By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

theRepublic said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theRepublic said:
TruckOSaurus said:

- Right now theRepublic is still the most likely to be human in my mind.

I'm a zombie, and I will be able to prove it Tomorrow.

Nordlead, Dsister, and SuperAdrianK can't.

Lynch me Tomorrow if I am lying.

Put yourself in my place for an instant:

- From my point of view nordlead, dsister44, SuperAdrianK AND YOU can't prove you're zombies.

- We have to lynch someone today

- Thanks to Falcon and the fact that you're unwilling to roleclaim you're one big enigma compared to the other players who I can analyse from their past actions.

I'll say this, my role operates much like Final-Fan's role did.

What's keeping you from saying how it works today and prove it tomorrow?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
theRepublic said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theRepublic said:
TruckOSaurus said:

- Right now theRepublic is still the most likely to be human in my mind.

I'm a zombie, and I will be able to prove it Tomorrow.

Nordlead, Dsister, and SuperAdrianK can't.

Lynch me Tomorrow if I am lying.

Put yourself in my place for an instant:

- From my point of view nordlead, dsister44, SuperAdrianK AND YOU can't prove you're zombies.

- We have to lynch someone today

- Thanks to Falcon and the fact that you're unwilling to roleclaim you're one big enigma compared to the other players who I can analyse from their past actions.

I'll say this, my role operates much like Final-Fan's role did.

What's keeping you from saying how it works today and prove it tomorrow?

I'm much more useful as a mystery to the humans.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Also why can't theRepublic just prove it today? I mean I understand his role would be different from mine but obviously he's talking about something that shows up in the day.

On another note, I realize that SAK's story seems kind of shaky but I just don't get human vibes from him. I might actually lynch dsister before SAK.
And I still think I'd lynch nordlead before either of them. His role isn't weird enough.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Also why can't theRepublic just prove it today? I mean I understand his role would be different from mine but obviously he's talking about something that shows up in the day.

On another note, I realize that SAK's story seems kind of shaky but I just don't get human vibes from him. I might actually lynch dsister before SAK.
And I still think I'd lynch nordlead before either of them. His role isn't weird enough.

There is a reason I am not allowed to use my ability today.  I know for a fact that I will be able to use it tomorrow, proving my zombiehood.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

nordlead said:

As I stated, I checked you out because you seemed most scummy. If I was a human (and if there were two humans) I could have accused you of being a human, we would have mislynched you, night killed another person, and there would be 2 humans vs. 2 zombies with an almost guarenteed human win. Me clearing you of being a human wouldn't help out the humans. However, what I typed doesn't exactly hold true if there is only 1 human as then it would be 1-3 (humans to zombies).

I wanted to go back on that statement from nordlead. While I agree that clearing me wouldn't be a good course of action for a 2 humans team (because falsly accusing me would get the job done much better.)

If you consider the scenario where nordlead is the last remaining human, pretenting to be a lie detector and falsly accusing a zombie would have had him killed instantly the day after the mislynch. Now, if he clears a zombie that helps him get the trust of the town, he can have a zombie lynched during the day, kill one more during the night, the next day he's in a good position to get either one of the two remaining zombie lynched and win for the humans.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Now, if he clears a zombie that helps him get the trust of the town, he can have a zombie lynched during the day, kill one more during the night, the next day he's in a good position to get either one of the two remaining zombie lynched and win for the humans.

I agree this is a possibility, and it is something I brought this up earlier.  It is why I can't completely trust Nordlead.

Now Playing

theRepublic said:
theRepublic said:
SuperAdrianK said:
theRepublic said:
SuperAdrianK, you have one of those other unverifiable roles. So it is only fair that I focus on you as well. So far, you have been the hammer on the human SuperMario, but I just noticed that you were also the hammer on Trangentspree. (I bet TruckO wishes he were you.) Point me to the scum hunting that you have done.

I don't recall scum hunting at all. All I say are just insights, questions, thoughts of how the game is going, and answering people's question.

You realize that doesn't sound very good, right?

Alright SuperAdrianK, let's try a different tactic.  Who do you think is most suspicious right now?

I was sleeping and just left from school right now.

Sorry I didn't realize that it didn't sounded good, I was just giving an honest opinion on what I have said during the  game.

My biggest suspect would be nordlead right now (though its not very high, it would be depending on what happens the next day) since he can't prove he his innocent ( he might as well be human and know truck isn't human, worst possible case is if truck and nord are human, but I believe that there is very low chance of both of them being human.)next to that comes to dsister, because wtf is up with that role he just had? Well, he might as well be telling the truth, the telephone poll was wacky enough. then it comes to you republic, because you somehow need to prove it tommorow to prove your innocence, though falcon couldn't (but I guess it was because of his computer problems).

In conclusion, my suspects are you(I won't vote for you but I will if you can't prove anything in the next day), nordlead, and dsister.

SuperAdrianK said:

I was sleeping and just left from school right now.

Sorry I didn't realize that it didn't sounded good, I was just giving an honest opinion on what I have said during the  game.

My biggest suspect would be nordlead right now (though its not very high, it would be depending on what happens the next day) since he can't prove he his innocent ( he might as well be human and know truck isn't human, worst possible case is if truck and nord are human, but I believe that there is very low chance of both of them being human.)next to that comes to dsister, because wtf is up with that role he just had? Well, he might as well be telling the truth, the telephone poll was wacky enough. then it comes to you republic, because you somehow need to prove it tommorow to prove your innocence, though falcon couldn't (but I guess it was because of his computer problems).

In conclusion, my suspects are you(I won't vote for you but I will if you can't prove anything in the next day), nordlead, and dsister.

No worries, you are allowed to be away from the game for a little while.

Honesty is good.  However, you can't always count on other people in this game.  So I was wondering what you did to figure out for yourself who is human.  Or what you contributed to the discussion.

Regarding Falcon, I don't remember anyone asking him to roleclaim while he was still posting.  He wouldn't have been able to prove it either though.

That is absolutely fair.  If I can't prove anything Tomorrow, go ahead and lynch me.

Now Playing

Seriously people this game has got to move along.

Vote nordlead because I believe him the least.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

To expand on the above, let's begin with a recap courtesy of TOS:
--dsister44 - Swamp Zombie who as of today is a vanilla zombie (with voting ability)
--theRepublic - Zombie or Human, won't roleclaim today
--Final-Fan - Zombie King, power to suppress all votes on him for one day (might die the following night)
--nordlead - Smart Zombie, lie detector, only one use, cleared TruckOSaurus
--SuperAdrianK - Kart-riding zombie, can skip town at night (night kill immune, might vanish when using his power at night)
--TruckOSaurus - Greedy Zombie, night kill immune if casts the hammer vote.

It's become clear that WoW has made some very off-the wall zombies, and with that in mind I have become suspicious of roles that aren't weird ENOUGH.

That means my prime suspects would be nordlead and TruckOSaurus, only TOS is pretty much safe for today because TOS can only possibly be human if nordlead is also human.

As for dsister, it's true that we didn't test his lack of a vote ala trangentspree, but it seems like an awfully big risk for him to take that we would all fail to think of that. And his role is a bit similar to trangentspree (only he can become one with the town if he desires, which he did), so I guess I'd ask someone more industrious than I am who roleclaimed first?

As for SAK, maybe I'm not giving him enough credit but I don't see him coming up with that one as a ruse.