By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So i ordered this PC... is it any good? :P

Hey guys, i just ordered a new PC (gotta love X'mas) and i have no idea if it's any good, if it can play new games etc. All i know is that it's better than the one i own (since even Prince of Persia 3 has frame rate drops)

So here are the specs:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-N650SLI-DS4
CPU: Intel Code2Quad 2.4Ghz 8MB BOX
GPU: Nvidia GF8600GT 512MB x 2 connected via SLI
RAM: DDR2 2048MB 667MHz
HDD: 500GB SATA II

I SO hope i din't bought garbage again, so... thoughts? Is it good? Is it bad? :P 

Around the Network

Looks good to me, better than the old rig I've got running (if I had the money I'd invest in a few upgrades...), and my system can run COD4, bioshock and the like on lower settings, so I'm sure yours will be able to handle the current gen of PC games fine.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

1299 Euros. It's fairly cheap :D

Edit: Also i already have 1 Gb of ram that i don't use so that makes it 3Gb.

How much you paid for it? Depending on the cost, I'll tell you if it's good or not :P

The weak parts are the RAM: 667 Mhz, there are faster; and the videocards: try to get a 8800GT if you can afford it.

EDIT: Ahhh, 1300 Euro? If it's the computer only (no monitor) then it's kinda bad... but I don't know how the prices are going in Europe. If it includes a LCD 17"+ screen, then it's great.

I don't like the look of that Intel chip, but damned if you don't have a lot of ram and HDD space. (at least compared to me)

Around the Network
fazz said:
How much you paid for it? Depending on the cost, I'll tell you if it's good or not :P

The weak parts are the RAM: 667 Mhz, there are faster; and the videocards: try to get a 8800GT if you can afford it.

Yeah i guess i'll need some RAM, i already have 1 more GB but i don't know the speed, about the 8800GT though there's no way i can afford it as i also got a motorcycle =/

Soriku said:
gamingdevil said:
1299 Euros. It's fairly cheap :D

:O Cheap! Lucky.

Also, it's even cheaper when you consider it comes with a 19" screen =D

Now keep in mind that there will be some in this topic that will tell you there is better stuff out there, and they are right there is, but what you're getting is really good, and is plenty to play the PC games that are out now, and will be coming out in the future for a while yet.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I mostly care about Gears of War, (I guess Crysis won't be playable =P) maybe UT3 (on low i guess) and that's about it.

Don't kill me if my expectations are very high i have no clue about PC games and their requirements =P

No, you should be able to play UT3 and Crysis just fine, though I'm not sure what settings, but you should definately meet the requirements.

Is Crysis Vista only though?