By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

Vote Count

trangentspree - Final-Fan, nordlead (L-3)

TruckOSaurus - trangentspree (L-5)

Not voting - c03n3nj0, dsister44, Falcon095, SuperAdrianK, TruckOSaurus

With 8 alive, 5 votes are required to lynch.

Around the Network

I leave for one day and we get 30 new posts?  

Let me read..

I actually have a really cool role. I'm a swamp zombie. I start two days out of Zombie Land in a swamp. At night I can choose to stay put or move closer. The closer I get to town the more I become like a regular zombie. The first night I was immune from all night actions. Tonight I will be able to be night killed (That's why I didn't want to roleclaim till tomorrow). Tomorrow I should be able to vote if I choose to move closer 

Edit: Sorry, I put "/ing" instead of "/img"

I see...

Well, I see no reason to disbelieve trangentspree, since all our arguments against him have been countered, even if he did lie a bit.

So cleared by roleclaim: Trangentspree, dsister, Jo, and SuperAdriank if we believe his "awesomeness." Now, from the remaining three my two suspects are Nordlead and TruckOsaurus. I see no reason right now to be suspicious of Final-Fan.

Nordlead- well, simple reason that I believe trangent is most likely telling the truth now.

TruckOSaurus- He has been in my suspicion list for a while, first for some lazy vote reasons, and lately for his completely wrong reasons for voting trangentspree, which dsister and I pointed out here: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3298544&page=7&postnum=15 I guess it all got flushed out in the bigger overall discussion.

Now, I'll vote for either of these two. Or in a more kick-ass way a double-lynch.

Edit: Oh darn I forgot about Falcon, he really needs to post more. But I don't feel any suspicion for him. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Well it seems trangentspree is telling the truth about his vote not counting.

I'm gonna do something I've been thinking about for a while and

Vote Final-Fan

- His "vote for nordlead distraction" on day one

- The timing of his vote on supermario128

- His "I really just want to lynch someone" attitude on day two ( he voted SAK to "get things moving", then c03n3j0, then me because he wanted to eliminated a question mark , then trangentspree)

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

ok, time for a fresh look at things, since we seem to have exhausted that avenue as I don't think the town will take back up a j0 or trangent vote

we have.

nordlead - [adj] zombie (edit: my < & > tags and included text got removed because it thought it was HTML, I now realize this may have happened in past posts)

j0 - Loveable zombie
dsis - swamp zombie (might as well be a regular zombie now)
SAK - awesome zombie (or something like that, no clue what he actually does)

trangent - lying telephone pole of doom who is completely useless to the town

trucks
falcon
final-fan

~~~~~~~~~~~~

if we believe all the roleclaims (plus myself), then I believe there are 2 humans among the last 3. We would essentially control the majority vote but we can probably only lynch a zombie today or wait for the deadline. Only 6 can really vote right now, two of them are probably scum, but WoW has down that we need 5 to lynch. This poses a problem. I could be wrong on this and maybe all we need is 4.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok, just throwing some theories out, I don't know how much I believe any of them.

1) dsis is a pro-town non-voting role (swamp zombie), maybe WoW tried to counter this with a non-voting human role (telephone poles are a human device, who ever saw a zombie use a telephone [ok, I don't watch a lot of zombie movies, so who knows]). As an extension to that, maybe SAK is a awesome zombie who can night kill. This would be wasted on a unkillable scum, therefore making a scum telephone poll theory plausible. Trangent's role is crazy, so why not, my theory is crazy.

2) SAK is awesome, but maybe he is an awesome human. I've seen some other games where people have post restrictions where they have to post something multiple times to use a power (note, not on this forum). Maybe WoW thought it might be a good idea to force SAK to draw attention to himself. Maybe he is Awesome from the TV Show Chuck. This is an extreme stretch, as I really doubt WoW would make a role where the scum draws attention to themselves.

3) maybe final-fan & falcon are both human. They saw that trangent was causing a problem, claimed they would vote for him, then waited for me to actually pull off a vote. Honestly it worked as I made a case and cast my vote. They both jumped on the mario vote late into the vote sequence, and both also had a problem with the trangent lying about being able to end the day thing (before we found out his vote didn't even count in the first place). Both seem to be "on the same page". Final-Fan also hasn't removed his vote. I don't really hold this against him, as I won't remove my vote either as I don't like it when other pro-town roles lie ( I subscribe to this theory - http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Lynch_All_Liars )

4) trucks is a human. Not much to this theory, except he very weekly jumped onto the trangent voting. Who the other human to go along with him is a big question mark. He just voted final-fan, so either falcon is human, or theory 1 or 2 holds (lol), or he is trying to get attention away from himself and final-fan by voting each other (would take a vote from FF though, which hasn't happened, plus it would also make it possible for the town to lynch a human)

5) maybe nordlead actually got caught in a web of lies. Not his own lies, but that doesn't matter. Did he really screw up, or did he just follow what was some bad posting?!? If we vote him close enough to a lynch and he'll roleclaim, so maybe it is worth exerting some pressure. Good thing we have a loveable zombie though, as that would save him for one more night.

ok people post theories, I'm open to any and all. Even throw some votes in if you want, as WoW posted in the mod note, it is the only way to really put pressure on people.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Good idea, but I'm tired tonight. I'll post my thoughts when I get back from college tomorrow. ^^

I've come to realize that there are three at least remotely realistic possibilities in relation to the trangent thing:

1. There are two vote-restricted zombie roles (of 9 total players!).
2. There are two vote-restricted roles, but one is human.
3. There is one vote-restricted role, and dsister is lying.

In case 1:
A: I don't think it's likely at all.
B: If it is the case, then it's extremely likely that there were only 2 humans to start with, and one is dead so we can afford to risk a mislynch if we have a decent case against someone.

In case 2: I find dsister's role much, much more believable than trangent's.

In case 3: We lynch dsister obviously. (But I don't think we have much reason to believe case 3.)

Now, I was going to say that given these possibilities, we should go ahead and lynch trangent. But I also realized that TRANGENT HAS NO VOTE. Therefore, he's less of a threat than humans normally would be. Consequently, if we want to do some more human-hunting, that's not necessarily a bad idea ... but I'm keeping my vote on trangent, unless something really compelling pops up.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:
Well it seems trangentspree is telling the truth about his vote not counting.
I'm gonna do something I've been thinking about for a while and
Vote Final-Fan
- His "vote for nordlead distraction" on day one
- The timing of his vote on supermario128
- His "I really just want to lynch someone" attitude on day two ( he voted SAK to "get things moving", then c03n3j0, then me because he wanted to eliminated a question mark , then trangentspree)

TOS ... what are you doing? 

Your defense against my vote was that you were the first to "formally suspect" SM128 (or whatever your phrasing was), and one of the earlier voters on him. 

But I was THE FIRST ONE to jump on his slip-up, and I led the charge building suspicion on him.  It's true that I turned my eye to nordlead later on (temporarily), but I don't see how you can argue that my behavior could believably be that of SM128's fellow human. 

As for my vote-hopping ... well, I did that, yes.  I did it because I wanted to get things moving, and I had slight suspicions but nothing to keep me driving after a suspect after he put up a decent defense, so I picked out someone else and voted him.  (This changed with trangent obviously.)  And yes, I want to lynch someone.  IMO it's almost never a good idea to do a No Lynch after the first day. 

As for you in particular, yes you were a question mark, and in my opinion the town was(is) in a situation where it could afford to bump off a question mark when I had a bunch of people in my mind that were more likely to be town than you.  But beyond process of elimination and you mildly lurking I had little reason to suspect you, so once again you put up a reasonable defense and I moved on. 

But now you're #2 on my suspect list -- distantly, to be sure, but definitely. 

FoS TruckOSaurus  For voting me despite my having a defense better than his. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I'm going to let you guys know I might die tommorow, oh and I have this ominous feeling NOJ0 will die by humans......justa feeling so take that with a grain of salt.