By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Well they forced my hand, I had to get a gamefly account...

There are just too many awesome games coming out, I just couldn't keep up. I can't possibly afford all of the awesome that's hitting the shelves, so I broke down and signed up for gamefly. My first 10 days are free and then I'm going to switch to the plan that alows 1 game at a time (2 at a time seems like a waste for a married working man). I will actually get to play alot of games that I've missed as well, and it alows the convenience of playing games that I wouldn't ordinarily buy (such as red steel) but am still curious about.

Anybody else here have a gamefly account? How do you like it? Any complaints? 

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

i dont have one,i have also been considering one

I have a gamesfrenzy acount and I would assume it is the same system, a monthly fee, games sent in the post. I get two at a time as i share it with my brother, and its great cause I can try out games that I am sure about before I buy them as well as play ones through that im not desperate to buy. The only disanvantage is that you cannot decide when you get your games, on gamesfrenzy there is a hi/med/low priority system, but it is still a good way to play more game (£14 a month for two game)

add me

I have Gamefly.

Go to Brightspot.tv.

You watch ads, and they pay you for it. It's soo easy and it knocks $10 off my Gamefly bill each month.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The only complaint I have is sometimes they don't get brand new releases in time, as in they run out or something...and so when you send a game back, expecting a new release...sometimes you get the next game on your Q instead. Kinda sucks...but it's understandable, and I'm sure you wanted to play that next game as well, since it was on your Q.
It's happened to me once...and it's happened to my friend a couple times, as he always tries to rent the biggest releases.

Keeping games for a reduced price is great too...they send you a mint condition official game case with all the original instruction booklets and papers inside...a new $50 Wii game would cost you $42 or so on Gamefly used...plus you get $5 every 3 months towards used game purchases...I bought Red Steel last month for like $10.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

brightspot? :u sounds interesting if i was to get a 2 game deal would it still take $10 off my gamefly bill? :u

wow, thanks for the tip ben. I'm practically renting games for free now.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Yeah, even you're renting 2 games at a time, Brightspot.tv knocks off a maximum of $10 a month as long as you watch enough ads.

And the amount of ads needed to earn $10 probably only adds up to a half hour in the long run...the only thing is you can't watch them all at once, you can only watch so many at a time...so you'll need to remember to go back to the site every few days or whatever.

Hardly a chore even, for $10 off Gamefly, or a few other services you could use it for. It's only a few bucks a month for me to use Gamefly after this...definitely worth it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

totally worth it. I just surfed this site, until the audio stopped, then answered the question, and then clicked back to this site. Do you know how often they update the commercials for me to go back?

I only do 1 game at a time, so that's like 6 bucks a month for me. To go to blockbuster it costs like 8 bucks to rent 1 game.

Well I typically go to the site a couple times a week...so I dunno, gotta wait a few days usually.

You can even just mute the ad and just answer the questions any way you want...it doesn't matter, except that if you say you like a car ad, you'll probably get another car ad...etc.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM