By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nyko's Rechargable Batterie Packs for Wiimotes...

I guess they just came out. i heard about them comming out awhile ago, i was going to get one because, well even though the wiimotes baterylife for good bateries is a pretty long time, i have no life and play too much so i cant afford new bateries all the time. (well, i can but its cheaper this way) when considering to buy one, a friend of mine said its not a good idea because you are not supposed to use battery packs in the wiimotes. (or something like that) anyone know anything of this, or have and use a nyko battery pack with charger? how well they work, is it ok to use them with the wii, how long do they last, etc. Thanks.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Around the Network

I don't know how good this battery pack is, but all you need are good AA rechargable batteries. I use some 2400+ mAH Energizer batteries and they work great. When getting rechargable batteries look at the mAH (Mega Amps / Hour) Get some that are 2000 or better. They may cost up to $5 each, but they will last forever and last a while between charges. I get about 20 hrs on the Wii with the Nunchuk (tracked with Zelda), a lot more w/o the nunchuk, but harder to track exactly.

I would say buy some rechargeable batteries.

ok, rechargable bateries it is. how much would you say for the chargers? no big deal if you dont know, im gonna find out for myself at radio shack!

I think mine were about $20 for the charger and 8 batteries. Maybe 25 at the most.

Around the Network

hmmm, the nyko thing is 20 bucks, and thats 2 batery packs, and the charger. but if its not good for it (?) then ill still go with the rechargables, cause i know they are not bad for it, and either one will ultamatly pay for itself.

I bought some and will be receiving it from amazon any day. IGN had a great review of the product. Particularly liked the rubberized backing, helps hold on to the wiimotes.

I went out and bought special wii-remote covers for each of my 3(waiting for colored wii's to get a 4th!) So the Nyko is not an option for me otherwise I just wasted the money on Mario Zelda & Yoshi covers.

Now as far as rechargables go I'd get Sanyo Eneloop batteries. 4 Batteries and a charger can be purchased at about $29.99. I have personally owned many rechargable batteries over the years(I started WAY back on my old school Game boy.) and these last the longest and hold a charge like Alkaline batteries.. meaning you can charge them and let them sit for a few years and they'll still have some charge in them(A problem I had with many of the other brands over the years.) So they're usually set togo unless you let them sit for years or forget to charge them.  

You can purchase them on Amazon or at CircuitCity. 

I prefer the NiMH recharables since I already have a bunch for all of my devices that use AA and AAA batteries (Digital Camera, Wireless Keyboard/Mouse, MP3 Player, etc.).  The Nyko packs will only work in the Wii and if they run out during a game you're going to have to stop playing or grab a separate set of batteries.  That and it's another thing to have lying around the house.

I really like the new Rayovac Hybrid batteries which don't have the discharge problem of most other NiMHs.  (Most NiMHs slowly discharge while not in use.)  And they're generally cheaper than the other brands.  You can find them at most major retailers including Sears.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer