By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS HW UP!!!

Buzzi said:
So with Americas Wii is up 4k YoY actually...and seeing that in the last weeks it was up YoY in Japan by a lot, this will be another week in which Wii is up YoY, so the trend of being down (mainly because of Americas) YoY is gonna stop?

Oh, and probably in the next weeks PS3 will sell more than Wii in Others I think, there's very little difference.

If it means supply is now there in America to keep Wii up YoY, then yes. It's looking very likely that Wii will be YoY up now for a few months, especially as Wii's bad times began about this time last year, while this year Wii has major games for the period.

Others is Wii's only weak spot, and it is looking like it should reach growth even there soon.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

What is wrong with Wii in others all of a sudden? I am starting to get a bit concerned. Nintendo's vitality sensor and Zelda Wii cannot come soon enough...

^^Probably if Wii is up YoY from March on it will be also for summer (it did very bad until WSR and MH3)...5 months YoY would be very good, but actually is more important to be up over 2008, the real Wii year until now (saleswise).

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Metallicube said:
What is wrong with Wii in others all of a sudden? I am starting to get a bit concerned. Nintendo's vitality sensor and Zelda Wii cannot come soon enough...

It's not all of a sudden. Wii has been losing momentum worldwide for much of 2009, it was up in others for Christmas but soon down again in January. NSMB hasn't been as much of a hit there as in Japan and America. However even though Wii is still down, it's actually been getting better for the last few weeks, this week is almost flat, so things are looking good.

If I had to point to a possible cause for the trend, it'd be Just Dance.

Buzzi said:
^^Probably if Wii is up YoY from March on it will be also for summer (it did very bad until WSR and MH3)...5 months YoY would be very good, but actually is more important to be up over 2008, the real Wii year until now (saleswise).

Reversing trends of momentum is very hard to do. Just beating 2009 will be great for Wii. Beating 08 is asking way too much.

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
i demand you edit and delete ur post for it is a copy of the post above you!

Damit. Just two minutes... I'm a loser.... ahuahuahuahuhuaa.

Wii is coming down fast in others..
I think the Wii has already peaked, I wonder what this could mean for Wii sales for the rest of the year??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
I think the Wii has already peaked, I wonder what this could mean for Wii sales for the rest of the year??

What are you basing this on? It's doing better (for the season) than it was doing in January and February. It's flat YoY when it was down before. Are you just looking at the fact that it's not miles ahead of the PS3 to say it's doing bad?

Demotruk said:
jneul said:

What are you basing this on? It's doing better (for the season) than it was doing in January and February. It's flat YoY when it was down before. Are you just looking at the fact that it's not miles ahead of the PS3 to say it's doing bad?

I didn't say it was doing bad, i sad it has fallen quite a bit... also it won't change anything wii is still going o own ps3 for qite a while yet I predict

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Good PS3 numbers this week.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.