By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is there soo much negativity in any 360 related thread?

NightAntilli said:
libellule said:
celticlonewolf said:
If you want to get what the op was was talking about take a look at most of the Allan Wake threads. The game by many reveiwers has been talked about as being very good to play and also a tech marvel with graphics up there as one of the best.
To read some of the peoples posts in the forums you would beleive it has blah graphics with shity game play. Had the game been a sony only then the threads would have a much been much diff with maybe 1 or 2 bitter bad comments instead because its a 360 game 50 to 60% of the games talk is people talking smack about it or people pointing out how stupid the people talking smack are.

it is the typical problem we are mentioning

nobody is claiming Alan Wake sucks or has shitty gfx.
But some people are claiming that alan Wake is the best piece of gfx around on console while the destructoid preview "only" syas that alan Wake gfx are superior to any 360 game and can only compete with the best PS3 exclusive.
If people will not make bullshit claim/thread, then there will be no problem ...

That's the whole problem. Because here on VGC and other websites like GT etc, the only claim that is not bs is that the PS3 is better than the X360, and if you don't agree you're gonna get flamed.

no

you just have to make a claim supported by preview/review and not a bullshit free claim like some LOVE to do ...

I can say : technically : KZ2/U2 are superior to anything on 360 because it is widely accepted.

I could also put GoW3 on the podium near them.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
joeorc said:
Twistedpixel said:

Essentially all you need to say is this. For years and years the multiplatform developers have said that the systems are essentially equals in terms of performance and equal performance is what has been yielded out of the machines. A game like Battlefield Bad Company 2 pushes the PS3 harder computationally than Killzone 2 and yet both systems are running fine side by side.

Whats the exclusive difference?

A. Sony spends more money.

B. Exclusives are ahead of the pack due to the exclusive attention given to one system, the programmers not being divided over more than one platform essentially.

Never before have two consoles been so identical.

• Same memory quantity.
  • Same basic CPU instruction set
  • GPUs designed to meet the same DirectX specification
  • Similar number of transistors overall

Xbox 360 = PS3 = Xbox 360 = PS3 computationally. They are the HD twins for a very good reason.

key word in your OPINION

"A game like Battlefield Bad Company 2 pushes the PS3 harder computationally than Killzone 2"

"GPUs designed to meet the same DirectX specification"

Sony uses Open GL not DirectX

that's why the xbox is called the xbox

"They are the HD twins for a very good reason."

that was the Media calling them that they are far from being  twin's

Actually the RSX is the closest current generation GPU to a desktop part. RSX = ~7800GTX which is a DirectX 9.0c part. What Sony uses for their API has nothing to do with the specification the GPU was designed to meet. Xenos = Somewhere between 19xx and 29xx, designed by the same team which did the awesome RV770.

How are they not twins? They are cut from the same cloth both in terms of the GPU they use and the CPU they use. Sacred 2 developers ported Direct3D onto the PS3! Both CPUs use the same instruction set... Xenon was a derivative of Cell development, fraternal rather than identical twins.

so it is ok, everybody agree :

PS3 exclusive, whatever the reason, are superior technically to 360 exclusive.

thx for telling us what is knew since .... KZ2 release.

Time to Work !

libellule said:
NightAntilli said:
libellule said:
celticlonewolf said:
If you want to get what the op was was talking about take a look at most of the Allan Wake threads. The game by many reveiwers has been talked about as being very good to play and also a tech marvel with graphics up there as one of the best.
To read some of the peoples posts in the forums you would beleive it has blah graphics with shity game play. Had the game been a sony only then the threads would have a much been much diff with maybe 1 or 2 bitter bad comments instead because its a 360 game 50 to 60% of the games talk is people talking smack about it or people pointing out how stupid the people talking smack are.

it is the typical problem we are mentioning

nobody is claiming Alan Wake sucks or has shitty gfx.
But some people are claiming that alan Wake is the best piece of gfx around on console while the destructoid preview "only" syas that alan Wake gfx are superior to any 360 game and can only compete with the best PS3 exclusive.
If people will not make bullshit claim/thread, then there will be no problem ...

That's the whole problem. Because here on VGC and other websites like GT etc, the only claim that is not bs is that the PS3 is better than the X360, and if you don't agree you're gonna get flamed.

no

you just have to make a claim supported by preview/review and not a bullshit free claim like some LOVE to do ...

I can say : technically : KZ2/U2 are superior to anything on 360 because it is widely accepted.

I could also put GoW3 on the podium near them.

