By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Faulty Play And Charge kit??

-edit-

nvm, linked worked the second time but not the first for some odd reason...

Around the Network

It did work! I was able to get full charge on my play and charge kit!
Here, I'll post instructions so you dont have to go to the other site:

[...]
Then by accident I stumbled uncross a method to get it charging again I think it just gets confused! First insert the play and charge kit a little way in just enough to make a contact but not enough to click into place - light goes red - when light goes green slide it out a bit so the green light on the play and charge kit goes out - The green light on the controller should stay on, count to 2 in you head then slide it back in again like before. As soon as the light goes green to tell you its charged slide it back out again I had to do this 3 - 4 times then as if by magic the light just stayed red and carried on charging, its still on now (been 20 minutes) and seams to be charging normally!
[...]

I actually could just plug it all the way in or out, also, I had to insist and try at least 7-10 times, but it worked!!

Good luck repairing your broken play and charge kits!

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

I've had 2 play and charge kits, both worked for awhile, but eventually it'd only work if I had it plugged in all the time

spartan004 said:
I've had 2 play and charge kits, both worked for awhile, but eventually it'd only work if I had it plugged in all the time

Seriously man! try the method I described! It did work for me, and for a lot of people in the link I posted yesterday!

Wow, this is more common than I thought, and the solution works! this should be on the xbox.com page... seriously

Around the Network

didnt work for me. I dont really care though. Got a sweet set of energizer batteries rechargables that give me ~15 hours of gameplay per charge.

i'm so high rightnow i had to edit what i wrote out either because it was stupid or because i suddenly felt paranoid

ps : help

I highly suggest this if you use more than 1 remote

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ch10chsmchwi1.html

however, as a notice, batteryjunction had a fire and is currently not taking any orders. I was going to buy new rechargeable batteries myself as all my energizer batteries died (they were like 3 years old) and now I'll have to find another source

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I can confirm that the removing the cord and replacing it again multiple times does work.

Just don't plug it in after removing it too quick.

It's interesting because I've never heard of this problem yet almost everyone I know owns a 360 and I have to assume most of those people have the plug and play charge kit since it's awesome (or I had thought it was).

I know my controller is starting to do funny things where I'll charge it but the guide lights start flashing at two bars left on the battery but I assume that's because the battery is old and has been recharged many times.

I'll have to try that removing the cord trick.