By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

Falcon095 said:

From those 3 my main suspect would be trangentspree because
The lie detector thing, It's his second game and he hasn't played in a game in which a lie detector appears so I think that he's either the lie detector or just a human doing stuff to gain zombie's trust.

The majority thing, it might not been a big deal but for something that wasn't a big deal there was an unusual big discussion about it, and even if it wasn't his fault he contributed to it.

He's acting very similar to the last game. Last game he talked and argued a lot like in this game and he was anti-town

And that's all I can remember for now.

Some counterpoints:

The lie detector thing

• I may not have played in a game where the lie detector appears, but that doesn't mean I haven't read a game where that happens.
  • You never, ever even insinuate who you think the protown power-roles are - you are just helping the antitowns

The majority thing

• Apparently it's not a big deal and maybe not my own fault, yet it's still worth dredging up again? This point in particular makes me think you're just throwing all the muck possible in hopes that something will stick.

You accuse me of 'acting very similar to the game' but

• I was the SK then and not mafia (different agenda)
  • This is only my second game, you don't have a basis to judge how my play changes according to alignment
  • And best of all - irony: you are playing a lot like your last game in that you talked a bit at the start and then completely disappeared - and you turned out to be mafia
  • Following on from this, you only re-emerged now since suspicion on j0 lifted and he asked for you to be modkilled/lynched for lurking - which is either a very lucky coincidence for you or you have been watching this game without playing this whole time (hoping somebody else would get the chop?)

Around the Network
nordlead said:

blue - hey, I eliminated 2 out of 7 people in my scum hunting. Not to shabby if I say so myself. I have no problem going after people to get them talking. It's what makes them slip up just enough to catch on to them.

Remind me again who these 2 people are that you eliminated and went after them until they slipped up?

trangentspree said:

Some counterpoints:

• Apparently it's not a big deal and maybe not my own fault, yet it's still worth dredging up again? This point in particular makes me think you're just throwing all the muck possible in hopes that something will stick.

• This is only my second game, you don't have a basis to judge how my play changes according to alignment
  • And best of all - irony: you are playing a lot like your last game in that you talked a bit at the start and then completely disappeared - and you turned out to be mafia
  • Following on from this, you only re-emerged now since suspicion on j0 lifted and he asked for you to be modkilled/lynched for lurking - which is either a very lucky coincidence for you or you have been watching this game without playing this whole time (hoping somebody else would get the chop?)

I'm not specifically defending Falcon, but I will say that most games he plays in he typically only posts once per 24hours (or in other words, at a very slow rate). This also leads to people asking for the town to lynch him or being modkilled.

I wouldn't make your decision on if he is scum or not based on lurking. However, if the game does end up going nowhere we typically use him as the sacrificial lynch to appease the town

The problem with the majority (while really being a plurality) thing, is that you tried to use it as a defense for why you aren't human cause you could have stopped the lynch. However, you wouldn't have stopped the lynch. This is why it keeps getting brought up. While I don't care since I think it is a simple misunderstanding of how the game would be played, I can see why people are interested in it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

trangentspree said:
nordlead said:

blue - hey, I eliminated 2 out of 7 people in my scum hunting. Not to shabby if I say so myself. I have no problem going after people to get them talking. It's what makes them slip up just enough to catch on to them.

Remind me again who these 2 people are that you eliminated and went after them until they slipped up?

7-5. You were saying I was accusing 5 people, like it was something bad. If you'd like those 5 ranked in most likely to least I can provide that, however I don't feel the need right now. The 2 are the people I'm not interested in at the moment and have no reason to interrogate and eliminated from my current scum hunting. If you have an issue with them, then you bring it up and accuse them of being scum. This obviously does not mean they won't ever be questioned, nor does it mean I won't immediatly throw them to the top of my list if something comes up.

Also, if they slipped up why would I have cleared them from scum hunting?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:
trangentspree said:

Some counterpoints:

I'm not specifically defending Falcon, but I will say that most games he plays in he typically only posts once per 24hours (or in other words, at a very slow rate). This also leads to people asking for the town to lynch him or being modkilled.

I wouldn't make your decision on if he is scum or not based on lurking. However, if the game does end up going nowhere we typically use him as the sacrificial lynch to appease the town

The problem with the majority (while really being a plurality) thing, is that you tried to use it as a defense for why you aren't human cause you could have stopped the lynch. However, you wouldn't have stopped the lynch. This is why it keeps getting brought up. While I don't care since I think it is a simple misunderstanding of how the game would be played, I can see why people are interested in it.

You're not defending Falcon, and then you go on to defend Falcon.

And I remember him from the last game. He posted a lot during the first two days and then completely disappeared. I don't know about his history prior to this, but he shouldn't be judging me from the same standpoint that makes himself sound guilty.

