By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

SuperAdrianK said:
so if we believe everything we just said for the past days is

SAK has an awesome item(lol at humans)
dsister doesnt want to vote, because something bad happens but is apparently good...>_>
Noj0 is the lovable zombie
tragent is a "pole"............

and we have 4 possible suspects:
nordlead- imo I view him as a zombie(the thing is... I don't know why) but I don't know why he doesn't like the fact he can't accept that tragent is a pole.
final-fan-I'm sorry, im a really terrible person but I just can't form a opinion about you :l
truck- wasn't he being voted? why was he voted? lol.
falcon- please post today, if you can....

well my opinions suck and as you can see if we vote for any of the guys above here we have 50% chance voting a human (the ones who didn't roleclaim.)

25%?

The only problem with lynching anyone who hasn't role claimed is: 1) guessing to lynch someone is ultimately bad for the town. and 2) there's still the question about trangent's role. So we could be looking at the wrong place the whole time. 

------

I agree with your second post though, I was thinking along the same lines when I made mine, but since I have no idea what your role does I decided to go with the Tree Stump example. I know WoW said this game was unbalanced, but with trangent's is just too out there. 

Edit- I forgot about WoW's vote tracking, that could very well prove trangent's role claim wrong or not. If trangent is lying and he votes truckO, he's pretty much nailing his own coffin. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Vote Count

trangentspree - Final-Fan, nordlead (L-3)

TruckOSaurus - trangentspree (L-5)

Not voting - c03n3nj0, dsister44, Falcon095, SuperAdrianK, TruckOSaurus

With 8 alive, 5 votes are required to lynch.

Speak of the devil.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:
SuperAdrianK said:

dsister doesnt want to vote, because something bad happens but is apparently good...>_>

nordlead- imo I view him as a zombie(the thing is... I don't know why) but I don't know why he doesn't like the fact he can't accept that tragent is a pole.
final-fan-I'm sorry, im a really terrible person but I just can't form a opinion about you :l

well my opinions suck and as you can see if we vote for any of the guys above here we have 50% chance voting a human (the ones who didn't roleclaim.)

25%?

The only problem with lynching anyone who hasn't role claimed is: 1) guessing to lynch someone is ultimately bad for the town. and 2) there's still the question about trangent's role. So we could be looking at the wrong place the whole time. 

------

I agree with your second post though, I was thinking along the same lines when I made mine, but since I have no idea what your role does I decided to go with the Tree Stump example. I know WoW said this game was unbalanced, but with trangent's is just too out there. 

Edit- I forgot about WoW's vote tracking, that could very well prove trangent's role claim wrong or not. If trangent is lying and he votes truckO, he's pretty much nailing his own coffin. 

Isn't there two humans left? you know 3 humans, 6 zombies... and since there are 4 people, then 2 out of 4 is 50%, correct me if I'm wrong though....

@reason 1: then why do we lynch in the first day lol (this game was an exception because of the slip up)

also, my suspision of tragent has gone away with this recent chart...

trangentspree said:
Final-Fan said:[paraphrasing trangent]
And by the way I told you explicitly that I was a zombie when in fact I am not. 
versus dsister:  "I can't vote and I won't tell you why yet"

So a confirmed non-voter forced to roleclaim vs an unconfirmed non-voter?

Also I didn't tell you anything explicitly. I didn't tell you anything. I'm a telephone pole, what have I got to tell you. I'm just saying that as far as everyone here is concerned, whatever action is targetted at me and the results that may come of it, I am a zombie. So your idea that a lie detector would get a negative on me claiming to be a zombie, is absolutely incorrect.

So, what you're telling me it that you're a ZOMBIE telephone pole?  You didn't say that earlier. 

Also, this is not the same justification you gave earlier:  "I never lied when I claimed to be a zombie during Day 1. If I am investigated, I come up zombie because the town is under the delusion that I'm not a telephone pole but another zombie."  Here you appear to be saying that it's not REALLY a lie because you will be reported as a zombie because we are all under the delusion that you are such, and WoW will maintain that illusion.  

But now you are saying that you are IN FACT a zombie (in addition to being a telephone pole), instead of us simply hallucinating your zombieness. 

