By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gametrailers: Top 10 Most dissapointing games of the decade

MGS2,Fable Did not belong on there IMO

GTA4 and too human did tho. IMO of course

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
I don't agree with MGS2 or Fable.

Same here.

I would add State of Emergency.

Mr Khan said:

Disappointment of course implies unfulfilled promises, in which case this is a pretty good list (though a rather unknown first choice).

Spore is notably absent.

Yeah, Spore promised Klingons vs Care Bears.  The tools aren't nearly as percise to allow that to happen.

Mr Khan said:

Disappointment of course implies unfulfilled promises, in which case this is a pretty good list (though a rather unknown first choice).

Spore is notably absent.

Oh yeah Spore.

I upgraded my PC for this game :/

coolbeans said:
SW: G #1? It's not that bad to be the #1 disappointment UNLESS the hype revolving around it before it came out was really hype. It's a solid MMO but.....nothing to go as far to brag about.

Imagine playing an incredibly complicated and confusing broken mess of a game where entire professions didn't work, you had to walk across planets on foot, and there wasn't a single fully functional quest with an actual reward worth earning. Then imagine a community of incredibly patient and understanding people in this game and keep playing because of them. You tough it out with these people and as the months and years roll by things actually do get fixed, some promises are finally being made good on, some fun things get added, and this game starts to finally develop on it's a fraction of it's massive potential.

Then imagine one day the people who run the game decide to completely rewrite the rules on a lot of major aspects of the games, completely invalidate a lot of people's years of work, ruin tons of their own progress, introduce tons of new bugs and glitches, and a lot of your friends give up and finally quit.

Then imagine you endure, you make new friends, you adapt to the games, learn the new rules, and start having fun again. And then imagine in six months time the people who run the game completely rewrite the rules AGAIN! Imagine the development staff decide to start over on a game you're already paying a monthly subscription to play for the second time in less then a year. Imagine going through the same frustration and confusion and disbelief you had just suffered once before half a year ago. All because some executives at SOE though the game would sell better a cheap and broken third-rate copy of World of Warcraft.

I normally don't care about these silly lists the gaming sites throw around, but this, to me, is rare occasion where one of them involved someone making a pretty thoughtful choice.

Around the Network

wow, mgs 2 was disappointing? Is that why it sold nearly the most units and has the highest critic average?

A few of my friends got really into Star Wars Galaxies for awhile, but they all ended up quitting because the game was full of bugs and issues. I was going to get it too, but they basically killed any hype I had for the game with their complaints. So we all just stuck with Everquest 2 and WoW.

Really great video and Star Wars Galaxies...wow, no game deserves it more. Its going to take a whole other Star Wars MMORPG just to fix that mess.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Did I miss something? I had no idea too human went under the alias "metal gear solid 2: sons of liberty". Thats a pretty big typo if you ask me.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

After people got into it GTA4 is a great game i dont know anybody who complained about it after the first month you play the 30 hour story and then free roam with friends sure its not as expansive as SA but its a foundation.

I loved the story. Not a disappointment. I'm surprised COD is not there have they noticed the 6 on Metacritic by readers.

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!