By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why sony failed to deliver with the PS3

@Montana: You seem more agitated than necessary, if you don't like what he posted you don't have to reply to it, what is the point of turning this into a flame thread

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
dtewi said:
leo-j said:
They failed to deliver because it was $599.99 thats it SHUT da Hell up already with the bashing.

The price is why they failed to have a great year.

THE PRICE NOT THE GAMES NOT ANYTHING ELSE, THE PRICE!!!!

And it will sell better since it dropped its price because....

Maybe the Wii will sell better because it has a larger name now than the PS3.

Brand name also contributes a lot.

Yep

mM

Wasn't trying to be a smart ass, in what i wrote, its just that i think sony are more than what they have become, but its still early in the gen, you know anything can happen

Avinash_Tyagi said:
@Montana: You seem more agitated than necessary, if you don't like what he posted you don't have to reply to it, what is the point of turning this into a flame thread

It matches his name and avatar.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

leo-j said:
dtewi said:
leo-j said:
They failed to deliver because it was $599.99 thats it SHUT da Hell up already with the bashing.

The price is why they failed to have a great year.

THE PRICE NOT THE GAMES NOT ANYTHING ELSE, THE PRICE!!!!

And it will sell better since it dropped its price because....

Maybe the Wii will sell better because it has a larger name now than the PS3.

Brand name also contributes a lot.

Yep

So you agree? With what?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Here's the idea I got from skimming:

"Sony did this, and that was dumb, and me, as the genius, think they should have done this!"

thats exactly what I got out of the post. Games between the PSN and Retail they have over 130 games. Launch they had like 25 including PSN titles. 

Leo is actually correct. Sony major fault was the price. Blu-ray isnt even a point becasue of you notice transitions

PS1 CD -> PS2 DVD -> PS3 Blu-ray -> PS4 Holo Disc 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

"Sony did this, and that was dumb, and me, as the genius, think they should have done this!"

thats exactly what I got out of the post. Games between the PSN and Retail they have over 130 games. Launch they had like 25 including PSN titles. 

Leo is actually correct. Sony major fault was the price. Blu-ray isnt even a point becasue of you notice transitions

It would have been a great move if they released it in 2 more years.

Blu-Ray is too expensive right now. And due to the low price, low sales, low sales means less brand recognition means less sales.

Here is a nice little diagram.

High Price ---> Less Sales ---> Less Brand Recognition ---> Less Sales

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
ssj12 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

It would have been a great move if they released it in 2 more years.

Blu-Ray is too expensive right now. And due to the low price, low sales, low sales means less brand recognition means less sales.

Let me give you a hand:

BR+Cell ---> High Price ---> Less Sales ---> Less Brand Recognition ---> Less Sales

Edit: "a"  hand, d@mnit, "A" hand!!!

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

In spite of his immature delivery, Leo-J has a point ... Price is the biggest factor which led to the PS3's downfall.

Had Sony produced a $300 console that was backwards compatible with the PS2 their legions of fans would have rushed out to buy a PS3 without any concern for any features that the system came with; the fact that the PS3 launched at $500/$600 meant that consumers were forced to stop and look at their alternatives.

FJ-Warez said:
dtewi said:
ssj12 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

It would have been a great move if they released it in 2 more years.

Let me give you hand:

BR+Cell ---> High Price ---> Less Sales ---> Less Brand Recognition ---> Less Sales

BR+Cell ---> High Price ---> Less Sales ---> Less Brand Recognition ---> Less Sales ---> ??? --->PROFIT!!!

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you