By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War 3 Ending (Bumped)

Alright, I just beat the game and im still shaking. Please help me understand the below =

Did Kratos die? You see his blood lead off a cliff, explain!

Are all the god damn gods dead? Including Athena?

What the fuck was Pandoras box good for? Pandora threw herself in the flames and nothing was in it. And what Athena said, was it true? When the box was opend in the first game, did all the gods go emo due to fear? Was the blue flames on Kratos hands and eyes ..Hope?

Why the fuck did Athena want the hope, the world is a mess. Kratos did the right thing by sending it out. IT WAS THE HOPE HE SENT, RIGHT?

WHAT THE FUCK was the black and red thing where Kratos runs around and pretty much sees his entire life again. At first I was like Oh shit, Kratos is in HELL. But then he woke up and raped Zeus. So  is it what people call: Seeing your life flash before you right when you're about to die? I really thought the big "ghost" zeus raped him when he got the choke on him and my life depleted. I guess not.

I LOVED the raping Zeus for 30 minutes with the screen filled with blood.
I was like OH YEAH BABY WE'RE GONNA SLICE ATHENA NOW TOO! And ....BAM. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So once again

1: Did Kratos die? You see his blood lead off a cliff, explain!

2: Are all the god damn gods dead? Including Athena?

3: When the box was opend in the first game, did all the gods go emo due to fear? Was the blue flames on Kratos hands and eyes ..Hope?

4: WHAT THE FUCK was the black and red thing where Kratos runs around and pretty much sees his entire life again.

5: Will there be a new God of War that continues on the story of KRATOS? If not, will there be a new God of War involving maybe his brother / someone else? I mean the world is fucked up now, it doesnt feel like GoW the Kratos story ended, it feels like GOD OF WAR ended.

Around the Network

BUMP!

No one completed the game yet or something?

1. Kratos died
2. Athena is alive and I also think Aphrodite might be also
3. In pandora box there was all the evil inside also Athena also put good in it. When opened all the evil went to the Gods and the good went to Kratos.
4. The black and red scene is most likely suppose to represent Kratos's mind.
5. This is the end of God of War. Not sure who is left to make another one.

Just want to play good games

1 - I like to think he died by the olympus blade and ravens / wolves dragged his body away for feeding :P
2 - Kratos killed most of them. Only Apollo and Artemis I think (and maybe Aphrodite) weren't directly killed by him, but maybe the titans took them out for it's implied they are dead. Athena was a spirit already, right? She was kinda alive, but she died...
3 - Don't know. That's one of the plotholes to me. BTW the blue flames should be hope, for that's all that was left for Kratos. The ending fits more Link than Kratos, but whatever.
4 - Zeus evil psychological dream spell?
5 - I won't count any GOW1 extra as canon. Cronos was supposed to be dead in that desert with the temple in his back and Kratos to preside over all wars in the olympus.

1.we dont know for sure, i mean he has died before and come back
2.not all gods are dead, athena is dead btw(she is a spirit on a higher plain of existence) some lesser gods are alive(Aphrodite)
3.fear was releases in GOW1 to the world, when kratos opened the box he recieved what athena added to the box,hope. think of hope as a weapon againt fear(the gods)
4.black/red scene represents the struggle in kratos's mind for forgiveness and vengence.
5.dunno, could do a prequel like when he commanded the spartan army or something, but GOW4 i dont think will come.

when kratos "died" he released hope unto the world so that the people could live without the gods and without fear, thus ending greek mythology in essence.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure Kratos is dead now. There's no powers left to heal his re opened Blade of Olympus wound.

Yes the blue flame was hope. After Zeus filled Pandora's Box with the evil power to topple a god, she feared what would happen if it was ever opened. Thus she countered it with the spell of pure hope. That's where the girl comes from. She's the constantly burning flame of hope.

The actual Pandora's Box was already opened in the first game, but Kratos was told to persue the flame of Olympus. (Hope). Kratos thought the flame was a new power he hadn't possessed yet. But it wasn't a traditional weapon and it wasn't in the box.

He didn't know it til the end, but his rage, vengeance and pain were countered by the hope that was locked inside and drove him to never give in to anyone.

(I was completely shocked at the ending and it made me love Kratos even more)

Kratos seriously became one of the most awesome characters after GoW 3.

Thanks for the answers guys, how could I forget Aphrodite. I spent like an hour litterarly in her chamber and having some fun XD.

Aldro said:
Kratos seriously became one of the most awesome characters after GoW 3.

Thanks for the answers guys, how could I forget Aphrodite. I spent like an hour litterarly in her chamber and having some fun XD.

True, but with the worsened conditions of the world with each god he killed and since he released hope throughout the world, I'm wondering if there are any gods left or if they'd even be relevant to the mortals anymore.

God I wish there was a way to play the boss battles without having to load saves and going through some minor stuff and not having low HP / bad weapons.

I have another question!

-What was the thing about an epilouge? I heard they removed one and that it might come back as a DLC later. Anyone can confirm?

Kratos is not dead, that's obvious, all the other gods are dead except for Athena, she is alive in spirit form. Apparently even in spirit form gods can be killed as we saw when Kratos finally killed zeus. I think there will be an epilogue DLC on PSN in the coming months showing what happened to Kratos after the credits rolled in

Athena had put Hope ( the ultimate weapon because it can over come Fear) into the Pandora box , Zeus had put all the evils in the world into the box, when kratos opened it in GOW1 he received Hope and all the other gods received Fear.

Kratos killed himself because he wanted mankind to receive Hope so that they may carry on looking forward to a better day, because only Hope will guide them through the chaos that came about during the war between kratos and the gods, and because he also finally forgave himself for what he had done to his family he realized that it was time to lay everything to rest.

The end.