By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crysis 2 : 360 first look and 360 screenshots.

leo-j said:
selnor said:
aragod said:
How can these be from Xbox version when they are full HD? Is this game supposed to run in native 1080p which Xbox can't pull of?

They are bulletshots and most likely from either PC version or just renders (doesn't matter which engine, they won't run at this quality anyway).

Just so you know, the 360 can do native 1080p. It's up to the dev if they can do that with their engine. It's probably an upscaled image though. As Crytek have said it will probably be 720p on 360 and PS3.

Just so you know, it cannot do native 1080p

it can if it  has HDMI, only the component equiped model of xbox360 send's the analog signal at 1080i/24 with the HDMI xbox360's it's 1080p/30or higher

thus IT can do native through HDMi

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
selnor said:
aragod said:
How can these be from Xbox version when they are full HD? Is this game supposed to run in native 1080p which Xbox can't pull of?

They are bulletshots and most likely from either PC version or just renders (doesn't matter which engine, they won't run at this quality anyway).

Just so you know, the 360 can do native 1080p. It's up to the dev if they can do that with their engine. It's probably an upscaled image though. As Crytek have said it will probably be 720p on 360 and PS3.

wrong again leo.. keep up the good work.

well it does depend on the xbox360 though..

that is all xbox360's are equiped with HDMi now anyway...

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I don't trust screenshots anymore.....I'l see it in motion & then decide how the console graphics stack up to the PC ones.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kowenicki said:
joeorc said:
kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
selnor said:
aragod said:

wrong again leo.. keep up the good work.

well it does depend on the xbox360 though..

that is all xbox360's are equiped with HDMi now anyway...

true HDMI on all for a while now.

although....

I am sure I read once somewhere that 1080p over component was also possible.... but was TV dependant.

yea it's going through component at 1080 but the source signal is 1080i not 1080p thus it's still 1080i no matter what you do, it can be upconverted but the signal has to be deinterlaced before it can display at 1080p/ which is why it's upconverted not native.

but like isaid it's still 1080, even though it's Interlaced it's a pretty D@mn fine picture.

I just think that was one of the Thing's that Microsoft messed up on when they first released the xbox360, now this is just me that Is , I think the game's are fantastic, But I think Microsoft should have used HDMi right from the start.

that's just one of the only few fault's that I found in the xbox360.

an the xbox360 does have few fault's.

just like the PS3 both are great game machine's.

the only reason I do not have an xbox360 right now is because I already have access to one. but I may get one for myself in the future, their being more stingy with their xbox360..

nothing wrong with component, for one that's great that component is still supported, but the advantages of HDMi are pretty d@mn good over component, and I am glad Microsoft now releases every XBOX360 with HDMi.

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:

Notes
- All titles have been checked as being 1080p compatible firsthand by the back of the game box and/or by owning/playing the game at 1080p resolution. Unlike what is happening on the Xbox 360 game boxes, Sony doesn’t advertise 1080p on the back of game boxes unless it is a truly native 1080p title.

Then why is Uncharted 2 listed as a 1080P title when it only renders 1280 by 1080, definately not a native title.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network
joeorc said:

I think noone is not saying that, At least I hope not the Game I think will be d@mn fantastic in thne graphic's department.

you may be suprised:

you do know his background is a Programmer himself.he was developing game's since he was 12 year's old. in the late 80's he was making game's simulation's on the C64 at 12 year's old

the first  crysis was a graphic's beast an I see this one will also, but I think what Yurli was mainly talking about is that Right now in development

they are all going to be pretty d@mn good, the slight running better is just that Slight that it would in most likely not even matter because the feeling of all three when playing the game will be the same.

The feeling of all three? Hell no! PC gamers will have better graphics, display options (3D or surround or BOTH), better framerates and an interface which suits open world games a little better.

Btw when he said 'Running better' the context was the individual parts of the game. The full statement was in brief that the game would run better on 360 in certain areas and run better on PS3 in certain areas but the way the game splits the workload is unique to each.

guys.... it's blunt obvious where the press shots are from......

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14354294/crysis-2/images/crysis-2-20100304002707162.html?page=mediaFull

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14354294/crysis-2/images/crysis-2-20100304002715615.html?page=mediaFull

they are 1920x1065 shots...... with so much fucking AA that you don't even see a block of jaggie unless you put your eyes 5 inchs away from your monitor............ these are press shots.... most likely from PC..... not a big deal..... EA did the same thing with ME2..... all press images and videos from the PC version...... really, whateve.....

Twistedpixel said:
joeorc said:

Notes
- All titles have been checked as being 1080p compatible firsthand by the back of the game box and/or by owning/playing the game at 1080p resolution. Unlike what is happening on the Xbox 360 game boxes, Sony doesn’t advertise 1080p on the back of game boxes unless it is a truly native 1080p title.

Then why is Uncharted 2 listed as a 1080P title when it only renders 1280 by 1080, definately not a native title.

that's why I posted that:

selnor was using that very site for the number of game's and their resolution's, I know it's not native 1080p it's native is 720p so why was Selnor using that Site as proof about the xbox360 game resolution?

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:
Twistedpixel said:
joeorc said:

Notes

that's why I posted that:

selnor was using that very site for the number of game's and their resolution's, I know it's not native 1080p it's native is 720p so why was Selnor using that Site as proof about the xbox360 game resolution?

Well actually it wasn't listed btw on the site but listed a 1080P checkbox on the back. My guess is that they really used a few of the sites like Beyond3D which have accurate counts.

usually that just means the game can be upscaled to 1080p on your TV instead of being restricted to 720p display.