By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Splinter Cell Conviction. Gamersyde Preview!

aragod said:
priteshmodi said:
aragod said:
I was looking forward to play this game on my PC... well I'm not anymore since those Ubisoft pricks come up with that horrible DRM crap, way to loose customers.

I don't understand why people hate all this DRM on PC. As long as you bought the game it shouldn't be too much of a hassle right? And I don't know of anyone who still has dial up anymore so always being connected to the internet shouldn't be a problem, unless you're gaming on a laptop I suppose. I don't think the PC version supports the 360 controller (Double Agent didn't) so that's why I'll be getting it for 360. If it does, PC it is! Anyone know if it does?

Excuse me but... Do you realize there are people who are not online nonstop?

I can go for 2 weeks to our cottage to relax and let's say I take a notebook with me. I can't play that bloody game?

My provider cocks up for weekend. I can't play that bloody game?

Their servers are down. I can't play that bloody game?

and on and on... If they ever decide to stop it's support, you are screwed. That was the thing with PCs up until now, you could play game from any generation, be it 5, 10, 20 years old without any problem. You won't be able to do that now with their DRM system, no sir. It's insulting.

The only thing they've done is that they've forced me to pirate their games rather than buy them. Because if you pirate it, it works offline. Quiete a joke right?

Thanks for providing examples of why it sucks old bean. After writing what I did I actually thought about it and realized the mistakes in what I said. Sorry about that.

And it is quite the joke, but on the flip side there must be a reason they're investing so much into DRM. Having said that I'm not going to dig deeper into that topic as it normally explodes into a giant argument of piracy vs DRM (IE. the chicken or the egg).

Getting back on track; So how about that Sam Fischer....

Around the Network
priteshmodi said:
aragod said:
priteshmodi said:
aragod said:
I was looking forward to play this game on my PC... well I'm not anymore since those Ubisoft pricks come up with that horrible DRM crap, way to loose customers.

I don't understand why people hate all this DRM on PC. As long as you bought the game it shouldn't be too much of a hassle right? And I don't know of anyone who still has dial up anymore so always being connected to the internet shouldn't be a problem, unless you're gaming on a laptop I suppose. I don't think the PC version supports the 360 controller (Double Agent didn't) so that's why I'll be getting it for 360. If it does, PC it is! Anyone know if it does?

Excuse me but... Do you realize there are people who are not online nonstop?

I can go for 2 weeks to our cottage to relax and let's say I take a notebook with me. I can't play that bloody game?

My provider cocks up for weekend. I can't play that bloody game?

Their servers are down. I can't play that bloody game?

and on and on... If they ever decide to stop it's support, you are screwed. That was the thing with PCs up until now, you could play game from any generation, be it 5, 10, 20 years old without any problem. You won't be able to do that now with their DRM system, no sir. It's insulting.

The only thing they've done is that they've forced me to pirate their games rather than buy them. Because if you pirate it, it works offline. Quiete a joke right?

Thanks for providing examples of why it sucks old bean. After writing what I did I actually thought about it and realized the mistakes in what I said. Sorry about that.

And it is quite the joke, but on the flip side there must be a reason they're investing so much into DRM. Having said that I'm not going to dig deeper into that topic as it normally explodes into a giant argument of piracy vs DRM (IE. the chicken or the egg).

Getting back on track; So how about that Sam Fischer....

No worries, if I came out agressive than I'm sorry. But Ubisoft's forced on-line DRM just boils my blood.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising