By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Sunshine vs. Super Mario Galaxy: which game is better?

The worst mario was mario kart on the GBA.

mM
Around the Network

what about hoops? that was pretty bad

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

MARIO HOTEL GODDAMNED that one was the worst.

Ive nt played through SMG, but i wasnt a big fan of SMS. I found SMS too easy, and quite bland. It was different, ill give it that, no other mario game was really like it, but i found it wasnt their best work. Im not saying it was a bad game, it wasnt, it was good, but i didnt think it was great.

Maybe the difficulty thing is just due to the fact that im now a more experienced gamer. When i first played through SM64 i was only 9 or 10, and due to that it was very difficult, i never got past 100 stars (if i remember correctly); then when i went to play SMS i was expecting it to be similar and was very dissapointed as i finished it completely in a short period of time. Due to this, my view is probably biased, but leads me on to another question... How difficult is SMG?

The worse Mario game, main series, not Mario Tennis or cooking or whatever else he's doing on the side.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

The worse Mario game, main series, not Mario Tennis or cooking or whatever else he's doing on the side.

grandmaster192 said:
I would like to hear some opinions. What game do you guys think is better? Please, give me a real opinion. Don't just pick Galaxy because of review scores. Based on what you have played so far, what game is better out of the two? Super Mario Sunshine―the greatest 3d platformer of all-time―is the better game. First of, in my opinion, the level designs in sunshine where better than the ones in Galaxly. Furthermore, the game was more challenging, offering better boss fights and clever traps. The platforming in Sunshine was also more fun. Plus, the overall gameplay was alot deeper, as the controls where more complex and had more depth.

Joke post? I mean seriously, are you joking?

I'm not talking about visuals. I'm talking about the traps, platforming, ect.

The level design in Mario Galaxy is maybe the best in any game in years. Every level actually does something new and crazy. In Sunshine they were all derivative Mario 64 levels with added water gun use.

How far in Galaxy are you? Levels keep getting better and better. Try the Dark Matter Plant Bowser level or the Toy Galaxy you won't even believe the stuff they do.

fkusumot said:
grandmaster192 said:
I would like to hear some opinions. What game do you guys think is better? Please, give me a real opinion. Don't just pick Galaxy because of review scores. Based on what you have played so far, what game is better out of the two? Super Mario Sunshine―the greatest 3d platformer of all-time―is the better game. First of, in my opinion, the level designs in sunshine where better than the ones in Galaxly. Furthermore, the game was more challenging, offering better boss fights and clever traps. The platforming in Sunshine was also more fun. Plus, the overall gameplay was alot deeper, as the controls where more complex and had more depth.

thats exactly what i thought when i read that line.. i liked sunshine, however the my only criticism (besides the voice acting) was the repetitive levels.. they were all pretty much the same feeling