By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Grinder Not Coming Out For Wii Anymore???

The Grinder ya no saldra para Wii (The Grinder will no longer come out for the Wii)

(It's in Spanish so this is a translation)

"The Grinder, the new game from High Voltage Software will not have a Wii version, or at least to start, although the development team will not rule out making a version for Nintendo's console later.

Speaking to our special correspondent at the Games Developers Conference, Macarena Mey, responsible for American developer has confirmed that the game, which began as a Wii exclusive title, is now "for high definition." Additionally, the game has undergone a remarkable change of concept.

Now there is an action game in first person, but on third, and consider it a "spiritual successor" Hunter: The Reckoning, a title released in 2002 for the Xbox. The game's release has also been affected, and now don't wait to have it ready until late 2011, provided for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Wii version, in case it is made, would come later. We will keep you informed."

Source: http://www.vandal.net/noticia/45381/the-grinder-ya-no-saldra-para-wii/

I don't know if this is true or not but it better not be. If it is then this will be a big slap in the face to Wii owners.

UPDATE:

It turns out this rumor was wrong because:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7483

Matt Corso says ""High Voltage Software is not cheating its Wii fans, and we will keep providing quality content."

I guess this is a good sign....

Around the Network

Well if it's going to be a top-down shooter, might as well not make it, IMO.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Wow.. What dicks.

High Voltage Software just trolled us all.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I have a feeling there's something lost in translation here. If the Wii game is canned, why didn't they tell the IGN guys?

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

Yea, I didn't understand how this connected the pieces together. I hope it is a misunderstanding.

I bet this is fake but if its not LOL. Honestly no one on the HD consoles really cared about this game. They are screwing wii fans and their sales if they end up canceling the wii version

Long Live SHIO!

Err?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

fine the Wii dosn't want you anyway

Frankly I couldn't care less whether it is true or not, the only thing I am sorry of is that I bought The Conduit - it wasn't a bad game, but there are other games out there I haven't bought that are probably better and where my support would have actually helped.

If anything, they should cancel Gladiator AD/Tournamenet of Ages though (or "as well", depending on whether this is true or not), as that is going to be a huge flop.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin