By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS mote so far: Maybe not as perfect as sony claims it is

I am sure since they are putting this much effort into it that they will do their best to make it 1 : 1 or at least extremely close.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Is it the controller itself, or the game?

Because from what we have seen... It's looked pretty damn accurate.

This. It could be the game, notice how they are complaining about a game that Sony didn't feature in the presentation, maybe that game just isn't as far along as the others.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Whether this is true or not, I don't see how this will be a success.. Why? Well.. There can obviously be two markets for this. The hardcore gamers and the casuals.

It's supposed to be accurate enough for hardcore games, so let's assume it is for the sake of argument. Are hardcore gamers really interested in this on a massive scale and are they willing to put down "under a 100 bucks" for this? I bet there are a few, but I don't think the numbers of hardcore gamers interested in this will be that great, and if the controllers alone are in alpha, what well built hardcore games can we expect at the end of this year? Maybe in 2 years there'll be something decent, but it really looks like it'll have a slow start..

As for the casuals, do they really care about its accuracy? I don't think so... If they want motion controls and fun, they'll get a Wii. You can get one for 200 bucks. If you want a PS3 alone, it'll cost you 300 bucks, adding the motion controls it'll be 400 bucks. The PS3+Move bundle will probably cost 350 or something close. 200 for a Wii is a lot less than 350..

This whole thing is way too close to the Wii remote..

Truth does not fear investigation

is that guy's hand melting or something? wtf is wrong with them ? O_o;

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

As I said in another thread. This should perform equally with the Wii Remote & WM+ unless they royally screwed something up. I'm guessing it all comes down to software implementation and they should get equal results as the Wii.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
NightAntilli said:

As for the casuals, do they really care about its accuracy? I don't think so... If they want motion controls and fun, they'll get a Wii. You can get one for 200 bucks. If you want a PS3 alone, it'll cost you 300 bucks, adding the motion controls it'll be 400 bucks. The PS3+Move bundle will probably cost 350 or something close. 200 for a Wii is a lot less than 350..

Or maybe they will get one machinne that does Everything.

Doesn't look that responsive, but they say it's Alpha.. so...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:

It's going to fail anyway, who cares, right?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Hus said:
NightAntilli said:

Or maybe they will get one machinne that does Everything.

The PC. That thing is never going to die. I love both of mine equally but I do need to upgrade one.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

sega4life said:

for a guy who don't give a crap about it because its going to fail you seem to be doing a good job searching for this video

btw that guy has a weird boxing stance like he never punched something in his life.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.