By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crysis 2 : 360 first look and 360 screenshots.

Twistedpixel said:
joeorc said:

I think noone is not saying that, At least I hope not the Game I think will be d@mn fantastic in thne graphic's department.

you may be suprised:

you do know his background is a Programmer himself.he was developing game's since he was 12 year's old. in the late 80's he was making game's simulation's on the C64 at 12 year's old

the first  crysis was a graphic's beast an I see this one will also, but I think what Yurli was mainly talking about is that Right now in development

they are all going to be pretty d@mn good, the slight running better is just that Slight that it would in most likely not even matter because the feeling of all three when playing the game will be the same.

The feeling of all three? Hell no! PC gamers will have better graphics, display options (3D or surround or BOTH), better framerates and an interface which suits open world games a little better.

Btw when he said 'Running better' the context was the individual parts of the game. The full statement was in brief that the game would run better on 360 in certain areas and run better on PS3 in certain areas but the way the game splits the workload is unique to each.

how so?

your playing a game that will have the same story element, just because the PC could have better display option's and as for framrate's I doubt that unless you have a much better graphic's card and ram which to get the best result's for a game like that is very dependent on not just that but also your CPU.

not all PC gamer's will have those best spec's, some will but not everyone.

and suit's open world better is subjective on each gamer's taste's .

that's why it's a mult-platform engine so it can, and it does not take advantage of any of platform's strength's , except for PC that IS.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

hahahahhahah those are the pc screens in console terms "bullshots" in no way shape or form can consoles produce these graphics impossible 150%

flowjo said:
hahahahhahah those are the pc screens in console terms "bullshots" in no way shape or form can consoles produce these graphics impossible 150%

you know that's what people said about KZ2 "there's no way the PS3 can produce graphic's like that

or

Alan Wake there is no way the "xbox360 could produce graphic's like that"

people have been wrong before.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:
Twistedpixel said:

The feeling of all three? Hell no! PC gamers will have better graphics, display options (3D or surround or BOTH), better framerates and an interface which suits open world games a little better.

Btw when he said 'Running better' the context was the individual parts of the game. The full statement was in brief that the game would run better on 360 in certain areas and run better on PS3 in certain areas but the way the game splits the workload is unique to each.

how so?

your playing a game that will have the same story element, just because the PC could have better display option's and as for framrate's I doubt that unless you have a much better graphic's card and ram which to get the best result's for a game like that is very dependent on not just that but also your CPU.

that's why it's a mult-platform engine so it can, and it does not take advantage of any of platform's strength's , except for PC that IS.

You can walk around with a pair of welding goggles on or you can walk around with a full vision of your surroundings. Im the latter and you're the person with the welding goggles. Viva la eyefinity.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

and to anyone who thinks crysis 2 will run in native 1080p on consoles is just plain delusional, a lot of you need to stop and take a breath and realize the consoles are dated and holding back the further progression of graphics in general.

crysis 2 will be a great looking game but it will not up the bar in graphics in anyway on console, hope you all realize the consoles have only 512 mb of ram and very old gpus they are limited and will not look like this only the high end pcs will be able to play in this fidelity

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
joeorc said:
Twistedpixel said:

how so?

You can walk around with a pair of welding goggles on or you can walk around with a full vision of your surroundings. Im the latter and you're the person with the welding goggles. Viva la eyefinity.

welding goggles huh..

I just do not think to play the game at the higher setting's is worth the added cost to upgrade my PC.

even though I could, I will not do it because I have no interest in doing so.

beside's I use my PC mainly for work, not playing game's.

Yes the PC is better I know that, the PS3 and the xbox360 cannot compete with the full  capability of some PC gaming rig's because of the ability of what you can add to them, but on the same token. I think it's even more of a waste of money to do that on PC's to play a handful of gams that developer's that make PC game's will rarely exploit that hardware.

I have only so much time in the day to play game's its not  a big deal to me if I cannot play a game or two at higher setting's since the story line will be the same, yes in many cases the PC will get Mod's for game's while that is a big bonus, an a incentive for some people to go with PC. instead of the PS3 or the xbox360 once again not everyone care's about mod's

I AM BOLO

ps:

It is hard to believe that those screenshots are from the 360. It even looks better than alan wake. Those screens must be from PC.

And to all saying crysis was visual only; actually play the game. The gameplay is fun and enjoyable and the story is more entertaining than most FPS' out there.

joeorc said:
flowjo said:

you know that's what people said about KZ2 "there's no way the PS3 can produce graphic's like that

or

Alan Wake there is no way the "xbox360 could produce graphic's like that"

people have been wrong before.

Except that in this case, those screens looks better than either alan wake or killzone 2 and Crysis 2 is also on PC.

alan wake is technically nowhere near games like killzone2, heavy rain , Uncharted 1 or 2 , gow 3 or crysis 1 or crysis 2.

alan wake has nice lighting thats about it , some of you 360 fans need to take the glasses off for a change, some of you crazies are even calling halo reach the best looking game on console what a joke your self esteems are

flowjo said:
alan wake is technically nowhere near games like killzone2, heavy rain , Uncharted 1 or 2 , gow 3 or crysis 1 or crysis 2.

alan wake has nice lighting thats about it , some of you 360 fans need to take the glasses off for a change, some of you crazies are even calling halo reach the best looking game on console what a joke your self esteems are

I think that's subjective on how the gamer in question view's each Game, I for one think Alan Wake look's very Good, is it the best game, for some it may be for other's it is not the best looking console game.

I t does not meant one side is right or Wrong it just mean's they have their own opinion on what game they feel is better.

as for Lighting being it?

I think you may be selling Alan Wake short, since we have yet to play it. I think it's IDEA "sort of a take on pitch black"

in pitch Black that IDEA was used about light and how it was the hidden  main part of the story while riddick was the focus of the character the blackness was the undertone of the story, seeing how riddick has lowlight on all the time, shine them eye's..

I AM BOLO

ps: