By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

c03n3nj0 said:
So... a tree stump?

>_>

Not quite.

I don't lose my immunity to nightkills when I roleclaim, and I could never vote in the first place.

Around the Network
trangentspree said:
TruckOSaurus said:

@trangentspree: Very interesting stuff... very interesting because we can either prove or disprove it during this day.

I'd like for you to vote for me, then when WoW posts his next vote recap we'll know for sure if you're telling the truth.

Also, your roleclaim looks pretty close to what your role PM would have looked like, just so you know we're not allowed to post our role PM.

Unvote trangentspree (edit: added the bold)

Can do

Vote Truck

Although you do know the post I included where I voted for Nordlead already does this anyway, right?

Haven't posted my role PM, don't worry.

It could be an error from WoW. It's unlikely but it's possible.

Signature goes here!

trangentspree said:

So, here we go! Hold on to your hats!

First

Edited for bullshit.

And I like to leave that last bit in, because it seems very suspicious to my eyes.

My roleclaim

I am the Telephone Pole

• Role explanation...

My stealth-roleclaims

Vote Count (shortened to save space)

nordlead - trangentspree (L-5 )

• To a lesser degree: when I posted this picture with lyrics from the song 'Lovestruck' by Madness, a song about a man falling in love with a lamp post (...so I couldn't find a popular song about a telephone pole ¬_¬)

These guys have shown my tall and inanimate kind more love than this whole town.

A bit of explanation

• To clarify, my vote for Nordlead wasn't initially intended to be a stealth-roleclaim (this is obvious as Final-Fan had already voted for Nordlead when I did, only to change his vote later). My vote for Nordlead was primarily to avoid everyone finding out that my votes don't count - I didn't want to go the dsister route of making a big song and dance about it. Oddly enough what actually happened was that Final-Fan changed his vote and that meant it was laid out bare for everyone to see - but if people did notice it they sure as hell haven't pointed it out. So it has become a very reliable stealth-roleclaim I never intended to make.
  • I can't cast votes, I have no night abilities - the only way I can help the town is by being very active during the day and attempting to draw antitown nightkills from the humans during the night. This is why I behaved like a 'Grand Inquisitor' or whatever F-F called me - I wanted to badger people enough so if they were human, they noticed me and wanted to get rid of me. It's also why I started up those slightly controversial topics like the lie detector - I was more interested in the individual responses I got than the topics themselves (the whole to-lynch-day1/or-not-to-lynch-day1 never affected me because my vote doesn't even count & I knew the chance of there being a lie detector is very slim)
  • This whole majority/plurality argument with Final-Fan has been hilariously redundant - I lied when I said I could have helped Mario by voting No Lynch if I wanted to, because it wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference what I voted. I only said this in reply to Nordlead because I was wary of him going after me after possibly targetting me during the Night and finding out he couldn't kill me.

Why only humans would want to see me lynched and why Nordlead is human

• I tried very hard during Day 1 to attract the attention of the humans and get them to aim their nightkills at me during the night - and I believe it's very likely that I succeeded. I don't believe that Nordlead was targetted last night like he claims because 1) if he even was a zombie he was a highly suspicious zombie and those are useful for the humans to keep around and 2) I'm almost certain that he's a human.
  • The humans would be desperate to get me mislynched after failing to kill me during the night, because it's the only way they could get rid of me - and this makes me very suspicious of anyone that tries to go after me without a reasonable argument (so far that's Truck and Nordlead - although I didn't like the way Falcon went about it either)
  • I said before that there was one thing that Nordlead said to me that convinced me he was human, and it was the last line of this post directed at me:
nordlead said:

red - typically the scum like to jump on me and insist I'm crazy/scum, while the pro-town typically join in late or half believe it. I also didn't give any of those as reasons for trusting them, just reasons to not vote now.

blue - hey, I eliminated 2 out of 7 people in my scum hunting. Not to shabby if I say so myself. I have no problem going after people to get them talking. It's what makes them slip up just enough to catch on to them.

do you think the humans will re-kill me tonight?

