By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Makes a Peace Offering to Live 1.0 Users

Anybody eligible for this offer?  I've had my account for a while, but I changed my account name from the original xbox to xbox 360, so I'm not...bummer.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/22224/Microsoft-Makes-a-Peace-Offering-to-Live-10-Users/

More than a few gamers called foul when Microsoft announced the impending shutdown of Xbox Live 1.0 last month. Aiming to provide a bit of consolation, Microsoft has quietly given word that gamers who have remained on the original Xbox and Halo 2 players will receive a few benefits in the coming months. Via Microsoft:

What is Xbox LIVE doing for me?

• To thank you for being a loyal Xbox LIVE customer, we are giving you a free, three-month LIVE Gold membership and 400 Microsoft Points for you to use as you choose on Xbox LIVE.

• In addition, because you've been so loyal to Halo, we are inviting you to participate in the exclusive Halo: Reach Beta.

How do I get these offers?

• You will receive a token for 400 MS points. Check your Xbox LIVE account messages on the console. These points can be used for 365 days after you activate your token.

• We are extending your Gold membership by three months automatically. The extension will be directly reflected in your LIVE account.

• Finally, as the beta gets closer, you will receive an e-mail containing the code granting you access to the exclusive Halo: Reach Beta.

While it isn't quite a free Xbox 360, it's certainly more than Microsoft was obligated to provide. While there's no official word on who qualifies or when players can expect to receive the aforementioned goodies, but we can confirm that some users have already received tokens for points and Live time.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

wow

stuff that basically comes with a 360 anyway

awesome consolation prize

the beta is cool tho i guess if you like halo

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Awesome consolation prize considering... well..

I got the code and 3 months of Live, and I'm an active 360 user.

MS for the win.

It's just that simple.

@monsta

so wait this is for guys who paid for live TWICE

so they paid for xbox and 360?

wow . . . . . .

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Pyramid Head said:
@monsta

so wait this is for guys who paid for live TWICE

so they paid for xbox and 360?

wow . . . . . .

The original live codes were going for about 5 bucks at one store I when to...If you ONLY had and original xbox and a 360, then you had 2 account I think.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

still i aways thought it was bizarre that you had to have two totally different accounts for both xboxes

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I had Live only for the XBox 360. Tho you could always log into your Live account via your old XBox.

Anyways, I played Halo 2 on my 360. But I use to play Halo 2 years ago on my original XBox as well.

They threw me a bone despite being on Live since the first year of It's released.

It's just that simple.

Just to let you guys know. Ive only been an Xbox Live customer on the 360 and still got the code. I've played Halo 2's online on my 360 before but not on matchmaking, just locally while signed in. So i guess its even if you didnt play on the original. CHECK YO INBOX!!

Thanks a lot microsoft.

Stop moaning about the game, if you don't like the game shut up and make our own game.

pretty decent of them IMO
although, how does this help the Live 1.0 users if they don't have an X360? or am I missing something?

to be fair, I shouldn't think there's all that many of them left who don't have an x360 lol

Proud Sony Rear Admiral