By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Euro Sales - Major Wii boost with SMG

Yea after seeing sales increase so much now I really don't doubt that sometime this year Wii will be able to get over a million sales WW in one week.

Around the Network
Vengi said:
FishyJoe said:
Will the Wii be above 500k WW for the last week?

133K for europe maybe....250K for USA? I can't see Japan doing more then 50K.

So 433K is about as high as I can see it going...unless USA has a truly amazing shipment or Japan does a major turnaround and loves the Wii again.

ioi doesn't have all the data for USA yet, but for now his guess is 350k for the Wii

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

At the last week or two of the year I can see the wii easy doing a million or more in a week. I expect 150K + in the UK alone.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

NJ5 said:
Vengi said:
FishyJoe said:
Will the Wii be above 500k WW for the last week?

133K for europe maybe....250K for USA? I can't see Japan doing more then 50K.

So 433K is about as high as I can see it going...unless USA has a truly amazing shipment or Japan does a major turnaround and loves the Wii again.

ioi doesn't have all the data for USA yet, but his guess is 350k for the Wii

Ok thats INSANE, it's only mid november! I guess Ninty wanted SMG to get a good boost

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

The euro sales for wii on this website are probably wrong as they don't make any sense. For example normally each week in the uk the wii has 8-10 titles in the top 40 sales. We know that the wii is supply constrained in the uk as it's sold out in most places. 2 weeks ago the wii only had 2 titles in the top 40, the only way this could have happened is if the wii sold an extremely low number of hardware units that week, yet on vgchartz the wii is listed as still having high sales. This week mario galaxy only managed to chart 3rd on the top40, the wii only had 1 more game in the top40 compared to the ps3 and two more compared to the xbox360 yet we're supposed to believe the wii sold 50,449 while the 360 only sold 20,599 and the ps3 only sold 16,845??? The wii is being over tracked.

Around the Network
jimmay said:
The euro sales for wii on this website are probably wrong as they don't make any sense. For example normally each week in the uk the wii has 8-10 titles in the top 40 sales. We know that the wii is supply constrained in the uk as it's sold out in most places. 2 weeks ago the wii only had 2 titles in the top 40, the only way this could have happened is if the wii sold an extremely low number of hardware units that week, yet on vgchartz the wii is listed as still having high sales. This week mario galaxy only managed to chart 3rd on the top40, the wii only had 1 more game in the top40 compared to the ps3 and two more compared to the xbox360 yet we're supposed to believe the wii sold 50,449 while the 360 only sold 20,599 and the ps3 only sold 16,845??? The wii is being over tracked.

Did it occur to you that loads of people that buy a Wii don't get an extra game when they buy the Wii but simply stick to Wii Sports?

If they continue on like that, then 1.8 million a month world wide production ain't enough, WAH!!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

@jimmay

The usual story is that the Wii isn't selling any software because of it's bad attach rate. That doesn't rime with your conclusion that Wii can't sell much hardware because it's not selling much software.

My take: many of those buyers, especially those buying a christmas gift, are content buying a Wii with just Wii Sports and (some of them) SMG.

etuoyo said:
jimmay said:

Did it occur to you that loads of people that buy a Wii don't get an extra game when they buy the Wii but simply stick to Wii Sports?

Accept it's hard/impossible to do that when the wii is constantly sold out and you can't buy one in the first place.

Great numbers for the Wii, still a lot of potential in Germany, Italy and Spain, but absolutely amazing numbers in France and UK.

I don't think that there is a supply problem on the continent, maybe in the UK but in the German-speaking area the problem was solved long ago and the same goes for the French-speaking regions I think.

Holiday boost should also come in a little later, so I would take Mario Galaxy as the most important reason for this boost. Btw, the boost some weeks ago may had to do with the launch of Metroid.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)