By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Reviews Trauma Center: New Blood, and gives it...

...an 8.5!!  For reference, they only gave Second Opinion an 8.

Review Link: http://wii.ign.com/articles/835/835977p1.html

Some choice quotes:

"The game now runs in 16:9 widescreen in addition to 480p display, there are more backdrops during story telling, and far more VO, as every character has a specific voice actor and tons of recorded lines."

"All in all there's more moment-to-moment improv, more multi-step procedures, and a higher level of difficulty. We were worried New Blood would feel like a mission pack added on to the original game, but that isn't the case, as there's far more to see and do this time around."

"Also included this time around is an impressive co-op mode, which absolutely makes the experience as far as we're concerned. Two players can grab a pair of controllers, and work with full co-op on any mission or challenge in the game."

"...Trauma Center is easily one of the best third party games on Wii this year."

"Trauma Center: New Blood is the best in the series, and a must-have for any Wii owner."

So, who besides me has this game on their holiday shopping list now?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

i want to try the trauma center series, mainly cause i love anything Atlus publishes

I'm gonna hit it like the fist of an angry god! As soon as I get the funds.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The ign review was good, I loved the first game and will get the new also. but the only small gripe I have is that because of the all new characters i wont be called Dr Styles any more. I liked being called Dr Style:)

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

The two player co-op is *gold*, it's basically all I wanted in the last Trauma Center (which was an awesome game...)

I can't wait to get this one. :) 

Around the Network

The first game is my favorite game on the wii, and now me and my gf can play together. its also so strange that ign calls the the best 3rd party game put still gives it only a 8.5

This is my signature.

Curses. Yet ANOTHER game to add to the buy list. My inner gamer rejoices, yet my wallet and my available free time lament ceaselessly.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I have a friend who just passed his medical exams and is now a doctor, since he passed all he does is work hard every day at the hosbital and now he is getting a pretty sick of it

So shall I get this game for him?

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Sure, then he can cut his patients to ribbons while shouting "Here! This will teach you for becoming sick or injured! PERISH!" It could be cathartic.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

cool i liked second opinion so i will get this