By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Next GEN plan

Ok Now that I know that there could be a next gen with

*Better Graphics and all that crap(what about gameplay...)

Do you think that sony's next gen plan is going to be to have FF7 at launch?

I mean wasnt there a thread for...Next gen Employment and guess whats the job ICON?CLOUD!!!

sorry if im a little off(Im sick)

Around the Network

sony probably won't go expensive again, they will focus on securing engines and centralization of the services much like apple did with ipad/iphone/ipod

sony going to do it with ALL their business, inc playstation, something that microsoft/apple won't like,

ps14 will only be part of it, ps3 will be still be selling for a while, they it's going to be a deeper int of ps.move features, likely with the XMB and voice recognition.

they got a strong first party also don't forget that, they don't depend on third parties, while they secure a version on their system they will outsell microsoft console, especially in japan.

First off, I think this generation will be quick for both Sony and Microsoft. They have no more aces up their sleeves (save maybe GT5) and the software has not driven the hardware in the long term, only price cuts have helped in the regard. After Move fails, and it probably will, expect the next system between 2011 and 2012.

I think Sony will be moving up market with the PS4. It's goal is going to try and push better graphics and sound as well as 3D, which they will see as the wave of the future. It wont do as much as the PS3 will and be Sony's Gamecube.

I think sony will do everything it canto get money back on te ps3 first. Im guessing next gen wont start until 2012 at the earliiest. but i actually think it will start in 2014 or 2016 when ultra hd will debut

sony said it will have a 10 year lifespan, which would be 2016, but like with the ps2 they will probably come out with the next system a couple years earlier, my guess is 2014. MS will probably put out another one in 2012 or 2013 at the latest, same with nintendo

i will always stay cold

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:
I think sony will do everything it canto get money back on te ps3 first. Im guessing next gen wont start until 2012 at the earliiest. but i actually think it will start in 2014 or 2016 when ultra hd will debut

the next real resolution that looks to be used for TVs "Ultra High Definition" most likely to be known as "Super Hi-Vision" (7,680 × 4,320 pixels) won't be available for another 10 years. Some manufacturers are looking at making 2160p TVs but no (or very little) content will be put out at that resolution. Super Hi-Vision is the next resolution planed for content delivery and creation. consumers that are still not moving to HD are not likely to be tempted by more expensive TVs with even less content and a smaller perceived jump in quality, a lot of people can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p with standard viewing distances on TVs smaller than 40in (and some even larger) not to mention that a lot of broadcasting around the world isn't 1080p or even 1080i, the cost of 1080p infrastructure is in the millions whether it's high bandwidth fiber or satellites or even terrestrial radio towers. and to further slow super high resolution displays digital distribution content isusually sub HD or heavily compressed, and people have shown with music and mp3s quality is not always consumers primary concern.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I don't think they have a plan yet. They need to recover of the losses first and find a suitable positioning next. Offering a blu-ray compatibility hasn't been a positionning as efficient as predicted (rather counter productive i would say). MS's Live or Nintendo's motion sensing have proved much more successful. They'll have to come up with something different than "multi-media station 4".

My bet is that their next launch line up will be awesome (as opposed to that of the PS2 and PS3). If there is one thing that keeps the playstation community alive its' the exclusives and that's pretty much Sony's main strenght right now. If they're smart they'll exploit that from the beginning.

PS4: $1200 When it comes out, they will tell you to work ten jobs , they Will pay you to play PSN ( yes beat that XBOXLIVE!) Developers wont be able to even put games on it because its so difficult, It Will Be only Slightly Stronger then the 720 and wont Play PS3 or PS1 games just PS2 games. Will have Black-Ray Disc And Instant Games, 300000p super Ultra HD, Games like God of war 4 Unheardof 5 and MGS5 Will Really Save it, By the end of the gen you will be able to get on For Super Cheap, $699.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

They probably plan to be the market leader again.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

some big exclusives for FIRST TWO years.

MGS

Gran turismo

Final Fantasy(Square will go back to the PS only)

LBP

GOW

TEKKEN

GTA