By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Unknown Games

With the large amount of games that have been released across all platforms this generation, it is easy to see that amongst the flood of games a few gems are overshadowed by much larger releases. This thread is dedicated to finding these gems and sharing them amongst other members of Vg Chartz.

So I'd like to mention some games that I love, but others don't even know they exist.

Folklore                Platform: PS3

I think this is the most beautiful game on the PS3, it's art design and presentation is fantastic. It's an adventure game with RPG elements and it even let's you catch monsters and use them in battle (Pokemon style). The story is mysteries and the gameplay is interesting. I can't think of any other game to compare it to, only because of how unique it is.

The Darkness                     Platform:PS3/360

I got stuck in a rut 2 years ago, I started to hate FPS's. Then I came across The Darkness. If you like Bioshock, then this game should suit you just fine, it provides an interesting supernatural mafia tale and dark fantastic atmosphere which will grip you until you finish it's 15 hour long campaign. It's also probably pretty cheap by now and it's worth the $10 purchase.

Siren: Blood Curse                    Platform: PS3/PSN

As with a good horror book, this game must be played late at night, with your headphones on and in the dark. This is a real horror/survival game. It recognizes the fact that when you throw a few normal people into a supernatural situation, they aern't gonna pull out a shotgun, a cigarette and a molotov cocktail to defeat the ghoulies. This game made my heart speed up and stop on so many occassions because I'd be running from who know's what and if it catches me, then I'm screwed. When you do have to fight, you will have to make due with standard objects like a metal pole or a frying pan (you can find a gun later). The best thing about this game is a new gameplay element called sight jacking, which allows you to see through the eye's of the shibito (zombie guys) and other humans, it add's to the tense atmosphere.  Anyway, I could go on and on, but if you love games like Silent Hill, Fatal Frame and The Path then I highly recommend Siren: Blood Curse.

So, please share any gems which you think deserve to be played by many more people.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

I like the incentive, but ugh... you put Siren on your list... I hate that game with a passion >_>

Oh well, I suppose EndWar fits in here.

The game is a quite basic RTS, and doesn't do anything special in terms of RTS'ing. But it does have Voice Command, and it is phenomenal! It is absolutely brilliant to use! So if you see it for cheap and have a microphone, I can recommend getting it just to try it out (I think there's a demo too though.)

Enchanted Arms, amazing rpg just too difficult

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

hum ... Sirne blood curse

is it as good as you claim ?

why do rainbird hates it ?

Time to Work !

The controls are frustrating as hell. I was rarely scared because I was too busy being pissed at the controls and the camera.

Around the Network
libellule said:
hum ... Sirne blood curse

is it as good as you claim ?

why do rainbird hates it ?

It's a difficult game and it's incredibly niche in it's gameplay design, so not everyone's gonna like it. I personally loved it, I'd recomend watching a couple of reviews and gameplay videos before purchasing.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752