I see no reason why a zombie would ask me this, even if it was a zombie that believed he got doctor protection the night before and wanted to remind everyone that that's what he believed. It sounds too provocative, like he wanted me to answer 'no' so he could ask questions about how I could be so sure that he didn't get targetted - so he could ascertain my role better. And I could only see him wanting to do this if he is a human that targetted me the night before.

ok, First off I want to say you lied during day 1. You didn't have to start the lie detector crap and claim zombie if you weren't a zombie. You now claim you are a Telephone Poll. Second you lied again, because you wouldn't have given the no-lynch a majority or even a plurality. This is a HUGE no-no for a pro-town player to do. Even if you are telling the truth now I see no reason to encourage pro-town lying, and I have no problem lynching you. I for one haven't lied once, you on the other hand we don't know how many times you have. Town should never lie EVER. liars are a thorn in my scum hunting side. You earned your way to the top of my list through such play tactics. In fact, you falsly drew the attention of the town. Now anyone who suspected you has nothing to go on.

Secondly, I never claimed I was targeted during the 1st night. You are the first person to actually claim I was targeted night 1. In fact, this is again you making crap up. I posted 1st day asking for protection, as I have been subject to night 1 kills, and multiple attempts. I've been threatened by mafia multiple times and ended up dead the next day. On top of that I've had hatmoza come out and say if he is mafia he is making sure I'd dead night 1.

This was a post and I was wondering if you would respons to it. So far, 2 times out of 2 that someone said I was going to die tonight it turned out they were scum. You weren't in either of those games. You see no reason for the question because you weren't in those games. Your response probably wouldn't have given me much to work on, but it would have been interesting to see if history repeats itself yet again. Multiple people in this game should remember both of those instances (the first being Hatmoza, the second I think was nen-seur)

So yay for you for catching a zombie in your own web of lies.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:

ok, First off I want to say you lied during day 1. You didn't have to start the lie detector crap and claim zombie if you weren't a zombie. You now claim you are a Telephone Poll. Second you lied again, because you wouldn't have given the no-lynch a majority or even a plurality. This is a HUGE no-no for a pro-town player to do. Even if you are telling the truth now I see no reason to encourage pro-town lying, and I have no problem lynching you. I for one haven't lied once, you on the other hand we don't know how many times you have. Town should never lie EVER. liars are a thorn in my scum hunting side. You earned your way to the top of my list through such play tactics. In fact, you falsly drew the attention of the town. Now anyone who suspected you has nothing to go on.

Woah, woah WOAH, there angry horsey.

I never lied when I claimed to be a zombie during Day 1. If I am investigated, I come up zombie because the town is under the delusion that I'm not a telephone pole but another zombie.

I just wanted to get this out of the way first, before I dealt with the rest of your response which is truly an assault on the eyes.

trangentspree said:
c03n3nj0 said:
So... a tree stump?

>_>

Not quite.

I don't lose my immunity to nightkills when I roleclaim, and I could never vote in the first place.

Actually, after checking. A tree Stump can't vote or get killed only after they role claim tree stump.

---------------------

On another note.... I feel pretty lost as to what to do right now.

I'll let you two battle it on.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
trangentspree said:
nordlead said:
Ok, First off I want to say you lied during day 1. You didn't have to start the lie detector crap and claim zombie if you weren't a zombie. You now claim you are a Telephone Poll. Second you lied again, because you wouldn't have given the no-lynch a majority or even a plurality. This is a HUGE no-no for a pro-town player to do. Even if you are telling the truth now I see no reason to encourage pro-town lying, and I have no problem lynching you. I for one haven't lied once, you on the other hand we don't know how many times you have. Town should never lie EVER. liars are a thorn in my scum hunting side. You earned your way to the top of my list through such play tactics. In fact, you falsly drew the attention of the town. Now anyone who suspected you has nothing to go on.

I never lied when I claimed to be a zombie during Day 1. If I am investigated, I come up zombie because the town is under the delusion that I'm not a telephone pole but another zombie.

