By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

trangentspree said:
Final-Fan said:
I realize that WoW opened this game up by stating that it was unbalanced, but I didn't think he meant MENTALLY unbalanced mayor-of-crazytown cuckoo.  Which is basically what your role is. 

And you actually did lie by stating you were a zombie.  Because whatever we may think you are, you (say you) are a telephone pole.  YOU HAVE DIRECTLY CONTRADICTED YOURSELF.  A lie detector would have detected a lie on you for that "zombie rawr" post IMO. 

Now I'll happily wait for WoW to post the table, but IMO it won't confirm your alibi.  We have a damn small town and a human with no vote (on a 3-human faction) would actually be an interesting balance mechanic...

Then why wait? And how do you know what ratio the zombie-humans are?

I wait because I have no choice:  my vote is already on you.  And I meant that the non-voting human makes sense for a 3-human faction (whereas a 2-human faction is probably weak enough already). 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I'll wait here then.

TruckOSaurus said:
What really bugs me about trangentspree's roleclaim is that, if true, we have two non-voters. Now with 8 people alive, 5 to lynch and 2 non-voters if there's still 2 humans around that means we NEED at least one human voting for our lynch candidate to have a majority. With that in mind our chances of lynching a human today are very slim.

Unless of course one of our non-voters is a human non-voter.

I hadn't thought of this but it's very true.  And dsister's a lot more credible than trangentspree. 

2 non-voting town in a town of 9?  Not possible. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
What really bugs me about trangentspree's roleclaim is that, if true, we have two non-voters. Now with 8 people alive, 5 to lynch and 2 non-voters if there's still 2 humans around that means we NEED at least one human voting for our lynch candidate to have a majority. With that in mind our chances of lynching a human today are very slim.

I hadn't thought of this but it's very true.  And dsister's a lot more credible than trangentspree. 

Let's hear you elaborate on this one, please.

trangentspree said:
Final-Fan said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I am the Telephone Pole

• You're all under a radiation-induced collective-delusion as what you're reading right now isn't really there, as I'm just a telephone pole
  • You might think you see me casting a vote during the day, but you're mistaken, as I can't really be voting because I'm a telephone pole (i.e. my vote is not counted)
  • During the night - I do nothing, because I'm a telephone pole (i.e. no night actions)
  • You might try to kill me, but it won't work - because I'm a telephone pole (i.e. complete nightkill immunity)
  • I am however part of the town - quite literally, because I'm a telephone pole - and therefore I win with the town

And by the way I told you explicitly that I was a zombie when in fact I am not. 

versus dsister:  "I can't vote and I won't tell you why yet"

Around the Network

On the other hand, maybe it's TOO crazy to be a false roleclaim...

Final-Fan said:
trangentspree said:
Final-Fan said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I am the Telephone Pole

• You're all under a radiation-induced collective-delusion as what you're reading right now isn't really there, as I'm just a telephone pole
  • You might think you see me casting a vote during the day, but you're mistaken, as I can't really be voting because I'm a telephone pole (i.e. my vote is not counted)
  • During the night - I do nothing, because I'm a telephone pole (i.e. no night actions)
  • You might try to kill me, but it won't work - because I'm a telephone pole (i.e. complete nightkill immunity)
  • I am however part of the town - quite literally, because I'm a telephone pole - and therefore I win with the town

And by the way I told you explicitly that I was a zombie when in fact I am not. 

versus dsister:  "I can't vote and I won't tell you why yet"

So a confirmed non-voter forced to roleclaim vs an unconfirmed non-voter?

Also I didn't tell you anything explicitly. I didn't tell you anything. I'm a telephone pole, what have I got to tell you. I'm just saying that as far as everyone here is concerned, whatever action is targetted at me and the results that may come of it, I am a zombie. So your idea that a lie detector would get a negative on me claiming to be a zombie, is absolutely incorrect.

Anyways, I gots two points to make:

- trangent's role is crazy indeed, goes either way to prove that it's a false roleclaim or not. But it doesn't make much sense If you compare it to a tree stump (the closest role I can think of, because I'm not sure if this is a role WoW/trangent just simply came up with) with a tree stump it goes active until you roleclaim, but apparently here you're useless from the get go. Plus, with dsister's semi-role claim it's very unlikely that there are two no-voting roles, and if there are one could be human.

- For nordlead. He said, "If you want to go the roleclaim route, you better roleclaim doctor cause there isn't much of a more important role than my own which I can counterclaim, so let's go that route." I'm curious as to what he's going to do about that. Or could it be a bluff?

Then again we would way too many roleclaims in one day.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

so if we believe everything we just said for the past days is

SAK has an awesome item(lol at humans)
dsister doesnt want to vote, because something bad happens but is apparently good...>_>
Noj0 is the lovable zombie
tragent is a "pole"............

and we have 4 possible suspects:
nordlead- imo I view him as a zombie(the thing is... I don't know why) but I don't know why he doesn't like the fact he can't accept that tragent is a pole.
final-fan-I'm sorry, im a really terrible person but I just can't form a opinion about you :l
truck- wasn't he being voted? why was he voted? lol.
falcon- please post today, if you can....

well my opinions suck and as you can see if we vote for any of the guys above here we have 50% chance voting a human (the ones who didn't roleclaim.)

Sorry for double post, but looking at the roles, I see that anyone with a role has a backfire (unless you're human scum...) Noj0, me, and you're quiet dsister who doesn't vote. Tragent's role is suspicious because it has no backfire, its like he can roleclaim day 1 and be invincible!

fos:tragent

also jo do not hug me!