By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Introducing PlayStation Move.

Lot of new bundles now.

Don't suppose a Move/Subcontroller bundle with something like Sports would be asking too much. Looks like the Subcontroller stands in for having to use the left side of a DS3 as an off hand controller (which some were quick to complain about).

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
Cheebee said:
Lol, after the actual motion controller and the Nunchuk clone, they even have an actual carbon copy of Wii's wriststrap. XD Man this is golden.

They did rip the wii off, but they improved it to the point where it can rival a mouse for precision 

I see. Of course, the Wii's IR pointer can't do that.

Incidentally, does the thing have rumble, and is the Nunchuk-clone motion sensitive, like Wii's Nunchuk? Also, no wriststrap for that thing? I can see the lawsuits now...

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

curious, does the 'move' have vibration?

IMO: Sony will struggle to convince potential users, that the 'move' is not a wiimote ripoff.

Cheebee said:
leatherhat said:
Cheebee said:
Lol, after the actual motion controller and the Nunchuk clone, they even have an actual carbon copy of Wii's wriststrap. XD Man this is golden.

They did rip the wii off, but they improved it to the point where it can rival a mouse for precision 

Incidentally, does the thing have rumble, and is the Nunchuk-clone motion sensitive, like Wii's Nunchuk? Also, no wriststrap for that thing? I can see the lawsuits now...

Well, the sub-controller is motion sensitive too, since it'll have a glowing ball like the main one.

And it will probably come with it's own wriststrap, why not?

andremop said:
Cheebee said:
leatherhat said:
Cheebee said:

Well, the sub-controller is motion sensitive too, since it'll have a glowing ball like the main one.

Well, actually, no:

... That's why I asked. The guy playing the boxing/fighting game in the video was holding 2 Moves, not a Move and a 'subcontroller'. (That's also nice, needing 2 Moves to get an experience like that. This would mean anything that required motion sensing devices in 2 hands you'd need 2 Moves for? Going to be a costly experience, especially if you want to do some multiplayer).

Btw, I love how this pic is nothing at all like the pic davidd_err18 posted... Oh wait. XD  And, a sports games compilation featuring table tennis, swordfighting, and archery huh? Hmm. Reminds me of something.

Good god Sony.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
andremop said:
Cheebee said:
leatherhat said:
Cheebee said:

The pictures over at IGN show the Move with a wrist strap. However the Subcontroller/Nunchuck does not seem to have a glowing ball on it. Therefore I not sure if it will have motion controlls. But they could implement the six-axis inside of it like they did with the PS3 controller.

Beaten by Cheebee

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Cheebee said:
andremop said:
Cheebee said:
leatherhat said:
Cheebee said:

Well, actually, no:

... That's why I asked. The guy playing the boxing/fighting game in the video was holding 2 Moves, not a Move and a 'subcontroller'. (That's also nice, needing 2 Moves to get an experience like that. This would mean anything that required motion sensing devices in 2 hands you'd need 2 Moves for? Going to be a costly experience, especially if you want to do some multiplayer).

Btw, I love how this pic is nothing at all like the pic davidd_err18 posted... Oh wait. XD  And, a sports games compilation featuring table tennis, swordfighting, and archery huh? Hmm. Reminds me of something.

Good god Sony.

I know! its so hilarious XD 

I wish someone embed both pics for a quick comparission...

Cheebee said:
andremop said:
Cheebee said:
leatherhat said:
Cheebee said:

Well, actually, no:

Good god Sony.

Oh! I thought you just could detach the ball!

Never imagined he was holding two controllers of the same kind!

I don't understand why they would design it so there are two different left hand controllers. That could cause some confusion and add expense.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

The subcontroller is basically the left half of a DS3 with an extra X and O face button. I'm sure it probably functions to same way.