By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

theRepublic said:
I'm here.

I've been reading the thread as it progressed, but not as closely as I would have as a player.

we think you are human. Read through at least todays posts (as in day 3) and defend yourself. Obviously you can read more if you like.

@dsis

I already asked SAK about that. He responded earlier so just search through the posts after that one.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

haha xD

04/07/10 13:34 EST: Falcon replaced

(2:37:45 PM) Falcon###: Hey
(2:37:52 PM) Dsister##: Hi!
(2:38:04 PM) Dsister##: What's up?
(2:38:51 PM) Falcon###: Not much if you dont count im computerless what about you? 

*private stuff*

(2:42:14 PM) Falcon###: How's the mafia game? Im i still alive?
(2:42:23 PM) Dsister##: Nope, you were just replaced
(2:42:56 PM) Falcon###: Lol today?
(2:43:05 PM) Dsister##: Like five minutes ago XD

nordlead said:
theRepublic said:
I'm here.

I've been reading the thread as it progressed, but not as closely as I would have as a player.

we think you are human. Read through at least todays posts (as in day 3) and defend yourself. Obviously you can read more if you like.

@dsis

I already asked SAK about that. He responded earlier so just search through the posts after that one.

I know that much.  From what I have seen, most of the suspicion on 'me' is due to lurking.  Correct?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

dsister44 said:

haha xD

04/07/10 13:34 EST: Falcon replaced

(2:37:45 PM) Falcon###: Hey
(2:37:52 PM) Dsister##: Hi!
(2:38:04 PM) Dsister##: What's up?
(2:38:51 PM) Falcon###: Not much if you dont count im computerless what about you? 

*private stuff*

(2:42:14 PM) Falcon###: How's the mafia game? Im i still alive?
(2:42:23 PM) Dsister##: Nope, you were just replaced
(2:42:56 PM) Falcon###: Lol today?
(2:43:05 PM) Dsister##: Like five minutes ago XD

And I'll add this. Before people ask this is all we said about the game 

nordlead said:

which brings me to my next post. good thing I split these up and sorry for them being so long, but discussion is good. This is why you should generally focus on 1 person at a time, but right now I'm trying to figure out who to focus on.

out of final-fan, dsister, and SAK one of them could be human. With so many night immune claims, I can see why WoW would say the game isn't balanced. With 3 humans, and potentially 4 night kill immune roles, the humans would be doomed (luckily two non-voters offset the immunity). Anyways, Just going to post some thoughts on all 3 people, and see what you agree/disagree with. You can break it up for easier discussion by person. While all of them could be zombies, I think it is worth discussion the possibility of one of them being human, especially since we are sorta waiting for a replacement player.

I think we should test final-fan's ability. If anyone has a reason not to speak up soon, or else trucks or I should vote him and ask final-fan to clear the vote. This wouldn't absolutely prove he is human (WoW could have some really crazy roles, as already proven), however it would be good enough for me for today. As trucks noted, if he is human and can do such a powerful thing then he has to be the last human. As a side note, he refused to take his vote off of trangent, and him and falcon both wanted to vote him before I came in and started that whole thing. However, voting trangent was understandable, and I also didn't remove my vote at all. The vote order for trangent was - nordlead, final-fan, trucks, j0, SAK

SAK is interesting. He claimed he was awesome from the first post. He claims he has a golf cart that he can skip town in, but there is a "backfire".1. What intrigues me now, is that if there was a backfire what is it? He claims he was saying he was awesome so he would get targeted at night. 2. If that was the case then he should have used his cart night. This would lead to his "backfire" happening, which we never saw. Again, he said he was awesome day 2 to get targeted night 2, so he would have used his cart, but again no public "backfire". Now, even if he assumed he would be safe night 1 and didn't use it, why didn't he use it night 2? He even claims he failed day 3 and that he wasn't awesome, which would mean he would have had to use his power or else he would die if he was truly trying to get targeted. He is the most likely to be human in my book, mostly because I have a lot of questions running around in my mind. Some other things like trying to lynch Falcon quickly, while hesitating to vote Mario also stick out. As I pointed out above, he put the lynch vote on trangent. so SAK, what is this backfire and why haven't we seen it?

