By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Recommend me a user friendly 3D modeling software!

I'm willing to do a 3D house but I don't know which software I should get for it.

It had to be capable of rendering roofs, structures, as also outdoor environments such as grass, pool, trees, etc.

I've already had an affair with Zbrush, which is a very good modeling software but focused on creating single objects, I'm an average user at it but it doesn't fit.

I've already tried Bryce 6 also, but it is a landscape focused software.

Don't recommend me Maya, it's way too complex for me. I wanted something like The Sims House Editor, if that isn't asking too much.

If anyone can give some tips, I'd appreciate much =)

Around the Network

I've used Blender with some success. http://www.blender.org/

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

http://www.wings3d.com/

Wings is quite good but lacks oomph.

If you can get your hands on it Solidworks is a very very powerful tool and I've heard Cinema 4D isn't bad for artistic work.

Can you guys posts some pics of your creations in said softwares?

It would be nice to have a comparison of both programs by the hands of a non-professional user. (assuming you are not designers lol)

3DMax is what I use in my animation/modeling class

Around the Network

I want warn you that EVERY 3D modeling SW is gonna be complicated, it takes some LV of dedication. My work work is at class but im currently modeling Red Queen, Nero's sword from DMC4

Xxain,

Yes I know that, it took me a long time before I could get my bearings on Zbrush, and I didn't wan't to do nothing specific on it. Just 3D modeling for killing time.

But I don't think I'm willing to spend another 4 or 5 months learning all by myself on a complicated software again, because my only interest is to make the damn house really.

Nothing else, that why I am looking for a user friendly software that doesn't take more than a week to master :P

Bamboleo said:
Xxain,

Yes I know that, it took me a long time before I could get my bearings on Zbrush, and I didn't wan't to do nothing specific on it. Just 3D modeling for killing time.

But I don't think I'm willing to spend another 4 or 5 months learning all by myself on a complicated software again, because my only interest is to make the damn house really.

Nothing else, that why I am looking for a user friendly software that doesn't take more than a week to master :P

I know its daunting, This is my 1st Xxperience with 3D modeling/Animation ands alot to take in. Im trying to buy real computer so I can run I can start practicing at home.

Well my sig is an example of stuff I've done in Wings3D. If you're not looking to do anything serious and just doing it to kill time Wings is a decent bet - it's a very simple and intuitive interface without many options.

I use Google SketchUp.