By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX Live points are same as Disney money! Dony buy em!

I'm a bit older than most on here so im new to the xbox.  Being as the xbox is geared toward brain dead 1st person shooter guy, I never really wanted one until the recent release of Magna Carta 2, Risen, ME2, and Divinity.  But what really made me buy one is Splinter Cell Conviction.

I also saw that Microsoft is trying to use this "points as money" not just on XBL but all over the internet.  I guess once it becomes well placed it can be a handy tool for internet purchases.

But what I noticed is that I bought 2500 points to get the new XBL Toy Soldiers and other stuff.  But before clicking the buy button I decided to look around.  Seeing some games under the "Games on Demand" tab, I decided to check out the 1st Mass Effect since I never played it, but am playing ME2.  But I saw that it can only be purchased with a credit card of 19.99  Not with any points. 

I thought points were the whole ideal of XBL!!??

As Disney did once back in the day.  They made "Disney Money"  Spend real money to buy fun colored Disney theme money bills to spend in the park.  The only thing was every store in the park had signs that said "Disney money not accepted here"  BIg law suite later and they had to stop that practice.

Glad I spend most of my time on the PSN.  Better people, better network, better price to play online.

OK Microsoft you got me once, haha, but you wont get me a 2nd time! Proud XBOX 360 SILVER member

Around the Network

As someone who spends most of his time on Xbox Live, I'm glad you spend most of your time on the PSN, too! Your happiness means the world to me........

You are right about the MS Points, though. They need to be done away with.

"Being as the xbox is geared toward brain dead 1st person shooter guy" 

Didnt Sony publish more shooting games than them? Fail

Do the MS points suck ass? Yes.. Yes they DO!

Points are a rip off and a waste of money IMO.

Whats the problem? As you pointed out Games on Demand is the only thing on Xbox Live where you cant use Microsoft Points. What are you complaining about?

"But I saw that it can only be purchased with a credit card of 19.99 Not with any points. "

Um that's not true at all. You can pay $19.99 with a CC, or use the point total. In that case 1600 points

Around the Network

Edit:

nevermind

Points are awesome, I bought 5000 ponts for 23 dollars.

Also, MS points are great because you can find cards on the internet on sale. You'll never see that type of thing for PSN.

If you can't find out how to use points.. here

"You can change it to purchase with MS Points. On the Purchase Confirmation screen (the one that has the Confirm Purchase option, press Y to toggle between using Cash and using Points. "

As others have said, I get point cards on sale all the time.

No they don't.

I've gotten way too many sales on point cards (Usually buy them when they are 25%ish off) and I don't want to see that go away.

Points 4 life.

It's just that simple.