I just wanted to get this out of the way first, before I dealt with the rest of your response which is truly an assault on the eyes.

WAT

I realize that WoW opened this game up by stating that it was unbalanced, but I didn't think he meant MENTALLY unbalanced mayor-of-crazytown cuckoo.  Which is basically what your role is. 

And you actually did lie by stating you were a zombie.  Because whatever we may think you are, you (say you) are a telephone pole.  YOU HAVE DIRECTLY CONTRADICTED YOURSELF.  A lie detector would have detected a lie on you for that "zombie rawr" post IMO. 

Now I'll happily wait for WoW to post the table, but IMO it won't confirm your alibi.  We have a damn small town and a human with no vote (on a 3-human faction) would actually be an interesting balance mechanic...

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

nordlead said:

Secondly, I never claimed I was targeted during the 1st night. You are the first person to actually claim I was targeted night 1. In fact, this is again you making crap up. I posted 1st day asking for protection, as I have been subject to night 1 kills, and multiple attempts. I've been threatened by mafia multiple times and ended up dead the next day. On top of that I've had hatmoza come out and say if he is mafia he is making sure I'd dead night 1.

This has to be a joke, right?

Because in the post above I even draw attention to an instance where you do claim to have been targetted the first night. Here it is again, in all its glory:

nordlead said:

red - typically the scum like to jump on me and insist I'm crazy/scum, while the pro-town typically join in late or half believe it. I also didn't give any of those as reasons for trusting them, just reasons to not vote now.

blue - hey, I eliminated 2 out of 7 people in my scum hunting. Not to shabby if I say so myself. I have no problem going after people to get them talking. It's what makes them slip up just enough to catch on to them.

do you think the humans will re-kill me tonight?

And I don't even understand what you're trying to say with your final paragraph. You ask people if they think you're going to die and if they say that they think you are, they are antitown? This is your scum-hunting tactic?Also, please don't try to justify your actions based on what's happened in other games. Each game is completely different.

I am entirely convinced that you are human.

Final-Fan said:
trangentspree said:
nordlead said:
Ok, First off I want to say you lied during day 1. You didn't have to start the lie detector crap and claim zombie if you weren't a zombie. You now claim you are a Telephone Poll. Second you lied again, because you wouldn't have given the no-lynch a majority or even a plurality. This is a HUGE no-no for a pro-town player to do. Even if you are telling the truth now I see no reason to encourage pro-town lying, and I have no problem lynching you. I for one haven't lied once, you on the other hand we don't know how many times you have. Town should never lie EVER. liars are a thorn in my scum hunting side. You earned your way to the top of my list through such play tactics. In fact, you falsly drew the attention of the town. Now anyone who suspected you has nothing to go on.

WAT

I realize that WoW opened this game up by stating that it was unbalanced, but I didn't think he meant MENTALLY unbalanced mayor-of-crazytown cuckoo.  Which is basically what your role is. 

And you actually did lie by stating you were a zombie.  Because whatever we may think you are, you (say you) are a telephone pole.  YOU HAVE DIRECTLY CONTRADICTED YOURSELF.  A lie detector would have detected a lie on you for that "zombie rawr" post IMO. 

Now I'll happily wait for WoW to post the table, but IMO it won't confirm your alibi.  We have a damn small town and a human with no vote (on a 3-human faction) would actually be an interesting balance mechanic...

Then why wait? And how do you know what ratio the zombie-humans are?

trangentspree said:
Final-Fan said:
trangentspree said:
nordlead said:

WAT

Then why wait? And how do you know what ratio the zombie-humans are?

I know it's not me. but regardless if it's a theme game or not there's always the same 3 to 1 rule. 

It's something permanent. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

What really bugs me about trangentspree's roleclaim is that, if true, we have two non-voters. Now with 8 people alive, 5 to lynch and 2 non-voters if there's still 2 humans around that means we NEED at least one human voting for our lynch candidate to have a majority. With that in mind our chances of lynching a human today are very slim.

Unless of course one of our non-voters is a human non-voter.

Signature goes here!