By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I got MP3 and SMG over the weekend...

Well over her in the Uk I got Endless ocean for £15.99 and have ordered SMG for £28.99, Retail prices though are £19.99 for Endless ocean and £34.99 for SMG, so over here at least Endless ocean is priced as a budget title. Im playing alot on Endless Ocean but no doubt when my copy of SMG finally arrives that will stop with SMG being played the most by far. The advantage of Endless Ocean is its an easy relaxing play, good to come back to inbetween major scale Adventures, FPS and RPGS for a couple of days.

Around the Network

C and E
forget Endless Ocean, you have Wii's two best games at hand

Play what you want to play

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I didn't see an option of F) all of the above. So I'll add it. F)All of the above.

Just kidding, of course. I love to see people exercising diversity. I'm not an MP3 kind of guy but I'm loving SMG and I'm waiting on Endless Ocean as well. At the same time, I've been playing Halo 3, Bioshock, and Lego Star Wars Complete saga.

It's all good...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

RolStoppable said:

E) german and probably a Bayern fan

All the good stuff I have read about Endless Ocean makes me want to buy it now and it's a budget title, only €30!

Worst insult ever. SC Freiburg all the way. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
tk1989 said:
Galaki said:
Faxanadu said:

4D gaming

4D gaming is the kind that plays itself, right?

I believe we've got that on PC a long time ago.

It's called Progress Quest. (dot com)

Let me first warn you of trying it out. It is very addicting.

the 4th dimension is time. That is, time actually progresses during the game. For example, if there was a glass of water in the hot sun then as time progresses the water would evaporate, and if you played the game long enough you would see the erosion of the land etc. There is no game that is truly 4d; you get games which go from day to night, etc, but no game is really 4d.

There is, it's called Dwarf Fortress.

RolStoppable said:
Faxanadu said:
RolStoppable said:

E) german and probably a Bayern fan

All the good stuff I have read about Endless Ocean makes me want to buy it now and it's a budget title, only €30!

Worst insult ever. SC Freiburg all the way.

I remember them beating Bayern 5:1. Good times.

Those were the days. And even in their first year in the Bundesliga. Really sweet. Anyways, this year is looking good again. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

SeriousWB said:
tk1989 said:
Galaki said:
Faxanadu said:

4D gaming

the 4th dimension is time. That is, time actually progresses during the game. For example, if there was a glass of water in the hot sun then as time progresses the water would evaporate, and if you played the game long enough you would see the erosion of the land etc. There is no game that is truly 4d; you get games which go from day to night, etc, but no game is really 4d.

as long as there is no transmission of temperature i dont care what the sun does to water. and would you check back in abou 1000000 years to see whether the mountain really has eroded by 2 meters? Kind of pointless. Time that works just fine can be seen in majoras mask or i heard animal crossing has cool xmas parties. 

Well Faxanadu, in Dwarf Fortress, you a generated a world to play in. And before you start playing, you are shown a 1000 year history of the world they have generated (generating takes a LONG time lol, with quite a lot of failed attempts) which is pretty cool. And in play you can affect and mess with everything, it's really a monumental game. The obvious downside is that it's ASCII graphics =(

Faxanadu said:
SeriousWB said:
tk1989 said:
Galaki said:
Faxanadu said:

4D gaming

as long as there is no transmission of temperature i dont care what the sun does to water. and would you check back in abou 1000000 years to see whether the mountain really has eroded by 2 meters? Kind of pointless. Time that works just fine can be seen in majoras mask or i heard animal crossing has cool xmas parties.

First off, i didnt know that there was a "true 4d game", i had never heard of Dwarf Fortress before now; but i still believe that games are too limited in scope to truly be 4th dimensional. Games are still, and probably always will be, limited by the scopes and views of its designers.

Second off, Faxandu, i never said that i wanted 4d games. I just gave an explanation of what the 4th dimension is, i never said i supported it in anyway.