By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

nordlead said:

As for SAK, my only reason for not voting him for being lazy, saying sorry, and only sorta voting j0 because Tangent said we (j0 & me) both can't be human, is because he is defending me and I'm a zombie. Now, this would only gain the trust of me and not the rest of the town, so I really don't get why he is doing it. Also, SAK made a comment asking if humans had a limited number of night kills. This right here really makes me think he is just a confused and brain dead zombie (no offense, zombies are dumb )

While j0 didn't vote for me, there is one role that I could see him having that would prevent him from being human and acting the way he is. Now, what I also find odd, is that Mario didn't vote for me, when he really should have in a last ditch effort to keep himself from getting lynched. Even if he did get lynched it would provide cover for me if I were a human. Now, this again leads me to believe that the humans were really pushing for a no lynch, which then falls back on j0 as he voted no lynch. But again, another person defending me (or, just not voting me)

finally, mid/late voters (Falcon095, Final-Fan) for Mario are always suspect, as that is typically when scum jump on the bandwagon.
But again, Falcon said having me day 2 would be better than having Mario unless Mario has a power role.

So, you can see why I'm sorta confused about my biggest suspects, as they all defended me yet I'm a zombie. If they are human then they would know I'm a zombie and maybe they are trying to get on my good side, but that is only 1 person, not the whole group.

Also, as usual, I'm very suspicious of anyone who votes for me. It's just my nature, so yea

@ These are all good indicators that you are a human.

@ At the start of Day 2 you casually threw suspicion at myself, j0 and dsister for not joining the vote for Mario Day 1.  Now you're casually throwing suspicion at Falcon and Final-Fan for not voting him fast enough. That's 5 out of the 8 people left. The points themselves, as crude as they are, hold some truth but this is all very vague and unhelpful.

Around the Network
nordlead said:

I clarified why I voted. If a human says "I'm human" there is no reason to wait. If a zombie says "I'm human" then I have no problem punishing poor play. Besides the fact that there really wasn't much to discuss there at all.

Also, the day doesn't end until a majority is reached, WoW decides to end the day due to it moving nowhere or some deadline is reached with no conclusion. I've never seen a day ninjastriked dead just because everyone voted and no conclusion has been made yet. (unless there has been a change to how things work on this forum in the last game)

Well it was a little more complicated than that for starters. And I remember the reasons you gave for voting him. This is all well and good, but I've already said I didn't like how abrupt you were about it seeing as the town had clearly started to turn on Mario and wanted explanations from him, and how you seemed to want to get the day over with as quickly as possible.

@ And like I said, had I voted 'no lynch' there would have been a majority.

I would appreciate if someone else would chime in and say whether WoW would have gone with the majority vote even if it was below the L-5 requirement? I'm a little confused about this now since Nordlead's post.

c03n3nj0 said:

I haven't posted because of school and homework....

But anyways, I feel like Fina-Fan's chart backs up what I said quite nicely. There's nothing on it that really contradicts any of my reasonings.

Trangent's chart, I mean. 

I'd like to see a more fuller explanation of this, if you would be so kind.

SuperAdrianK said:

I'm going to read the thread again, I seem to have mistaken something when I voted for jo...

@at falcon I'm not sure how I'm confusing you...

EDIT: I meant final-fan....

I'm interested in knowing what this mistake could have been.

Also can Truck and Falcon report in for duty please.

I want to hear an update on your suspicions, and your thoughts on Nordlead/j0/SuperAK whether they are among them or not.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Oh hey SAK, I noticed you said this back when you put the hammer on SM128:

"I'm sorry Mario."

Now it does cast doubt on your potential humanity that you put the hammer on a human, but his lynch did seem very likely at that point, so you might have done it to curry favor because it was inevitable anyway ... and you regretted that you were killing your fellow human.

Do people think I'm reading too much into this? I know some people like to throw out "I'm sorry" when voting to lynch -- is SAK one of these?

He has said that it wasn't fair that Supermario had been killed day 1 the last two games. So that could easily be why he said "I'm sorry"

trangentspree said:
nordlead said:
I clarified why I voted. If a human says "I'm human" there is no reason to wait. If a zombie says "I'm human" then I have no problem punishing poor play. Besides the fact that there really wasn't much to discuss there at all.

Also, the day doesn't end until a majority is reached, WoW decides to end the day due to it moving nowhere or some deadline is reached with no conclusion. I've never seen a day ninjastriked dead just because everyone voted and no conclusion has been made yet. (unless there has been a change to how things work on this forum in the last game) 

Well it was a little more complicated than that for starters. And I remember the reasons you gave for voting him. This is all well and good, but I've already said I didn't like how abrupt you were about it seeing as the town had clearly started to turn on Mario and wanted explanations from him, and how you seemed to want to get the day over with as quickly as possible.

@ And like I said, had I voted 'no lynch' there would have been a majority.

I would appreciate if someone else would chime in and say whether WoW would have gone with the majority vote even if it was below the L-5 requirement? I'm a little confused about this now since Nordlead's post.

@ It was stated earlier that you are factually incorrect on this:  that the No Lynch vote would have been still one shy of majority.  This meshes with my recollections, so evidence plz. 

As for whether WoW would end the day with the PLURALITY vote, probably not unless it was abundantly clear that the town was unable to reach a majority decision.  Which was far from being the case on that Day 1. 

On mods ending days in general without a majority vote:  it's kind of a judgment call, but few mods would absolutely refuse AFAIK.  Most, I think, would rather go with the plurality vote rather than forcing a No Lynch even though there's a plurality for one guy, and most would also agree that at SOME point the day just needs to end. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

trangentspree said:
c03n3nj0 said:

But anyways, I feel like Fina-Fan's chart backs up what I said quite nicely. There's nothing on it that really contradicts any of my reasonings.

There you go. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:

@ It was stated earlier that you are factually incorrect on this:  that the No Lynch vote would have been still one shy of majority.  This meshes with my recollections, so evidence plz. 

As for whether WoW would end the day with the PLURALITY vote, probably not unless it was abundantly clear that the town was unable to reach a majority decision.  Which was far from being the case on that Day 1. 

On mods ending days in general without a majority vote:  it's kind of a judgment call, but few mods would absolutely refuse AFAIK.  Most, I think, would rather go with the plurality vote rather than forcing a No Lynch even though there's a plurality for one guy, and most would also agree that at SOME point the day just needs to end. 

Words Of Wisdom said:

Vote Count

supermario128 - nordlead, TruckOSaurus, Falcon095 (L-2)
nordlead - Final-Fan (L-4)
No Lynch - supermario128, SuperAdrianK, c03n3nj0 (L-2)

Not voting - dsister44, trangentspree

With 9 alive, 5 votes are required to lynch.

(table will be posted at the start of each day)

This was the chart before I cast my vote, as Nordlead already pointed out. Explain to me how my voting 'no lynch' at this stage would not have created a majority for the 'no lynch' voters.

Final-Fan said:
trangentspree said:
c03n3nj0 said:

There you go. 

What?

I want to hear how my chart backs up what he's said quite nicely, I don't care about the typo.