By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Molyneux praises Heavy Rain..

Hmm, although I guess it's nice he isn't splurting out bull**** this time, but if you ask me, it seems he's only praising it because he'd expected it to flop, but sales wise it's doing pretty good, my reasoning for this is because of the last paragraph stating he only played it for 90 minutes and it felt as if he was being emotionally beaten.

Now, if you ask me, it seems he played it for a while, thought "Not bad but it's nothing like they were making it out to be, I've played better", but then checked the sales and was like "Dayum, people actually BUY this?!... NEW?!", and then made these statements.

But I don't know, maybe I just think like that because of the things he's said and done in the past, meh.

Around the Network

+1239824318092203^1673292*132723 respect
/ respect

Makes a nice change tbh, hate it when competitors act like little kids in the yard and do nothing but throw mud. Though I take what P.Molyneux says with a pinch of salt, he changes his opinion like the wind.

-1 Respect
= 19 Respect (N/I whatever number the last post was)

Everything PM says gets on my nerves for whatever reason. (Love Fable 2 though.)

massiso said:

I recommend anyone who wants to start to see the first glimpses of the future of video games to go out and buy it. There's no question in my mind that games like Heavy Rain – games that have a new fidelity in the way that they present their experiences; obviously made with cinematography and motion capture in mind – can really show the way forward to a new form of entertainment, which is evolving the story and choices and consequences.

I sure hope not. With all good stuff this game had achieved why would an average consumer play this instead of getting one of the dozens thrillers out there on DVD, which costs like ten times cheaper and lasts couple of hours instead of ten. This ain't going mainstream, though big addition to (whatever some of you may say) adventure genre. I still believe future games would stick to game qualities that made them games in the first place thus valuable to consumer compared to other forms of entertainment, rather than accepting movie-like qualities they'll never match.

Around the Network

Isn`t this like a PR nightmare for Microsoft? A person of high stature within their games division telling people to go buy HR (which is like indirectly telling people to buy a PS3 to play HR if they haven`t got a PS3 already). Microsoft ain`t going to do anything to Molyneux though and he knows that. The millions Microsoft earns from Molyneux`s games and creative direction more than makes up for the added publicity that Heavy Rain (and in turn, the PS3) gets.

I think Quantic and Sony are going to have a wonderful relationship. This game is gonna kill Indigo Prophecy in everywya

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

He is so dramatic tho :D but yeah good to hear even the rivals approve the experience

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

CGI-Quality said:
+20 Respect - Yeah, do math boys!

OT: Although it's nice to see this, it's not too shocking. Molyneux is a man known for extreme creativity and innovation, so him hoping on this type of project just reinforces that fact.

Btw, look at HEAVY RAIN's numbers. I say don't sweat sales, but it is doing FAR better than expected. 850,000+ after 3 weeks!

yep and I'm pretty sure it will have long legs cuz of the unique experience it gives. It will definately be over a million next week. Now it might be over 2mil by the end of the year and I couldn't be more happy for it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

no + respect from me, because each Fable game he releases praises its going to change the way we look at games and in the end the game is just like another game with a dog or some other gimmick

not that i hate the series, Fable is one of my favorite serieses , its just peter promises too much and deliver so little.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.