By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So does anyone still think the PS3 will sell under 8M?

i really like the predictions of john lucas. he always give good reasons and the best: he can accept when he was wrong!

i still remember the time when john lucas registered (march 2007) and i still enjoy every post from him :)

topic:
i think 7.5 millions is the maximum. it depends when the wii runs out of stock.

Around the Network

7.5 million for me. and if it does reach 8 million, it will just about make it. at the rate its going now, it wont reach 8 million.

if sales are consistent in japan, and rise past the 100k in the americas, then its wuite possible to reach 8 million in my opinion.

Well the PS3 is currently sitting at 5.93m and there is 6/7 weeks of sales left before the end of the year. Using current sales figures as a standard as we do not expect the weekly figures to go down the closer it gets to Xmas, it's more likely to significantly to go up...so at the moment, the PS3 is selling 87k in NA, 80k in OR and 63k in JP. There are 7 weeks of sales figures remaining in JP and only 6 in OR and NA. Using these figures, the PS3 should sell at least 1.44m by the end of the year. Which means that it should sell at least 7.37m

Being realistic though, the sales should go up significantly. I expect the NA numbers to break 100k easily for a few weeks and this should happen in OR as well. We may very well see sales push to to close to 90k in JP as well.

I personally expect the sales to be this:

JP - 441k-600k
OR - 480-700k
NA - 522-800k

So selling anywhere from 1.44m to 2.1m over the next 6/7 weeks.

So 7.37m to 8.03m

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

HappySqurriel said:
theshoe23 said:
Oh my God, this site is insane! I can't keep quiet any more. First off, the PS3 is selling very, very well now. Granted it will take a great deal more sales for it to catch up, but it is not out of the question. Secondly, I have to read John Lucas' holier than thou, pretentious babbling about the Wii being the second coming (I even had to read it on Kotaku). Seriously, I know this is a sales site but it you don't like a console DON'T BUY IT!!!!! Starcraft why don't you just stop, just STOP creating negative PS3 threads just because you can. Also, call me a Sony fanboy all you want, but I have a Wii, a 360 and a PS3 and I play and enjoy all of them. But seriously, think for a moment about how you would feel if you were not a Sony fanboy, but you enjoyed the last part of the PS2 era and you bought a PS3, would you really like people talking shit about your console all the time? I was NOT one of those people that gave Gamecube or Xbox owners a hard time last gen and I would appreciate if those bashing would stop acting like a lack of PS3 sales gives you a boner.

Saying "the PS3 is selling very, very well now" is obviously questionable being that it is not selling (much) more than any of its competition on a regular basis, but beyond that it will be difficult to tell whether its sales improvements were long term simply because of the holiday season.

Anyways, most of the rest of your post is just a childish rant ... if you don't agree with someone's post why don't you post a well though out argument against it rather than bash the user in another thread?

Childish rant, an argument against it?  You don't seem to understand that person like me (a PS3 OWNER not fanboy)  is like a republican lost in the democratic national convention (or the other way around).  I bashed no one, I told the truth about the way several people normally react on threads on this site.  How do you post an argument to what is tannamount to "Well Golly Gee, Game X is delayed on PS3 (LOLOLOLOLOLZ)"  because that is what many anti-PS3 thread titles are like.  Also, I want to make it clear I don't have anything against John Lucas, but come on, isn't it a little pretentious when there are threads like "User X and John Lucas talk about Wii sales".  Anyway I'm late for work.

well if the PS3 sells aswell as it did this week for the next five weeks, it will be on 8.02. So without more christmas boosts it will still cross 8M.

Around the Network

now I have no shred of doubt that my predictions for all 3 will be very accurate

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

yeah I am starting to think 9M for the PS3 is not to far-fetched.

darthdevidem said:
now I have no shred of doubt that my predictions for all 3 will be very accurate

Not for the 360. If it had no more boosts it would end up at 15.6 million.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@tombi123

lets not go over the top

But the FUNNY thing is

ANOTHER FALSE John Lucas prediction

I think he's lost it now....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

@NJ5

yes, EVERYONe under-estimated the 360 though.....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million