By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - War and Band of Brothers fans..

..Have you seen the first episode of The Pacific? This is yet again, going to be a great season. Each episode of Band of Brothers fellt like a film, and it's one of the most accurate war depictions I ever saw. Yesterday, I saw the first episode of The Pacific, and it fellt just the same. Although the start could be seen as worse then Band of Brothers, I kind of liked it. And one of the last scenes of the battle was pretty intense. 

Even if you're not a war fan, go and watch the next episode tommorow! (USA only, but like me you can ehm.. Ya know.. Dun wanna wait and ehm.. download/stream it . Dun worry, I'm gonna buy it when it comes out in that nice Blu-Ray package that BoB also had).  

Around the Network

Sounds great. Hope it comes on Swedish TV soon. They're currently showing Band of Brothers again here and I really love it.

Do you agree that Band of Brothers is one of the best war series ever made? Really, it only gets better when you watch it for the second time, since then you understand everything that's going on. Although the character development is minimum (However, 2 guys really changed), you really understand what those guys are going through. I like that they added the commentary of the Real Easy Company.

Ehm.. Bump? :(

Rickz0r said:
Do you agree that Band of Brothers is one of the best war series ever made?

Really, it only gets better when you watch it for the second time, since then you understand everything that's going on. Although the character development is minimum (However, 2 guys really changed), you really understand what those guys are going through. I like that they added the commentary of the Real Easy Company.

I agree.
&
I agree.

Around the Network

How many episodes will this The Pacific be?

The same as Band of Brothers: 10

its on here in canada as well. not my sort of thing, but a friend watched it and he enjoyed it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Why didn't you enjoy it? Cause War is really not ur thing, or do you see other flaws? It's the most expensive mini-serie ever :)

Rickz0r said:
Why didn't you enjoy it? Cause War is really not ur thing, or do you see other flaws? It's the most expensive mini-serie ever :)

It is? The Pacific? I thought Rome was the most expensive TV series.