By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Euro Sales - Major Wii boost with SMG

Appears games like Assassin's Creed and Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2nd week) are greatly outselling Mario Galaxy's launch in Europe (well at least based on UK and Irish data where it was ranked 8th). I thought Mario Galaxy would top the charts, despite I don't prefer using a Wii-mote for this kind of game and don't like the upside down platforming on micro worlds myself. The Japanese launch was below expectations as well with Dynasty Warriors 6 for the PS3 selling 30K more at launch than Mario Galaxy did.

Maybe a Wii Sports 2 or releasing a Deluxe version may be a better option for Nintendo.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Have you ever heard about front-loaded games and such with better legs MikeB? Galaxy will easily outsell Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty if all is said and done, and it apparently moved more hardware than those games did despite lower software sales.

And you probably have never played Galaxy or Zelda or you would know that controlling those games with the Wiimote and the Nunchuck does not feel different than controlling them with a normal controller.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

MikeB said:
Appears games like Assassin's Creed and Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2nd week) are greatly outselling Mario Galaxy's launch in Europe (well at least based on UK and Irish data where it was ranked 8th). I thought Mario Galaxy would top the charts, despite I don't prefer using a Wii-mote for this kind of game and don't like the upside down platforming on micro worlds myself. The Japanese launch was below expectations as well with Dynasty Warriors 6 for the PS3 selling 30K more at launch than Mario Galaxy did.

Maybe a Wii Sports 2 or releasing a Deluxe version may be a better option for Nintendo.

it did? i am fairly sure galaxy did 280k in the first week while DW6 did 180k. you just lost all your credibility with your post. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

@ Neos

I am talking about first day sales. The Mario Galaxy sales data for the week spanned a couple of more days of sales.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ Nintendo_Fanboy

the Wiimote and the Nunchuck does not feel different than controlling them with a normal controller

For me it does.

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

......Did anyone notice that *maybe*, just maybe the Wii sale increase was due to the holiday increases rather than SMG?

After all, the X360, DS, PS3 and PSP all increased too.

You crazy kids, you failed to look at anything else before calling the Wii increase due to SMG! Sigh. When will you learn...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
......Did anyone notice that *maybe*, just maybe the Wii sale increase was due to the holiday increases rather than SMG?

You crazy kids, you failed to look at anything else before calling the Wii increase due to SMG! Sigh. When will you learn...

Percentage changes:

Wii +58% (from 85k to 133k)
PS3 +10% (from 73k to 80k)
360 +15% (from 56k to 65k)

PS2 +6% (from 82k to 87k)

DS +14% (from 247k to 281k)
PSP +7% (from 60k to 64k)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

mrstickball said:

......Did anyone notice that *maybe*, just maybe the 360 sale increase was due to the back-to-school increases rather than Halo3?

After all, the Wii, DS, PS3 and PSP all increased too.

You crazy kids, you failed to look at anything else before calling the 360 increase due to Halo 3! Sigh. When will you learn...

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

mrstickball said:

Maybe you should read through threads before calling people crazy kids, you would have noticed that some mentioned this possibility but others pointed out reasons that holiday boost can't be the only reason, for example because it usually starts later in europe than in the USA, or you would have checked the numbers and had noticed what NJ5 pointed out nicely.

But since you prefer attacking people and making trollish posts, I won't go into details.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

NJ5 said:
mrstickball said:

Percentage changes:

Wii +58% (from 85k to 133k)
PS3 +10% (from 73k to 80k)
360 +15% (from 56k to 65k)

PS2 +6% (from 82k to 87k)

DS +14% (from 247k to 281k)
PSP +7% (from 60k to 64k)

lol, you showed him

*high fives*