By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy sells ~70,000 in first week IN THE UK !!

you may want to edit your thread title before soriku is going nuts, or any other ps3 fanboy before reading your post

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Yeah, I thought this was US sales for a sec and was about to munch some industrial-strength crow.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

I like the title. It gets you to come in to see more about Wii or Mario numbers but then shows you the Xbox 360 numbers which blow Mario away (at least for the last couple of weeks). And then ends by showing you that Brain Training will be the biggest game in the UK this year and maybe of all time!

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

70000 is really weak for the best game ever ( and yeah I agree with that)
Also a note some stores sold their stock already on tuesday or wednesday before the retail date of the 16 so yeah it got more then two weeks sell through.
Some retailers are out and some are still having enough.

So its not sold out either.

Pretty sad.

btw ioi do you mean uk or europe quiet a big difference in that :)

UK is United Kingdom = England, North Ireland, Wales, Scotland etc...

Btw: In Holland i was Able to get the game on Wednesday the 14th too... (16th was releaseday)...

But hey: It has only been (officially) 3 days... So 70k is rather good for UK... And France is Nintendo crazy a.t.m... So that'd be another 70k i guess... Add the other regions to that and u have a 200-230k debute week for SMG... in the EU...

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

So AC sold almost 3 times as much as SMG? Thats sad =\

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Extremely weak sales for Galaxy if that's true. ;__;

Alright. So the big news here is that UK sales chartz are on the way. Thats some awesome news. Will they be top 200? 50?

When are we going to get Canadian charts? huh? I'm waiting!

I don't like waiting...:(

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Interesting...I'm still waiting on US sales of Galaxy for the final word on its launch.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Interesting...I'm still waiting on US sales of Galaxy for the final word on its launch.

I guess the game did well... I better top the CoD4 debut of 500k+ (on X360)... Or im gonna eat my copy of SMG...!

THE NETHERLANDS