By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - so is edler srcolls IV the GotY

leo-j said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
leo-j said:
dtewi said:
The PS3 version didn't.....

The ps3 version was better than the other versions..

You're funny.

No IM not its true.

heheeheh rightttttt.....

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
leo-j said:
dtewi said:
The PS3 version didn't.....

The ps3 version was better than the other versions..

You're funny.

No IM not its true.

Here we go again, and again...

On topic, Oblivion??? but is a last year game...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I haven't played the game on both platforms, but the video comparisons I've watched indicate the PS3 has slightly better looking terrain, clearly superior draw distance, but much worse character models. In any case, the difference is what you'd expect when you work on a game a year longer, and hardly anything to parade about one way or the other.

As for being game of the year, it was originally released in 06, and it's in too much of a niche genre to be universally recognised as the game of the year. Probably the best RPG on a console after Mass Effect, but there isn't all that much competition. Unless you really get desperate and count Final Fantasy clones as RPGs of course, but frankly that should be illegal. =P

if SMG dont get GOTY award, there is some serious stuff they are smoking. This game dethroned OOT it must deserve be GOTY.

manman said:
1up said so

Link please?

Around the Network

Oblivion? That came out a long time ago...why does this thread exist?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Anyway, why compare 360 and PS3...don't ignore the PC, which most would say was the best platform for that game...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I don't even think Oblivion would win in the best port to new platform category. That would go to RE4.

Sweet, so that means RE4 and Half-Life 2 are in the runnings. This year just got even better.