By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Euro Sales - Major Wii boost with SMG

The Wii has gone from 83K last week to 133K  this week which is an Increase of 50K, clearly SMG and the run up to the holidays is having a great effect on Wii sales.

The UK alone sold 50K up from last weeks sales of 30K,  The UK is now selling more Wii consoles then Japan has for over a month on a per week  basis.  France sold 37K.

In the whole of Europe the PS3 inceased slightly by 7K (72K to 79K) and the 360 increased by 8K (56K to 64K)

These sales numbers will continue to increase as we get closer to the holidays

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network

Also important to note that UK and France sales for Wii are higher than PS3 sales total in the entire area. Good markets to get deep in.

I don't think it is so simple with the Wii, It went up a lot 3 or 4 weeks ago then came down again, and has now gone back up.

I think it is just how supply is going, Nintendo are probaby starting to release their stockpiled, and christmas production Wiis, thus it goes up when they get shipped.

Or maybe it went up a few weks ago because of the Nintendo statements that Wiis will be in short supply, thus everyone went out to buy one and depleted the stock....then this week Nintend sent more stock with SMG.

I think we can expect more sales in Germany soon, once everyone knows you can get them there people in the UK are going to order them in bulk.

I've already seen people selling New & used Wii's that are European and require an adapter.

Will the Wii be above 500k WW for the last week?

Around the Network

Fishy- maybe. If Ioi was write about 350k for Wii in America last week then it won't take much of Japan at all to do it. Japan anyways should get some increase though for Wii from RE:UC.

So 500k for Wii WW last week is possible.

Vengi said:

I think we can expect more sales in Germany soon, once everyone knows you can get them there people in the UK are going to order them in bulk.

I've already seen people selling New & used Wii's that are European and require an adapter.

I don't live in UK, but that's exactly why I decided to buy my Wii (from amazon.de precisely) today even though I don't have a TV at my new place yet :P I'm not so sure it will sell out in Germany but I sure as hell didn't want to risk being in the same situation that people in USA are right now.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

But I still hold true to previous statements that DS is an unstoppable beast that eats 3rd world children and then spits out money instead of bones.

FishyJoe said:
Will the Wii be above 500k WW for the last week?

133K for europe maybe....250K for USA? I can't see Japan doing more then 50K.

So 433K is about as high as I can see it going...unless USA has a truly amazing shipment or Japan does a major turnaround and loves the Wii again.

@fishy. i assume you are going by the usual UK is about 1/10th of the worldwide market,...it doesn't always work (else DS would be above 750k) partly because Japanese sales don't pick up till mid December, and partly because Wii is stronger in UK than other PAL areas.

Still it might indicate 400k+ week.

That "million in a single week" has a good chance of happening for the Wii.