Generally accepted by the exact same crowd of sheeps.. I can argue easily that Alan Wake is more technically advanced than any console game yet (which I'm not going to do since I know how that will turn out -.- ), however, most people biased towards the PS3 will never accept this. Not because it's not true, but because of their ego and the need to brag about their system all the time. Another big mistake by you people is that better graphics equals a better technical game, which is not necessarily true. You still need to take scale, linearity, AI, number of enemies, sound effects, input delay etc into consideration.

Basically you're saying, if the majority agrees, then that's what we need to go on because that's the truth. Well guess what, the truth is not based on what most people believe. If the 99% of the world believed cows could fly, the 1% who agrees it can not, are still right. 

Truth does not fear investigation

libellule said:
Twistedpixel said:

Actually the RSX is the closest current generation GPU to a desktop part. RSX = ~7800GTX which is a DirectX 9.0c part. What Sony uses for their API has nothing to do with the specification the GPU was designed to meet. Xenos = Somewhere between 19xx and 29xx, designed by the same team which did the awesome RV770.

How are they not twins? They are cut from the same cloth both in terms of the GPU they use and the CPU they use. Sacred 2 developers ported Direct3D onto the PS3! Both CPUs use the same instruction set... Xenon was a derivative of Cell development, fraternal rather than identical twins.

so it is ok, everybody agree :

PS3 exclusive, whatever the reason, are superior technically to 360 exclusive.

thx for telling us what is knew since .... KZ2 release.

Technically? WTF does that mean in this context? The major difference is actually art, I.E. more with less than any major technical breakthroughs. Typically similar number of transistors clocked at similar speeds produce similar performance. Killzone 2 is a dark world with a lot of straight lines, good for showing off a technical masterpiece eh?

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

@NightAntilli and Twistedpixel,

you are not fighting agaisnt me, you are fighting against ... with whole internet.

@NightAntilli

YOU are the sheep man. Making free claim with the game not even close to be released with no reveiw to back up your point.
Not to say the game will be shit, but I doubt it will outcompete Uncharted2 and co technically.

Also, it is very funny that you come to me saying "technical achievement is different to visual achievement" because Alan Wake, that you are defending, is a linear game, with a small scale (as most games) ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

It never ceases to amaze me how the PS3 fanboys (or really any type of fanboy for that matter) yap yap yap about which game is technically superior like it's some sort of objective analysis/assessment when most of you have high school (or lower) education and very little if no formal education int he field of graphic design/computer programing/games development.

ghaleon1980 said:
It never ceases to amaze me how the PS3 fanboys (or really any type of fanboy for that matter) yap yap yap about which game is technically superior like it's some sort of objective analysis/assessment when most of you have high school (or lower) education and very little if no formal education int he field of graphic design/computer programing/games development.

to my defense :

1/ I follow what the whole internet is saying and I REALLY never make claim base on my judgement on the technical part

2/ I still can (and I do) judge game artistically

3/ I usually bash free claim, and follow accepted claim that are linked to review

4/ I m playing HoMM3, STALKER, ZoTEnder, so, no, I m not a graphic whore ...

Time to Work !

Skeeuk said:

this is why i feel sorry for them.

if 360 has been out longest surely in its current generation or last generation games should be ahead of ps3? but it isnt, why is that?

But if the PS3 is more powerful and 1 year younger, how come almost all next gen games run worse on it and how come games like Crysis 2 look a generation ahead of it's exclusives?

libellule said:

lol

Ok then

Graphics: Sixty frames per second of visuals as good or better than anything on the market

The visuals, voice acting, soundtrack, and direction are miles ahead of the competition

It's widely accepted that CoD: MW2 and Mass Effect supercede Uncharted 2, why can't PS3 beat middleware?

libellule said:
ghaleon1980 said:

to my defense :

1/ I follow what the whole internet is saying and I REALLY never make claim base on my judgement on the technical part

2/ I still can (and I do) judge game artistically

3/ I usually bash free claim, and follow accepted claim that are linked to review

4/ I m playing HoMM3, STALKER, ZoTEnder, so, no, I m not a graphic whore ...

libellule: I didn't mean to single you out.  I am speaking about everyone who makes these claims.  Sorry if i offended you.

libellule said:
@NightAntilli and Twistedpixel,

you are not fighting agaisnt me, you are fighting against ... with whole internet.

@NightAntilli

YOU are the sheep man. Making free claim with the game not even close to be released with no reveiw to back up your point.
Not to say the game will be shit, but I doubt it will outcompete Uncharted2 and co technically.

Also, it is very funny that you come to me saying "technical achievement is different to visual achievement" because Alan Wake, that you are defending, is a linear game, with a small scale (as most games) ...

Farmville >>>>> PS3.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?