By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lets turn White Knight Chronicles 2 into a A class game!

I just beat WKC today and i have to say i enjoyed the game, it was entertaining and  fun but far away from perfect.... WKC has probally lost the oppurtunity to be SONY's definitve JRPG but it doesnt mean WKC2 cant be even better, so what would make WKC2 a AAA class game? there is alot to be done

before we start things that annoyed me:

SOME SPOILERZZZZZ!!!!!!

* ABC formula: I need to get to the ancient temple but i have to go get a key in a magic cave which can only be opened by a guy i need to find elsewhere ARRRGH!!! i hate this...it appears atleast once in every RPG but every chapter in WKC

* WKC has a dull story to begin with but L5 does the honor of making it worse b killing any suspenseful moments with heavy alluding. Nothings ever a shock. Setti being a bad guy, the whole FF8 children knock-off story, eldore* part of seraphics fault* who the real enemy is * we all know or should know that that the serant dude to who took control of the castle after the king dies and who is also preist ledon is the current day from of the leader of the yesherians* the only thing that caught me by surprise was Kara actually being the black knight.

* very little enemy variation basically just reskining or even bringing another enemy in from a past area and making it stronger. you can literally count the number od enemy types on your hands and maybe one foot.

*slooooow battle system, its to slow and nerve racking and it gets worse when you get 2 knights becuase LV5 takes as a message to add multiple giant enemies in one area so 3 giants enemies with over inflated HP+multiple normal enemies+ plus already slow battle system makes later battles 10mins each.

* generic armor in this game sucks and they dont take the time to give each character there own variation of the said generic armor which makes you all look like boring NPC soldiers

* character creation sucked not enough hair styles...biased agaisnt short hair..no red eyes( WHY) and he just stands there and looks stupid all day they even forgot to add him towards the end.

* areas ARE TOO FUCKIN BIG!! cities and dungeons: tone it down notch the area before sinca city was too long and big+ generic

* no point in magic or combo's they both eat up there repective energy sources to quickly they need to balance them out again.

* whats the point of all the moves they wernt any stronger than each other i basically used lunging slash the whole game.

* Kara better not seriously be dead

* stupid random falling out of the sky boss fights.. why does every bosss intro have the boss fall from a great height? Why is a 10 ton spider falling randomly out of the sky?

Things VCG says needs to be fixed

Around the Network

Better game play
Higher difficulty
Story was alright, but could be better
More places, for the love of god more places!
Longer game
Make the abilities actually feel like they are useful

and please, do not use pallet swaps for mobs!

btw why dont the CPU controlled characters evry use magic buffs i put haste in Yulies bar and she never used it unless manually switched to her which was a pain to do every battle

Xxain said:

I just beat WKC today and i have to say i enjoyed the game, it was entertaining and  fun but far away from perfect.... WKC has probally lost the oppurtunity to be SONY's definitve JRPG but it doesnt mean WKC2 cant be even better, so what would make WKC2 a AAA class game? there is alot to be done

before we start things that annoyed me:

SOME SPOILERZZZZZ!!!!!!

* ABC formula: I need to get to the ancient temple but i have to go get a key in a magic cave which can only be opened by a guy i need to find elsewhere ARRRGH!!! i hate this...it appears atleast once in every RPG but every chapter in WKC

I agree. 

* WKC has a dull story to begin with but L5 does the honor of making it worse b killing any suspenseful moments with heavy alluding. Nothings ever a shock. Setti being a bad guy, the whole FF8 children knock-off story, eldore* part of seraphics fault* who the real enemy is * we all know or should know that that the serant dude to who took control of the castle after the king dies and who is also preist ledon is the current day from of the leader of the yesherians* the only thing that caught me by surprise was Kara actually being the black knight.

Lol don't blame me for my obsession with the game before it came out, hehe edlore. :P

But yeah i agree here too, though i semi-saw Kara coming from a mile away aswell... the only thing that shocked me to be honest was actually fighting against the Sun Knight and the Seraphic Form of the Black Knight, i didn't realize we'd see anymore knights in WKC1 besides the White, Normal Black, and DragonKnights.

