By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Slimmer PS3 Slim is expected this March

This certainly explains the shortages, since Sony is about to release a lighter version of the Slim:

A retailer is reporting today that Sony will be giving the PlayStation 3 a slight weight reduction from its current 3.2kg to 3.0kg. This will be accompanied by a change in model number from CECH-2000A to CECH-2100A.

It's presumable that, aside from just the weight, something else has changed inside the system. Sony often makes minor hardware adjustments, changing the model number in the process.

The retailer expects Sony's PS3 shipments to switch to the new version in March.

This retailer also reports that Sony will be ending shipments on its Bright Yellow PSP-3000 model. The retailer notes that this was the least popular of the PSP-3000 systems at his shop.

link

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

WTF!!!!!!

Meh, Slim is a marketing gimmick that loads of people fall for. It works for them so why not?

it will probably just continue to be the ps3 slim. the lighter weight is just a way of slightly cutting down on production cost. i doubt any drastic changes will come

This could Xxplain why SONY has those shortages

Around the Network

Thread title much more dramatic than thread content. The same model, 200g lighter?

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

PS3 Size Zero.
brought to you by Paris Hilton.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Xxain said:
This could Xxplain why SONY has those shortages

I see what you did there ;]

So everytime a few parts are changed expect shortages?

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Sounds like another way to cut costs even further. Sony's really learning a lot about efficiency in their systems this generation.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d