By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Godfather Sales (The Wii Factor)

your mother said:

Alacrist, let me tell you about my experience with Blackhand:

I am one of those seasoned/veteran gamers that, prior to the Wii, would laugh at "noob" gamers who move their bodies and controllers everywhere thinking that would help the on-screen character move around in the game.

Even with the Wii, I don't lose control and flail my arms around. Nope, not even in boxing (anymore!).

Blackhand, in one fell swoop, changed all that, and my initial doubts about the Wii's lack of responsiveness, forever.

I lost control of myself, and found myself wanting to bash the &%#$ out of whoever it was I was beating up with that baseball bat. I wanted to hurt that guy real good.

I was, frankly, lucky to have used the remote strap (something I would've swore I would NEVER have needed before), because after just 10 minutes in the game, my Wii remote flew out of my hands, the battery pack came off and the Nunchuk cable slapped me in the face after being yanked out of the Wii remote. It could've been much worse: A destroyed LCD.

I have, in over 30 years of gaming, never had this amount of immersiveness and fun from beating the crapola out of someone. Count me thoroughly impressed. I haven't had this much fun in a fighting game since... well, ever!

This is gameplay you must try yourself. Seriously. If you can overlook the rather poor graphics (easy thing to do with the control scheme) you are in for one helluva treat.

Well, I will be playing this first as soon as I get my Wii back! Hearing how good it is makes me mad that I can't play it even though I have bought it!

Around the Network

Wow, everyone seems *really* positive about this! I never ever considered it...

That YouTube movie does look pretty cool as well. If I can get this cheaply, I'll get it :) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I've been playing it heaps too...

I feel exactly the same way about Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2.  I could play that game forever I reckon.  Graphics aren't fantastic, but every time I play it I just have SO much fun.  More than godfather, it feels awesome doing some of the Dragon Ball Z moves... I get sweaty and tense playing that game.

I don't believe the Wii is about having exact motions and movements to make sure that the game feels okay, if it is SORT OF what you are supposed to do, while also keeping button combinations and buttons and 'video game' elements, it really brings some new stuff to the table.

Games like this and DBZ give me faith in the 'new way of playing' that is the Wii and that it isn't just a fad... I just can't wait to feel what some of the big Nintendo games are going to be like to play!

Mortal Kombat Armaggeddon, Scarface, Godfather, DBZ they are all going in the right direction and are what is REALLY showing me what the fun of the Wii is ALLLLL about!

My feeling towards the Wii has picked up considerably in this last week. 

Do any of you think this could become a problem for the Wii, the fact that this game feels so real?

Alacrist said:
Do any of you think this could become a problem for the Wii, the fact that this game feels so real?

That'd be a switch. Controversy over the violent nature of Nintendo. "Nintendo is corrupting our children! You should buy them safe, family friendly systems like the PS3 and leave Nintendo to the hardcore gamer!"

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
Alacrist said:

That'd be a switch. Controversy over the violent nature of Nintendo. "Nintendo is corrupting our children! You should buy them safe, family friendly systems like the PS3 and leave Nintendo to the hardcore gamer!"

don't provokate the sony fans here 

Vienna said:
stof said:
Alacrist said:

don't provokate the sony fans here 

Even if this did happen, it wouldn't get the 360/PS3 more sales because they would say at least it doesn't look as real as the other ones, plus Mario is on that system. But I can see this as a problem.

I'm noticing with this game and as mentioned with some other titles the Wii controls has just made games fun to play. I can't stop playing this game. Normally I go in my basement after the kids and wife are asleep and play for 1/2 hour maybe 45min. but lately i'm down there an 1 1/2 hours it's crazy. Plus out of the blue I keep learning new things you can do in the game. Now that I'm making good money as an officer I've been trying to buy up safehouses. there is an aweful lot around the city. I know there has been alot of mention of shooting at cops, but I think it's twice as cool that you can bribe the cops and when you engage in a shootout with another mob the cops actually help you. You'll see them shooting and yell, "Don't worry we got your back." It's awesome.

this is the first time i've heart something about this game, and i already love it!, i think it'll be my second game after zelda.

PS:sorry for my bad english 

I'm not a fan of GTA type games usually, but I just rented Godfather on the Wii and it's a definite candidate for purchase.  Beating shop owners over the head with a baseball bat never felt so good .   I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually gets some complaints about realism.  I know you can do the same things in the other versions (smashing heads on tables, shooting out kneecaps, choking people) but mashing buttons can't match acting out the motions, in fun or therefore parents' complaints.  I didn't think the graphics were too impressive though, looked like GC with more particles, effects, and characters on screen to me.