By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GDC News Natal = Sh!t, Move not good and Wii 2 in 2012

I wonder if the PS Move is successful will Nintendo modify the Wii mote for the Wii 2 Wii HD or Super Wii

Around the Network

There still is 7 months till both Move and Natal are released, I'm sure both will work at least as good as the Wii remote. If they are as successful, no one knows for sure.

I liked the joke about releasing on time and fixing it later though, that's what Microsoft does best (Windows, Xbox 360).

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Im not interested in motion control tech, cause if I was I'd get a WII...But between Move and Natal....I'D Choose Natal

rocketpig said:
I don't know why but I'm more interested in Move than I am Natal. We'll see how they both pan out as their respective launches near.

Same here. Move could be used in so many ways with third party games ( RE5, and some third/first person shooters). Natal on the other hand is limited because you can't move characters ( I don't think ) so it can only do certain games. Price is a factor as well so l'm gonna wait for E3 to make my final decision.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

But i think developers should be a little more experienced right now in the motion controlled games tech because of the Wii, and from the videos and articles i´ve read so far, Move is very similar to the Wii mote, so...for me that is not an excuse to have crappy games.

Yes there is a 4 year lead on Wii development, but i don´t think that should be an excuse to developers as someone mentioned earlier.

And i know those are pre-alpha builds or whatever, but i don´t think it´s a smart move either to let people get their first impressions of a very hyped and anticipated product from very unfinished games.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Around the Network
cmeese47 said:
I wonder if the PS Move is successful will Nintendo modify the Wii mote for the Wii 2 Wii HD or Super Wii

They have planned from start of changing up thier next console. If you have read some of the interviews with Cammie, Iwata ,Reggie, etc they have al stated it would not just be a HD upgrade it would be much more. They want to keep pushing new ideas and ways of playing the games. What that will be remains to be seen at the moment.

If Natal cant pick up the color black does that mean goth kids cant play

I think if Natal and Move controllers worked as good as they are supposed to do, then Microsoft and Sony would had let "normal" people play with them by now. I believe they are far from ready, and that joke of "will launch it and patch it later" is extremely possible.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

dano said:
But i think developers should be a little more experienced right now in the motion controlled games tech because of the Wii, and from the videos and articles i´ve read so far, Move is very similar to the Wii mote, so...for me that is not an excuse to have crappy games.

Yes there is a 4 year lead on Wii development, but i don´t think that should be an excuse to developers as someone mentioned earlier.

And i know those are pre-alpha builds or whatever, but i don´t think it´s a smart move either to let people get their first impressions of a very hyped and anticipated product from very unfinished games.

the PSMove is similar in shape, but it's a different technology and the programming should be different too. Probably more complex and more difficult than the Wiimote.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Hmmm. . . I just, well, I read the article and it's so weird. I guess we like to hear about his swanky visits and unannounced games that are "awesome" but he can't tell us about them. I found the part where he talks about the sony-speak for mini-games things, augmented something or other and he says that it sold consoles for Nintendo 3 years ago, and how people HAD fun playing them. But, now his kids are going to have fun with them now, even though they played them 3 years ago? This is a crap article, and I hesitate to use the word "article" in association with this. . . thing. It seems like a "Lookamee! I know 'industry insydahs!' who sayz teh natalz is shit." Very very disappointing for a big website like IGN.