have to keep up the good work.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Interesting thread, I wondered this myself, and I guess now I have my answer!

$15-20 to fix an RRoD strikes me as a pretty freaking low estimate. What is this number based on? Don't they have to replace the whole motherboard? And what about the cost of the techs fixing them?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

With a billion dollars earmarked just for RROD, it probably doesn't matter...if they got 13 million returns (about 100% of 360s currently sold), they'd still have $76 per console to spend.

In a couple of years that billion could turn out to be too little if the issue persists, but for now I don't think this is going to hurt Microsoft.

Around the Network

That billion for RROD is already spent and covers future downsides so it should be all black moving forward.

Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.