By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest X - PSWii Multiplat Gonna Happen?

Dragon Quest X - PSWii Multiplat Gonna Happen?

I'm not going to read the thread. 20 10.42%

Multiplat 43 22.40%

Not Multiplat 102 53.13%

Final Fantasy 7: Remake 27 14.06%

Total:192

I dont think Motion controls will play big part in DQ X, Wii's marketshare is the main reason behind this game being an exclusive, SE wanted the widest audience possible. And with such big franchise there must be some sort of agreement beetween SE and DQ preventing it from going multiplat.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
OT: Actually by that logic, if it were to go multiplat anywhere, the best solution from those pointers would be... DS.

More or less, there is a possibility the game could be multiplatform, even on PS3, but I think Nintendo has something invested in the series that we may not fully know yet. Similar to what they may have invested in Monster Hunter. I mean there is always the chance that Nintendo is just trying to help big 3rd party software sell, but it is more than likely that Nintendo has some kinda of monetary stake in helping out DQ IX and MH3 and eventually DQX.

BREAKING NEWS:

Nintendo buys 60% majority stock in both Square Enix and Capcom, bringing all IPs under their control. Titles include Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, Mega man, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, and the return of Bushido Blade and Chrono Break.

And Stone Cold Steve Austin returns to Wrestlemania, Oh my God what a night!!!! Japan is games.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Carl2291 said:

ISo... Did i miss any possible reasons? Am i being foolish? Post!

Yes you did. SE hasn't displayed the business decisions of a single company when it comes to their IP. SE has displayed that the IP's of the prior companies have determined such business decisions. Since SE or Enix is has DQ. This will likely result in the game being Nintendo exlusive. Enix has always said that there DQ games will always be on the biggest user base machine. The fact that DQIX went to the DS reinforces that Enix is in charge of it's own IP.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Khuutra said:
Boutros said:
I hope it will.

I'm actually still suprised they went with the Wii in the first place.

I would understand the choice if it was Kingdom Hearts 3 but Dragon Quest X? It just doesn't fit to me.

What part of Dragon Quest is more at home on the PS3 than the Wii?

I don't know...just a feeling (lol)

Maybe also the graphics I guess. Dragon Quest VIII was beautiful when it came out and I would like the same fate for Dragon Quest X.

I'm sure it will be awesome whatever console it's on though.

Boutros said:
Khuutra said:
Boutros said:
I hope it will.

I would understand the choice if it was Kingdom Hearts 3 but Dragon Quest X? It just doesn't fit to me.

Maybe also the graphics I guess. Dragon Quest VIII was beautiful when it came out and I would like the same fate for Dragon Quest X.

That's fair, but....

Did you see DQVII?

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Khuutra said:
Boutros said:
I hope it will.

But you need to remember, there was nothing special about Dragon Quest VIII being on a 'Sony' system.  It was on the 'weakest' system last gen.  The Wii isthe same thing this gen.  Its not the name on the console that determines the quality of the product.  They very well could make a product well beyond Dragon Quest VIII, since the Wii has the capabilities of going far beyond the PS2 in graphical processing power and WAY beyond in things such as textures and polygon count.

And considering Dragon Quest VIII was one of the best looking games on the PS2, and Dragon Quest IX is one of the best looking games on the DS, I expect great things graphically from Dragon Quest X.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Khuutra said:
Boutros said:
Khuutra said:
Boutros said:
I hope it will.

That's fair, but....

Did you see DQVII?

No.

But I just looked lol and yeah it was probably not awesome when it came out but I still like the look of it.

That's why I'm sure they can still do something very interesting with the Wii.

I played Dragon Quest Swords and I had nothing to say about the graphics. They were good enough actually.

So yeah as long as they keep an interesting art style.

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Boutros said:
Khuutra said:
Boutros said:
I hope it will.

But you need to remember, there was nothing special about Dragon Quest VIII being on a 'Sony' system.  It was on the 'weakest' system last gen.  The Wii isthe same thing this gen.  Its not the name on the console that determines the quality of the product.  They very well could make a product well beyond Dragon Quest VIII, since the Wii has the capabilities of going far beyond the PS2 in graphical processing power and WAY beyond in things such as textures and polygon count.

And considering Dragon Quest VIII was one of the best looking games on the PS2, and Dragon Quest IX is one of the best looking games on the DS, I expect great things graphically from Dragon Quest X.

Yeah I agree.

roccerfeller said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Train wreck said:
With reports that the PS Move is already inferior to the Wii mote (even though its still in beta) and the PS3's inability to move 3rd party software, especially games created by Square Enix, I am assuming that this will remain a Wii exclusive.

"especially games created by Square Enix"

how many games have been dev specially for the PS3 this gen by SQ,only FF13 and even that people are bashing to hell on both the systems.

(psst. same with the Wii.  SE efforts are all on the PSP, and much more on the DS)

psst. u missed the 360 has alot of SQ games too

nen-suer said:
Sony just needs to ask

Lmao.

On-topic: Who knows anything can happen.