By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

dsister44 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
I don't consider dsister to be a vote-restricting role, though. I mean, he can't vote on the first day, sure, but as he moves closer to the town he gains the ability to vote and be night killed. 

Looking at it this way wouldn't it be more believable that there are two? I want discussion, dammit! 

The thing is he sounds almost invincible. And I really can't see WoW putting a role like that in the game even though WoW said the game would be unbalanced. And I like SAK's post. Pointing out, the roleclaimed people and there weaknesses. I'm not saying that I think Trangent is scum, but just that I don't think he is still telling the whole truth 

Considering the amount of detail he's put into his roleclaim, I don't know how he could be "not telling the whole truth" about it and yet not be lying.  And honestly it'd be a lie of omission at this point. 

If you don't think trangent has been fully honest, please vote him.  If you think his roleclaim is fake (as you seem to be hinting at), then you should definitely lynch him. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
dsister44 said:

The thing is he sounds almost invincible. And I really can't see WoW putting a role like that in the game even though WoW said the game would be unbalanced. And I like SAK's post. Pointing out, the roleclaimed people and there weaknesses. I'm not saying that I think Trangent is scum, but just that I don't think he is still telling the whole truth 

Considering the amount of detail he's put into his roleclaim, I don't know how he could be "not telling the whole truth" about it and yet not be lying.  And honestly it'd be a lie of omission at this point

If you don't think trangent has been fully honest, please vote him.  If you think his roleclaim is fake (as you seem to be hinting at), then you should definitely lynch him. 

@Bold: Yeah, that's what I meant.

@Yellow: I can't vote today...

@Pink: No, I think he could very well be telling the truth. Just doing like you said in the bold. Just leaving some stuff out 

Sorry, if I seem to be a little out of it, but my doctor prescribed me some new allergy meds, and I'm not taking to them very well x__x

I see -- I forgot you couldn't vote yet.

See c03n3nj0? He can vote on day 3 at the earliest (assuming he always moves toward land), so it's pretty vote-restricted in a game this small.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

dsister44 said:
Oh, and I would ask c03n3nj0 if he could possibly hug me tonight. I would hate to get this close to town and then be shot dead by the human(s).

ok, so this thread fell out of my hot topics, so here is a post to bump it to the top and not be spam, and I'm really waiting for Falcon & SAK to vote for someone (don't care who, it might get the ball rolling though).

So, I thought I'd respond to this post, as I don't think this would help the town if j0 did this. Let's say he hugs you. IF we have a more important role than a vanilla zombie, then hugging you is a waste. j0 also gets himself killed if scum decide to go after you which he doesn't want. The humans have no reason to target you, as you haven't claimed any extra powers, SAK claims he is awesome and I claim I'm important.

SAK claims he is awesome, if j0 believes SAK, then j0 should protect SAK. If j0 believes I have an important power role, than j0 should protect me. If j0 doesn't trust anyone, then he should probably hug no one. If he is crazy he could hug final-fan, falcon, trucks, or trangent.

This is also assuming that everyone who has claimed to have a power role is telling the truth.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
dsister44 said:
Oh, and I would ask c03n3nj0 if he could possibly hug me tonight. I would hate to get this close to town and then be shot dead by the human(s).

ok, so this thread fell out of my hot topics, so here is a post to bump it to the top and not be spam, and I'm really waiting for Falcon & SAK to vote for someone (don't care who, it might get the ball rolling though).

So, I thought I'd respond to this post, as I don't think this would help the town if j0 did this. Let's say he hugs you. IF we have a more important role than a vanilla zombie, then hugging you is a waste. j0 also gets himself killed if scum decide to go after you which he doesn't want. The humans have no reason to target you, as you haven't claimed any extra powers, SAK claims he is awesome and I claim I'm important.

SAK claims he is awesome, if j0 believes SAK, then j0 should protect SAK. If j0 believes I have an important power role, than j0 should protect me. If j0 doesn't trust anyone, then he should probably hug no one. If he is crazy he could hug final-fan, falcon, trucks, or trangent.

This is also assuming that everyone who has claimed to have a power role is telling the truth.

No, jo wil not protect me, I am important but if he protects me, well i'm useless :l

vote truck:sorry, but I needed to vote for someone... *looks at falcon*

I'm awesome (laughs at humans.)

Around the Network
nordlead said:

Gosh, Nordlead, such a newb move . M0j0 is a good player. He would know not to protect me. I'm just trying to confuse the humans.

Dsister does make a good point with the trangent thing, I have to hug someone every night (I dun wanna die -_-) and he's an outcast in the beginning of the game. SAK claims he's got something hampering him too. Probably the "awesome"

Ugh... I want to ask WoW if we can double lynch!?

The town seems pretty split. I may unvote TruckOsaurus, but I'm still deciding.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

@dsis

sorry I'm a noob. Honestly my bet is the humans don't care who is protected tonight, they'll be happy with pretty much any kill.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

To elaborate, nordlead is right that it's hard to get a vote for someone today, as two can't vote, and I imagine the mafia wouldn't want to vote for each other. (If trangent is a baddie who can't vote, I guess it's easier then )

So, that's 3-4 people.

Either case if we manage to have two votes for two people today, we could possibly get something to work. As long as no one else manages to screw it up...

Thoughts?

Right now we have two votes of Truck and Trangent, I'm up for a change in targets, though.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Okay, I'm leaving for the long weekend so I'll have to make this post count since there are still people voting for me.

First off, I'm a zombie, I have a special power that isn't really incredible but that can be put to good use for the town.

Second, I know I've been acting a bit erratic today but that's because I really want to do what's best for the town and with the constant flow of information, my once solid beliefs about where the players stood got switched around time and again.Which brings me to my next order of business :

Unvote: Final-Fan

Thinking back on it, I've realized Final is probably in the same situation as me, trying to find the scum and being swayed by the unfolding events. Which explains his many votes. (For the record, I still believe my actions on day one make a stronger case for me being zombie than his but that's besides the point)

Now, I don't want to leave this day without voting and I've already mentionned that with 2 non-voters the humans can easily foil any plan we have to lynch one of them, I'm going to go for the next best thing.

Vote : trangentspree

If we're doomed to vote someone in the town, I think removing someone without a vote is the best way to go. With dsister joining town tomorrow morning, we'll be at full voting power for day 3.

Signature goes here!