We still don't know who the 4th Knight even is for FFS! they left one out!  

* very little enemy variation basically just reskining or even bringing another enemy in from a past area and making it stronger. you can literally count the number od enemy types on your hands and maybe one foot.

Haha i agree with you here to, but please do go all hypocrite on me once you play SO4: TLHI ... THAT game reuses skins and animations like CRAZY nearly no variation at all.

Atleast WKC changes some animations for the Bigger monsters and stuff while SO4 does not. 

*slooooow battle system, its to slow and nerve racking and it gets worse when you get 2 knights becuase LV5 takes as a message to add multiple giant enemies in one area so 3 giants enemies with over inflated HP+multiple normal enemies+ plus already slow battle system makes later battles 10mins each.

FUCK YES, I fucking HATE the battle system for this damn game, it does remind me of FFXII which had the worst battle system of all the final fantasies.......

Lol over inflated HP. XD

This is the absolute MAIN thing that needs to change, you warned me about this before hand but i didn't think it would be THIS slow, you had all right to lol @ me for thinking it would be like DW6: Empires. 

* generic armor in this game sucks and they dont take the time to give each character there own variation of the said generic armor which makes you all look like boring NPC soldiers

I Disagree with you here, Higher GR means alot of new Armor that only players can have, its only available via online and new game+.

But more armor variations is welcome in WKC2, infact its to be expected. 

OH and also WKC is fucking BIASED to Female characters, theres a Queen Armor set end game (Looks AWESOME) but no king set... only Jester... 

* character creation sucked not enough hair styles...biased agaisnt short hair..no red eyes( WHY) and he just stands there and looks stupid all day they even forgot to add him towards the end.

It's better then oblivion, thats good enough for me. i was dissapointed by no Neon Purple eyes too, and no Sephiroth lenth hair, there also wasn't enough bang hair styles.

I semi agree/disagree here. 

* areas ARE TOO FUCKIN BIG!! cities and dungeons: tone it down notch the area before sinca city was too long and big+ generic

Thats an' issue? i liked it, very open worldy, however a Sprint and/or SPEED UP skill or spell would have been really nice. 

* no point in magic or combo's they both eat up there repective energy sources to quickly they need to balance them out again.

Magic was fine, but Action Chips was a terrible idea for skills this also really drags the gameplay down. 

* whats the point of all the moves they wernt any stronger than each other i basically used lunging slash the whole game.

There are major uses for them, mostly the elemental once an' combined striker ones.

Disagree here. 

* Kara better not seriously be dead

Oh please, no body = not dead, an' if she really did kick it that pretty boy ceaser wouldn't have left her, its not like how Isara was from VC which she was buried and all, Kara simply vanished. though i could be wrong, there is always that chance you know. 

* stupid random falling out of the sky boss fights.. why does every bosss intro have the boss fall from a great height? Why is a 10 ton spider falling randomly out of the sky?

i lol'd. 

Things VCG says needs to be fixed

I cometh to this thread like a moth to a flame...

i have something to say.

Just bring the game overseas.

thank you very much.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

the white knight is pretty bad , it never dies, its slow and the camera sucks when you use it. and cpu should automatically cast haste like in ff12. 2d towns, 3d towns are useless in jrpgs and they look bad.

jonnhytesta said:
the white knight is pretty bad , it never dies, its slow and the camera sucks when you use it. and cpu should automatically cast haste like in ff12. 2d towns, 3d towns are useless in jrpgs and they look bad.

2d and 3d towns?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

jonnhytesta said:

I had several camera issues especially if your in a confined area.

jonnhytesta said:

...3d towns look bad?

... ... ... 2d towns look good?

On PS3? ...

huh?

My head hurts just thinking about all the necessary things that are needed to turn WKC into an "A" game.