DSister. While he can vote now, this doesn't really prove a lot. We should have pressured him into typing "Vote: mario" day 1. I mean, unless it says "you die if you vote" he should have been able to type it and WoW should have ignored it. I'm kicking myself for this, as now the fact that he can vote could just be a cover for a very elaborate scheme. Also, now that I think about it more, this is the person I should have used my lie detector ability on. He hasn't voted anyone (meaningful), so there is no vote history to use to judge him by, and there really isn't a lot to go on. Maybe Mario slipped up day one, and DSister said "oh crap, I can't vote for him" and made up that he can't vote. He then had quite a bit of time to create a believable role. I really don't know about Dsister, but I'm inclined to believe him.

Agree/Disagree with what I posted?

1. I die, or rather vanish, by chance.

2. No I did not... I used it at night 2... is a night action.

Everytime I leave the town for the night, my chances of vanishing increase... right now is at 45% that I vanish, The first night you use it was at 20% of vanishing in the town... hence why i said at day 2 (I might die in day 3)... hope that answers all your questions about me...

What I think of dsister is that he is telling the truth but I want to ask him... what would happen if you did vote in day 1 and 2?

For final fan... I just can't form a opinion about him... I stink like this... its good that we vote for him, to see if was saying the truth...  but I would like to see therepublic's response. 

Around the Network
SuperAdrianK said:

Everytime I leave the town for the night, my chances of vanishing increase... right now is at 45% that I vanish, The first night you use it was at 20% of vanishing in the town... hence why i said at day 2 (I might die in day 3)... hope that answers all your questions about me...

What I think of dsister is that he is telling the truth but I want to ask him... what would happen if you did vote in day 1 and 2?

I don't know. I never bothered asking. It just said I couldn't vote till I made it into town.

Do you have to use your power at night?

dsister44 said:
SuperAdrianK said:

I don't know. I never bothered asking. It just said I couldn't vote till I made it into town.

Do you have to use your power at night?

Nope, is my own will to do it in whatever night, no restriction, just the chance of vanishing.

First, I am of the opinion that there is only one human left. Three humans in a game of nine that had two roles unable to vote in the first two days seems like way too much. Think if there had been a mis-lynch Day One, and a kill Night One. That would leave seven players, but only five voters, three of which who would be human. No way.

That eliminates the possibility that TruckOSaurus and Nordlead are both human using a clever ploy to fool us zombies.

That leads me to absolutely believe one person, TruckOSaurus. There is no way that Nordlead would make up that role if he is a zombie. However, Nordlead could still be a human using TruckOSaurus to fool the town. It is something to consider, but I don't think is likely considering posts like these:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3267912
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3272578

Also, Nordlead was the first to vote for SuperMario. Like TruckOSaurus said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3278653

It is unlikely that a fellow human would have jumped on that so early. Likewise, Final Fan was the first to point out SuperMario's mistake:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3260245

That reduces my suspicion on him. That said, someone is lying about their role. Since Final-Fan's role can be proven during the day, I would like to see that happen.

That brings us to Dsister who is now a vanilla zombie with a role that is unprovable. It may have been a clever way to lay low for a few days. It leaves him without a voting record, making him somewhat of an enigma. Looking back on page one (@100 posts per), Dsister hardly comments on SuperMario's mistake, and what he does say is suspicious:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3261569
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3264658
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3264780
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3269511

The rest of his posts are pretty much all jokes, or urging other people to vote so the day will end.

I've been researching this post far too long now, so I would like Dsister to point out the scum hunting that he has done this game. If there isn't much, or he is tunneling, he could very well be human.

That leaves SuperAdrianK with an unprovable role. That percentage chance of disappearing strikes me as odd, but I suppose it is possible. He was also the hammer on SuperMario Day One. That makes me think he could be telling the truth.

Now it comes to me. I cannot prove my role Today, but I can prove it Tomorrow. If I don't prove it Tomorrow, lynch me then.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

So Final-Fan can prove his role:

Vote: Final-Fan

Now Playing

@theRepublic: Why don't you roleclaim today even if you can't prove it now. Right now, you sound like someone who's trying to buy himself some time and that's not good!

Signature goes here!