By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

Sorry for the absence but I had exams the last days of the week and I had a party at my house yesterday

Well let's look it at this..

We have 4 people who have done stuff to grab the attention of the town
Nordlead by being the first one to vote for supermario and taking too long to say "I'm a zombie"
Dsister by not voting because of his role according to him
Conejo by defending mario and roleclaiming a lovebably zombie
SAK by making no sense and saying "I'm awesome!"

We have 3 people who haven't
Final-Fan
Trans
Truck

Nordlead is either a "brave" or dumb human or he's a good player. I think now the second is more likely
I don't know exactly what to think about dsister, I think that it would be stupid to say the "I cant vote" in the first day in case he was lying, but it could also be the perfect cover. He need to tell us what's going.
I'll believe conejo for now.
SAK's sitution is like dsister's one.

Now, those are the ones being a bit "suspicious" but what about the other?
Truck
Final-Fan
Transgentspree

I think there is at least 1 human between those 3, the reason is that I highly doubt that all the human were stupid to do thing that could grab the attention of the town there should be at least 1 that acts "normal" (If not, well.. you humans are dumb )

From those 3 my main suspect would be trangentspree because
The lie detector thing, It's his second game and he hasn't played in a game in which a lie detector appears so I think that he's either the lie detector or just a human doing stuff to gain zombie's trust.

The majority thing, it might not been a big deal but for something that wasn't a big deal there was an unusual big discussion about it, and even if it wasn't his fault he contributed to it.

He's acting very similar to the last game. Last game he talked and argued a lot like in this game and he was anti-town

And that's all I can remember for now.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:
Er... anyhow...

I'm up for some discussin' tomorrow, since I probably won't be back on the PC. If we can't get anything after a while I (still not positive about lynching lurkers...) suggest we go for Falcon if he doesn't come back, or modkill, either one. In a game this small someone not posting at all has a bigger impact.
Also, dsister and nordlead both haven't posted for a while.

I have a headache, so I'm too lazy to make a big post summarizing everyone right now. >.<

It's Spring and I can't breath x___x

What do you want from me?

On topic: I believe your roleclaim

c03n3nj0 said:
If we can't get anything after a while I (still not positive about lynching lurkers...) suggest we go for Falcon if he doesn't come back, or modkill, either one. In a game this small someone not posting at all has a bigger impact.

Wait, you are not positive about lynching lurkers but you suggest getting one. And after you suggest getting one modkilled you say that in a small game not posting has bigger impact but that's lame because getting a modkill has a bigger impact than not posting

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Falcon095 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
If we can't get anything after a while I (still not positive about lynching lurkers...) suggest we go for Falcon if he doesn't come back, or modkill, either one. In a game this small someone not posting at all has a bigger impact.

Wait, you are not positive about lynching lurkers but you suggest getting one. And after you suggest getting one modkilled you say that in a small game not posting has bigger impact but that's lame because getting a modkill has a bigger impact than not posting

I said "If we can't get anything," so see yourself as the back-up plan.

And I disagree. If someone's not contributing in a small game like this it's much worse, as they make up a bigger percentage. At least with knowing their role we can get way more information. And modkills are way better than lynches. The town doesn't waste a lynch, and we can see that person's role immediately. 

Even if I'm not positive about lynching lurkers the small game changes that a bit. 

Anyways, you at least posted so it's not really gonna happen. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

ok, good the day is still going. My family has left back to home, and now I have time to play mafia again. I am reading to catch up and I'll post my thoughts later.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
trangentspree said:

I'm not sure you needed to rolecaim this early j0, Falcon is MIA (is anyone able to get in contact with him?) and from Nordlead's last post it seems that he doesn't have very strong suspicions of you. I would be interested in hearing from Nordlead about just what role he had you pegged as that would "prevent [you] from being human and acting the way [you are]" I myself had no intention of bringing the day to a close until we had heard something more from these two, or from Falcon at the very least. But you were at L-2 I suppose.

Anyway, so your roleclaim seems to make you a kind of Zombie Bodyguard? It's a role that strikes me as difficult to either prove or disprove. But I am interested in that you state you're unsure about whether the results are the same for night actions other than nightkills (your example being cop investigations.) Wouldn't your role PM make this clear to you, in whether it uses the word 'nightkill' specifically or 'night action' more generally?

This is just what springs to mind though. I'm not decided about whether I believe you or not right now.

[edit for typo]

I had him pegged as a protective role. Not that protective role, but close enough. This is more of a sacrificial role, or in other words he can keep someone important in the game so the "town" survives. I will say I'm not imparticularly shocked by this claim based on previous posting.

The reason for the confusion is this is also similar to another role we've used (which I've had in the past). The Body Snatcher would switch places with whoever he targets. So if A targets B and C snatches B, A targets C. If A targets C and C snatches B, then A targets B. While similar the description he gave is much closer to the bodyguard as you stated however I can see how some confusion can arise with these new titled roles. I myself always ask for clarification at the start of a game if there is any confusion, j0 wouldn't be the first person to post his role without knowing how it works.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

trangentspree said:

@ These are all good indicators that you are a human.

@ At the start of Day 2 you casually threw suspicion at myself, j0 and dsister for not joining the vote for Mario Day 1.  Now you're casually throwing suspicion at Falcon and Final-Fan for not voting him fast enough. That's 5 out of the 8 people left. The points themselves, as crude as they are, hold some truth but this is all very vague and unhelpful.

red - typically the scum like to jump on me and insist I'm crazy/scum, while the pro-town typically join in late or half believe it. I also didn't give any of those as reasons for trusting them, just reasons to not vote now.

blue - hey, I eliminated 2 out of 7 people in my scum hunting. Not to shabby if I say so myself. I have no problem going after people to get them talking. It's what makes them slip up just enough to catch on to them.

do you think the humans will re-kill me tonight?

Final-Fan said:
Well, I'm not saying this is the case (personally I'm not inclined to think so), but the "buddy system" is in fact a tried and true mafia tactic. (@ trangent defending you in particular)

If, as you suggest, the humans were all trying for no lynch, it's of interest to note that the three people who voted No Lynch did so very close to one another (within 6 hours). But it's kind of a stretch to suppose that SAK is a human who has now gone after both his fellow humans -- although it's been done before , it's not too likely IMO given the way the j0 vote was just pulled out of his ass.

I'm aware the buddy system is a tried and true mafia tactic, however, it also throws someone off their suscpiciouns, but why me is another question that I haven't answered yet.

please explain the bold, as you either typed the wrong name, or I'm not seeing something as trangent is more of the guy who is semi-strongly suggesting that I'm human, while I'm slightly implying that he is human.

Ooh! Do me! Do me!

dsister44 said:
c03n3nj0 said:
Er... anyhow...

I'm up for some discussin' tomorrow, since I probably won't be back on the PC. If we can't get anything after a while I (still not positive about lynching lurkers...) suggest we go for Falcon if he doesn't come back, or modkill, either one. In a game this small someone not posting at all has a bigger impact.
Also, dsister and nordlead both haven't posted for a while.

I have a headache, so I'm too lazy to make a big post summarizing everyone right now. >.<

It's Spring and I can't breath x___x

What do you want from me?

On topic: I believe your roleclaim

you have lame excuses. At least I had 4 generations of family all in one place.

(i hope you are happy now)