You're not interested in the majority thing and think it is a misunderstanding and yet you don't mind dredging it up again

So far only you, Falcon and Final-Fan have taken exception to this - and Final-Fan never used it to suggest I was antitown.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
trangentspree said:
nordlead said:

7-5. You were saying I was accusing 5 people, like it was something bad. If you'd like those 5 ranked in most likely to least I can provide that, however I don't feel the need right now. The 2 are the people I'm not interested in at the moment and have no reason to interrogate and eliminated from my current scum hunting. If you have an issue with them, then you bring it up and accuse them of being scum. This obviously does not mean they won't ever be questioned, nor does it mean I won't immediatly throw them to the top of my list if something comes up.

Also, if they slipped up why would I have cleared them from scum hunting?

@ Yes, I don't see why not.

@ I wasn't sure what your use of the word 'eliminated' meant, but I would really rather you strongly indicated who you think the humans are instead.

trangentspree said:
nordlead said:

You're not interested in the majority thing and think it is a misunderstanding and yet you don't mind dredging it up again

So far only you, Falcon and Final-Fan have taken exception to this - and Final-Fan never used it to suggest I was antitown.

remind me not to help you with past behavior or explaining why someone might be interested in a faulty defense which for some reason you cling to with every post. For some reason you refuse to admit that it was a plurality rather than a majority.

I can defend myself just fine.

[edit for use of superior emote)

nordlead said:
Final-Fan said:
Well, I'm not saying this is the case (personally I'm not inclined to think so), but the "buddy system" is in fact a tried and true mafia tactic. (@ trangent defending you in particular)

If, as you suggest, the humans were all trying for no lynch, it's of interest to note that the three people who voted No Lynch did so very close to one another (within 6 hours). But it's kind of a stretch to suppose that SAK is a human who has now gone after both his fellow humans -- although it's been done before , it's not too likely IMO given the way the j0 vote was just pulled out of his ass.

I'm aware the buddy system is a tried and true mafia tactic, however, it also throws someone off their suscpiciouns, but why me is another question that I haven't answered yet.

please explain the bold, as you either typed the wrong name, or I'm not seeing something as trangent is more of the guy who is semi-strongly suggesting that I'm human, while I'm slightly implying that he is human.

Yes, I believe I should have said SAK, since I was responding to the post above that one in which you said
"As for SAK, my only reason for not voting him for being lazy, saying sorry, and only sorta voting j0 because Tangent said we (j0 & me) both can't be human, is because he is defending me and I'm a zombie."

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

trangentspree said:

Some counterpoints:

The lie detector thing

• I may not have played in a game where the lie detector appears, but that doesn't mean I haven't read a game where that happens.
  • You never, ever even insinuate who you think the protown power-roles are - you are just helping the antitowns

The majority thing

The lie detector thing

• Yes, it's possible that you read a game in which one appeared (actually I thought of that but forgot to put it), but it's still odd how you brought it, I mean I wouldn't count with a lie detector in a themed game like this.
  • Most of the players (probably all if we don't count you) here have played in a game with a lie detecter and most have seen what you did. I'm pretty sure most already think that.

The acting similar thing

• I said anti-town, it doesn't matter if you're mafia or a SK, the point of an anti-town is to get rid of the town.
  • The first time you played you were anti town and acted in a way, now you're acting that way. People in here compare you in how you have played in last games, you don't need to play many games in a similar way for people to judge you, just ask Hatmoza and Gnizmo
  • I guess you may be right in that but there's a difference between you and me and you already said it, you have just played 2 games (counting this one) and I have played plenty of them and I (and many others) can assure you that I do the same in every games, sometimes more time, sometimes less but unless the games are done in vacations and I don't travel It's unlikely that I will be here every day.
  • Wrong. there was a difference of 7 minutes between my post and j0's and there's no way in hell that I would've done that post in 7 minutes, the reason of why I don't post when I don't have time is because it takes me quite a bit to write a long post because first english is not my first language so I need to check everything so I dont make any mistake which would make it confusing and because I'm checking old post so I write and quote correctly. And yes I had read all the post of the thread already but it's not the same posting and reading, at least not for me. And I don't know what "get the chop" means but I'm guessing that it's that somebody would get suspicious, if that's what it means, you're wrong because nobody had said anything about you being suspicious (at least not that I remember)

EDIT- For some reason I forgot to adress the majority thing.

• Wrong. If I had said it with the intention of "throwing all the muck possible in hopes that something will stick" I would've said it in a way to make you look guilty I even gave you the benefit of doubt with saying "maybe". You stated this in order to apparently make yourself look less guilty but what you said was wrong, because you wouldn't have stopped the lynch. EDIT- Nordlead ninja'd me in this one

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||