By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why sony failed to deliver with the PS3

Andir said:
ckmlb said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Banprest3 said:
LOL R&C flop tour is causing some demage controll amoung sony fans eh

Fix'd.

The other guy got banned and you went ahead and did the same thing...

Yet... they remain unbanned.... how strange.

Maybe because they weren't bashing a precious wii.  ;)   I kid I kid.

And nofosu, I did read your post and it read exactly like 100 other threads that have had similar titles.

The PS3 has only been out for a year, and it's far to soon to label it as a failure.  Didn't the Gamecube get off to a good start but then ended up flopping badly?   Ask this question in 2-3 years and we can give you a solid "yes or no" answer.

Can we get a mod to close this thread? It's just another flame war thread and flame bait posted by the OP just to get a little fire started here.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network
jjseth said:
Andir said:
ckmlb said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Banprest3 said:
LOL R&C flop tour is causing some demage controll amoung sony fans eh

Fix'd.

The other guy got banned and you went ahead and did the same thing...

Yet... they remain unbanned.... how strange.

Maybe because they weren't bashing a precious wii.  ;)   I kid I kid.<--- Make this more readable instead of a white font.

And nofosu, I did read your post and it read exactly like 100 other threads that have had similar titles.

The PS3 has only been out for a year, and it's far to soon to label it as a failure.  Didn't the Gamecube get off to a good start but then ended up flopping badly?   Ask this question in 2-3 years and we can give you a solid "yes or no" answer.

Can we get a mod to close this thread? It's just another flame war thread and flame bait posted by the OP just to get a little fire started here.

This isn't a flamebait thread. He had a well thought out and unbiased post. Just because people flamed him doesn't mean it is flamebait. He wanted to have a civil discussion without people flaming the place. Unfortuantely that happened and his try at a civil thread got locked due to people in this thread flaming him.

There is a difference between flamebait and getting flamed.

EDIT: Also the GC never started well. It had launch then dropped off to <85K weekly. It had a seasonal boosts every now and then but was never started well. If you're trying to compare Wii and GC, your arguement is false.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Soriku... i mean Dtewi. I read that and it came across to me as a trash thread trashing the PS3. Maybe because you don't care for the PS3 you think it's fair and accurate because it's what you think is true as well.

Myself, I don't think it's true at all. Leo J said it best that the reason why sales haven't been higher is because of the Price of the console. Also, I'll add in that the normal for all consoles lack of high quality games in the first year hurt as well.

Your opinion of flamebait must be different then mine is. Posts like this normally go one direction. The OP and a few others lambast the PS3, those who enjoy the PS3 and like it defend it and show why his argument is FUD. OP comes back and says "Nuh uh, you didn't read what I wrote, you need to READ IT" even if people did read it and still think that it's a flame bait thread. I'm calling a duck a duck here.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

jjseth said:
Soriku... i mean Dtewi. I read that and it came across to me as a trash thread trashing the PS3. Maybe because you don't care for the PS3 you think it's fair and accurate because it's what you think is true as well.

Myself, I don't think it's true at all. Leo J said it best that the reason why sales haven't been higher is because of the Price of the console. Also, I'll add in that the normal for all consoles lack of high quality games in the first year hurt as well.

Your opinion of flamebait must be different then mine is. Posts like this normally go one direction. The OP and a few others lambast the PS3, those who enjoy the PS3 and like it defend it and show why his argument is FUD. OP comes back and says "Nuh uh, you didn't read what I wrote, you need to READ IT" even if people did read it and still think that it's a flame bait thread. I'm calling a duck a duck here.

Just find one little word in the OP that bashes the PS3. I did not find any because it is true. Also

"those who enjoy the PS3 and like it defend it and show why his argument is FUD"

You guys didn't give even have a well thought out arguement. All you said was "Price problem, Wii is last-gen, price is problem." Leo-j and Montana assumed there was bashing in the thread and leo-j said "Shut Da HeLL up!" without even having a well-thought out defense. You guys started the flaming in this thread, not the OP.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Also why you're at it find someone who had a good post countering the OP.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
jjseth said:

Well like i said earlier, i was not trying to bash th PS3, and if thats what you got from the post, then thats what you got. But there's proof right in wot u said that you did not read it, simply put. Price and blue ray(one of the most expensive parts of the PS3), were the rasons i stated, for it not selling well, nothing else, same thing leo-j said, only he was echoing what i said without even reading the post period!!!. My article is like a miror, if you come in to flame then even if you read it all you will see it as a flame post. You haven't even told me why you disagree , please just qoute a section of the thread, that you disagree with.

if you disagree fine, but don't just start insulting me (this is not just aimed at jjseth), thats not cool, this is supposed to be a friendly community!

nofosu said:
jjseth said:

Well like i said earlier, i was not trying to bash th PS3, and if thats what you got from the post, then thats what you got. But there's proof right in wot u said that you did not read it, simply put. Price and blue ray(one of the most expensive parts of the PS3), were the rasons i stated, for it not selling well, nothing else, same thing leo-j said, only he was echoing what i said without even reading the post period!!!. My article is like a miror, if you come in to flame then even if you read it all you will see it as a flame post. You haven't even told me why you disagree , please just qoute a section of the thread, that you disagree with.

if you disagree fine, but don't just start insulting me (this is not just aimed at jjseth), thats not cool, this is supposed to be a friendly community!

Perhaps next ime you should think twice about a negative title/content.

In using a negative connotation in your title you are leaving it open to interpretation.  Try not using "failed to deliver" next time.  Unless your talking about a shipping company.

The entire post was full of "coulda" "woulda" and "shoulda."

You didn't spell BluRay right, didn't capitalize a lot of the company or product names, but you did capitalize some. (If I were to analyze the article on capitalization/spelling alone, it could show you have little respect for these titles.)

Nowhere in there do you speak up to Sony.  You only speak down to them and that they should have done.

And you didn't even finish the last sentence: "I know a lot of people seem to think accessible, meaning easier and ..."

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php