Either that or you are just conflating the town's hallucination with actual objective "fact" (in-game), which is (per your initial roleclaim) that you are actually a telephone pole and not a zombie (but everyone will see you as a zombie including the scoreboard if you die). 

Either you are a zombie telephone pole, which means you omitted important information from your roleclaim; or you're a zombie-ALIGNED telephone pole, which means you LIED strictly speaking in this post (see below); or you're just a total liar and most likely human. 

@ BOLD:  Don't lie to me!  

trangentspree said:
I AM A ZOMBIE RAWR

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

But aside from Fibber McLyington's story, I've thought of a way the town could have 2 non-voting roles.

What if there were only 2 humans to start with? That would be a way to balance it out a bit, to make it harder for the town to lynch correctly. Just bad luck for the humans that we smoked half of them on Day 1.

At this point I think it might be a good idea to mass roleclaim, or maybe not, I'm on the fence, but at least I want dsister to roleclaim.

DSISTER REVEAL YOUR TRUE FORM!!!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

SuperAdrianK said:
c03n3nj0 said:
SuperAdrianK said:

25%?

------

Isn't there two humans left? you know 3 humans, 6 zombies... and since there are 4 people, then 2 out of 4 is 50%, correct me if I'm wrong though....

@reason 1: then why do we lynch in the first day lol (this game was an exception because of the slip up)

also, my suspision of tragent has gone away with this recent chart...

My bad, I was including trangent in the figure... 

Usually we don't lynch on the first day, and if we do is times like this where the person slips up or acts crazy to warrant suspicion. But taking a list and saying "pick one!" this early won't end good. 

It seems WoW did prove trangent a bit, though. So your list isn't so crazy anymore... 

Final-Fan said:
But aside from Fibber McLyington's story, I've thought of a way the town could have 2 non-voting roles.

What if there were only 2 humans to start with? That would be a way to balance it out a bit, to make it harder for the town to lynch correctly. Just bad luck for the humans that we smoked half of them on Day 1.

At this point I think it might be a good idea to mass roleclaim, or maybe not, I'm on the fence, but at least I want dsister to roleclaim.

DSISTER REVEAL YOUR TRUE FORM!!!

The game is unbalanced words of wisdom said, I'm not going to roleclaim but if you want you can hear about my super awesome item.

trangentspree said:
nordlead said:

Secondly, I never claimed I was targeted during the 1st night. You are the first person to actually claim I was targeted night 1. In fact, this is again you making crap up. I posted 1st day asking for protection, as I have been subject to night 1 kills, and multiple attempts. I've been threatened by mafia multiple times and ended up dead the next day. On top of that I've had hatmoza come out and say if he is mafia he is making sure I'd dead night 1.

This has to be a joke, right?

Because in the post above I even draw attention to an instance where you do claim to have been targetted the first night. Here it is again, in all its glory:

nordlead said:

red - typically the scum like to jump on me and insist I'm crazy/scum, while the pro-town typically join in late or half believe it. I also didn't give any of those as reasons for trusting them, just reasons to not vote now.

blue - hey, I eliminated 2 out of 7 people in my scum hunting. Not to shabby if I say so myself. I have no problem going after people to get them talking. It's what makes them slip up just enough to catch on to them.

do you think the humans will re-kill me tonight?

And I don't even understand what you're trying to say with your final paragraph. You ask people if they think you're going to die and if they say that they think you are, they are antitown? This is your scum-hunting tactic?Also, please don't try to justify your actions based on what's happened in other games. Each game is completely different.

I am entirely convinced that you are human.

"re-kill" is a play on words because I am a zombie who is "un-dead".

Again, I never claimed once that I was targeted night 1.

EDIT: gotta add a lol at the bold orange, You brought up last game with "trapping WoW". I already stated why I asked it. I was just wondering if lightning would strike 3 times in a row.

My vote is still on trangent mostly because he is a delusional liar with a crazy role. I also won't counterclaim due to the huge discovery of lies, and the fact that there are no meaninful votes on me. Revealing my role will do damage to the town.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Bump for vote count.