By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tetsuya Nomura's interview by Square Enix' twitter (Versus XIII, Dissidia)

http://twitter.com/SQEX_MEMBERS_JP

http://blog.livedoor.jp/htmk73/archives/2902769.html

interesting interview, basically being asked about versus' progress, he answered many parts are still not connected yet, the progress speed of each parts are different, but you can fly to the world map by airship now. Then he was asked about his favorite char that he made, he said Sora. Asked about the next Dissidia, he answered he'll do his best for the sequel (ganbarimasu!!), asked about when he'd consider to quit, he said he doesn't have projected age to quit. Asked about the games he's playing currently, he said he just finished battlefield 2 and started playing heavy rain.

Currently Playing: Devil Survivor 2 (NDS)

Around the Network

Versus has a World map? O_o

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

lol...should be good news right?

Euphoria14 said:

My thoughts too, considering it was said Versus will be story-driven like FFXIII not too long ago.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
Euphoria14 said:

My thoughts too, considering it was said Versus will be story-driven like FFXIII not too long ago.

Yeah but that doesn't mean it will be as linear as FFXIII is. FFVII, VIII and IX were story driven and they had World Maps.

I am just shocked because I didn't expect a world map.

I am just hoping it isn't a FFX style "world map" and hope that it is more of a FFVII-IX world map. If so I will go

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Story driven means that you would follow a linear story, not like Oblivion where you can whatever you want from the getgo. Final Fantasy VII was story driven and linear, things opened up as you progressed. Just because it's story driven, doesn't mean you can't have a world map.

Soriku said:
huaxiong90 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Being story driven doesn't mean it doesn't have a world map :) They confirmed a world map a long time ago. Nomura already said Versus will be more like a traditional FF than FF XIII.

Well, them comparing it to FFXIII made me worry.

LOL, 3 replies at once saying the same thing??

I really must be ignorant.

Still any word on how the battle system works in this game?

Currently playing:

^
Nope, I'm curious as well....