By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy sells ~70,000 in first week IN THE UK !!

Just what we need... Another thread talking about how bad SMG is doing blah blah blah... The all the fanboys come out and say their favorite line... SUPPLY CONSTRAINT!! Then it's the whole, it hasn't been out for a full week, then we come back next week and the sales are worse, then it's justified because it does not matter because that country doesn't matter in the console race... You just watch, next week, sales will be worse, then a thread about how the others don't matter in the console race. *Sigh* I hate being right.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Just what we need... Another thread talking about how bad SMG is doing blah blah blah... The all the fanboys come out and say their favorite line... SUPPLY CONSTRAINT!! Then it's the whole, it hasn't been out for a full week, then we come back next week and the sales are worse, then it's justified because it does not matter because that country doesn't matter in the console race... You just watch, next week, sales will be worse, then a thread about how the others don't matter in the console race. *Sigh* I hate being right.
Thanks, I love how often I called a fanboy. I am a PS3 fanboy and a Wii fanboy, A nintendo fanboy and a sony fanboy. Wow this community get really worse. Sorry Japan numbers where bad, but where the hell do you get the Idea that Europe numbers are bad? It did better than shops expected, because it is sold out. So why are the numbers bad?

DMeisterJ said:

It has only been out for four days. How can you get a week's worth of data for that. It is good for a game that has been out 4 days and this is 1/3 of their market.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

@ Just_Ben

I didn't call you a fanboy, I said "fanboys come out and..." I didn't say your name.

@ dtewi

There we go with the excuses, four days blah blah blah..., less than a week blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

@DMeisterJ:

I don't think you understood it yet. Excuses are not needed! The game is selling fine, it's even selling out in many places, and it boosted Wii hardware by 58%. Go ahead and call SMG a "flop" in Japan, but it's doing fine everywhere else. So please don't read what people are saying about sales as excuses, because they're really not.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

DmeisterJ I understand that you react like this but please stop it.

DMeisterJ said:
 blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

Wow... maturity in it's best.

@ NJ5

Didn't call it a flop, didn't say it needed excluses. I said that the fanboys are already making excuses for this week if it doesn't do well. Didn't say it didn't sell out, didn't say it didn't boost Wii hardware. DIdn't call it a flop in Japan. If you read my post I said they're making excuses for it now if it doesn't do well like supply constraint, not being a full week of sales etc. I said it was a repeat of the Japan even then they'll say that the others don't matter in the console race.

Personally, I don't really care how the game does, I'm just tired of hearing the same wash, rinsed, and reused argument I just explained.

gamingdevil said:
DMeisterJ said:
 blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

Wow... maturity in it's best.

I was just summarizing all the arguments I've read in this thread to the best of my ability... That's all I could come up with

"Didn't call it a flop, didn't say it needed excluses."

So why are you saying that people are using excuses? Is every statement regarding SMG sales an excuse? Can't people discuss sales and related things (supply constraint, etc) without "excusing" anything? I think they can, so just let people discuss things.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957